Author Topic: Parkland parent is pro-school safety  (Read 566 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
Parkland parent is pro-school safety
« on: March 28, 2018, 01:29:52 PM »
But not anti-gun:

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2018/03/28/after-his-daughter-was-murdered-in-parkland-andrew-pollack-has-a-mission-to-make-schools-safer-without-grabbing-guns/

This is the same thing that happened after Sandy Hook. The media doesn't want us to know it, but there are parents of sandy Hook victims who are (some of whom only after the event) pro-gun, along with being pro-school safety. The media only talks about the anti-gun parents. And now we see the same thing playing out in Florida.

After the game, he told Breitbart News that he felt that the left had hijacked the student movement into an emotional tirade against guns.  

“If somebody mentions the word gun control, the way I look is they are deflecting from keeping our schools safe, so it angers me,” he said. “Everyone has the right to march for whatever they want, but it takes away from our objective if you’ve got everybody shouting guns, and the schools are still wide open. You could walk in with a pistol, a rifle, a knife or an ax.

He blames the media for turning every mass shooting into a  gun control issue rather than focusing on the simple task of making the schools more secure.

“That’s all you hear now … When they start with the gun control, I take it personal, it’s not going to fix the schools,” he said.

He chooses not to disparage the kids from Parkland, after they rallied at the March for Our Lives, but admits that he feels that the movement got hijacked.

This whole march was politicized, you know, but they’re kids, so you can’t really blame them, they’re scared, they think they’re doing the right thing,” he said.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

freakazoid

• friend
Re: Parkland parent is pro-school safety
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2018, 08:00:14 PM »
It's the same thing with the brother of a girl that was killed there. They wouldn't let him speak at one of their events because he didn't want to turn it into some anti-gun tirade.
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: Parkland parent is pro-school safety
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2018, 08:03:57 PM »
It's the same thing with the brother of a girl that was killed there. They wouldn't let him speak at one of their events because he didn't want to turn it into some anti-gun tirade.

Yeah. He was also apparently attacked (his dad too) on social media for telling all of them to stop using his sister's name in relation to the gun control stuff. She was in the JROTC at the school.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."