Author Topic: Obama spied on Trump  (Read 1380 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
Obama spied on Trump
« on: April 10, 2019, 01:02:36 PM »
https://dailycaller.com/2019/04/10/william-barr-spying-trump-campaign/

AG Barr acknowledges that the Obama administration DID spy on the Trump campaign. He notes that the spying might have been "predicated" (legitimate), but that he won't know that without an investigation.

This article mentions the FBI, but another article suggested that the majority of the spying may have been by intelligence agencies other than the FBI.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Unisaw

• friend
Re: Obama spied on Trump
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2019, 01:10:33 PM »
Barr is certainly a welcome change from Jeff Sessions.  I hope it's not all for show, but I suspect Barr is the real deal.
Well, if you have the sudden urge to lick your balls you'll know you got the veterinary version... K Frame

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2019, 01:54:46 PM »
Forgive me for losing track of this stuff, but can anyone give a rundown of what spying we are certain about?
Off the top of my head there is:

Carter Page - FISA warrant. Released with redactions - lots of speculation still about those redactions. It started after he had left the campaign but would have given access to prior communications if I understand correctly. Obviously it would cover whoever he's talking to although I'm not aware of any details released about who that includes. It was also renewed 2 or 3 times I think?

Michael Flynn - Assumed to be incidental collection (speaking w/ a foreign ambassador). I think this one kick-offed the "unmasking scandal" did that actually go anywhere? This is the last thing I remember happening on that front: https://www.circa.com/story/2017/08/03/politics/susan-rice-keeps-top-secret-security-clearance-hr-mcmaster-letter-says

Stefan Halper - We know he was an FBI and CIA informant and he contacted Trump Campaign members (Clovis, Page, & Papadopoulos) asking them what they knew about hacked emails. He didn't seem to get much. I seem to remember his identity being pieced together from a bunch of different redacted documents.
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2019, 02:04:02 PM »
Forgive me for losing track of this stuff, but can anyone give a rundown of what spying we are certain about?

Wiretaps of Trump Tower, for one.

Probably monitored campaign and Trump family e-mail and cell phone traffic, as well.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2019, 02:24:54 PM »
My prediction is that not one damn thing will come from any of it.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2019, 03:10:48 PM »
My prediction is that not one damn thing will come from any of it.

You keep saying that.

And they keep proving that you're right.

DittoHead

• friend
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2019, 03:25:45 PM »
Wiretaps of Trump Tower, for one.
???
I thought that whole thing turned out to be Trump talking about the Carter Page FISA warrant?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trump_Tower_wiretapping_allegations
Although monitoring Manafort is mentioned there which I didn't have listed and don't have much info on.
http://fortune.com/2017/09/19/paul-manafort-fbi-surveillance-donald-trump-russia/
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

doczinn

• friend
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2019, 09:15:03 PM »
This is my shocked face.
D. R. ZINN

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2019, 11:13:43 PM »
???
I thought that whole thing turned out to be Trump talking about the Carter Page FISA warrant?
Although monitoring Manafort is mentioned there which I didn't have listed and don't have much info on.
http://fortune.com/2017/09/19/paul-manafort-fbi-surveillance-donald-trump-russia/

And?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

DittoHead

• friend
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2019, 08:38:59 AM »

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2019, 08:42:38 AM »
Early on I heard transcripts of conversations were shared with people like Valerie Jarrett.  Using the countries' internal and external espionage apparatus to spy on political opponents should be something that gets you taken out back and shot.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2019, 09:46:16 AM »
Early on I heard transcripts of conversations were shared with people like Valerie Jarrett.  Using the countries' internal and external espionage apparatus to spy on political opponents should be something that gets you taken out back and shot.

Concur.

We know it happened. Anyone with at least half a brain knows why it was done. Crap like this should simultaneously enrage and scare the hell out of any liberty loving person.
If this goes unanswered our republic is truly dead.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2019, 11:20:20 PM »
???

I believe the allegation is that the whole thing was cooked up as an excuse to surveil Trump's campaign.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2019, 02:28:33 AM »
Concur.

We know it happened. Anyone with at least half a brain knows why it was done. Crap like this should simultaneously enrage and scare the hell out of any liberty loving person.
If this goes unanswered our republic is truly dead.

This.  It’s incredible that so many people have been bamboozled into not seeing the problem.
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2019, 03:51:49 AM »
A very good synopsis:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/barr-brings-accountability-11555022792

And I think everyone misses one final piece.  The after.  After Hillary gets elected and sometime either shortly before the midterms or in the runup to 2020.

"FBI Investigation reveals Trump campaign conspired with Russians to steal 2016 election."

It would utterly destroy the Republican party.  With Hillary (and the democrats) controlling the organs of government, no way to refute the allegations, the media would be like a pack of piranhas.  The Republican Party would be skeletionized and the democrats free to run rough shod over the Republic and Constitution and implement every and any hare-brained scheme they wished.  Questioning them or opposing them would mean you were one of those Republicans controlled by the Russians.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Chester32141

• friend
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2019, 06:01:34 PM »
"The best argument against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter...... "

Photos
CBs Hawg Sauce