Author Topic: Pelosi to Run Again  (Read 3298 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Pelosi to Run Again
« on: January 26, 2022, 10:15:28 AM »
Come on, man, you're 81. Give it up already!

This goes for anyone on either side of the aisle. It's a classic case of self-importance and not being able to let go. I saw a soundbite where she talked about having to do it in order to save democracy. It seems that a lot of dems are unhappy with her choice as well.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

HankB

• friend
Re: Pelosi to Run Again
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2022, 10:25:07 AM »
I've heard people are printing "RUN NANCY RUN" bumper stickers.

And people are putting them on their FRONT bumpers.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2022, 10:30:57 AM »
I've heard people are printing "RUN NANCY RUN" bumper stickers.

And people are putting them on their FRONT bumpers.
I think I first heard that joke told about a politician in the 80's.   =D
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2022, 10:31:59 AM »
Let's go Brenda!
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2022, 07:44:10 AM »
I just saw part of her announcement, and I'm now 98.4% certain she ate Hansel & Gretel.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2023, 01:42:03 PM »
Like a bad smell she just won't go away

🚨BREAKING: @SpeakerPelosi just told volunteers at a breakfast in San Francisco that she will run for another term in Congress.
    — Dustin Gardiner (@dustingardiner) September 8, 2023

'What a GREAT idea!' (said no one, EVER): Nancy Pelosi says she will run for a 20th term in the House
https://twitchy.com/coucy/2023/09/08/nancy-pelosi-says-she-will-run-for-a-20-th-term-in-the-house-n2386990

'
Now more than ever our City needs us to advance San Francisco values and further our recovery,' Pelosi wrote on X, formerly known as Twitter, Friday.

'Our country needs America to show the world that our flag is still there, with liberty and justice for ALL. That is why I am running for reelection — and respectfully ask for your vote.'
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12496957/Nancy-Pelosi-83-confirms-running-Former-Democrat-speaker-reveals-wants-two-years-Congress-help-San-Franciscos-recovery.html

Suddenly feel the need to chug a bottle of vodka
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2023, 02:52:12 PM »
I think I first heard that joke told about a politician in the 80's.   =D

Jesse Jackson. In the north the sticker was on the back. In the south, not so much. I grew up in a back bumper family. Of course I was also present for the 08 primary discussion about not supporting Hillary because she was “too conservative.”
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2023, 06:18:07 PM »
. . . I was also present for the 08 primary discussion about not supporting Hillary because she was “too conservative.”
That's more absurd than the story about Hillary being involved in kidnapping children for use as human sacrifices in satanic rituals that included cannibalism.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2023, 06:27:32 PM »
I was also present for the 08 primary discussion about not supporting Hillary because she was “too conservative.”

That's more absurd than the story about Hillary being involved in kidnapping children for use as human sacrifices in satanic rituals that included cannibalism.

Some on the left referred to Hillary as too conservative in 2016 as well
- Calvin and Hobbes

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2023, 09:24:54 PM »
Of course she’s going to run again. She’s not about to give up her power, bribes, and choice investing powers.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2023, 03:46:03 PM »
Are we sure "Dem" isn't short for "Demented?"

Sorta looks that way, don't it?
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2023, 03:49:16 PM »
Are we sure "Dem" isn't short for "Demented?"

Sorta looks that way, don't it?

Why can't it mean both at the same time?
- Calvin and Hobbes

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2023, 09:57:57 AM »
Why can't it mean both at the same time?

Well, the distinction is getting blurredier and blurredier, which is what brought up the question.  Touching base with actual reality is not a component of their "platform" or choice of candidates.  Didn't Soros' son say he was going to put over a billion dollars into American elections recently?  Or maybe that was just anti-gun promotion?  Or was all that just internet buzz?

If so, I'm sure that would be great news for the advertising income of the media, wouldn't it?  No wonder the media is so comfortable with leftist propaganda.

Terry, 230RN
« Last Edit: September 13, 2023, 10:10:25 AM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.