Author Topic: Sando  (Read 690 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Sando
« on: July 26, 2019, 03:25:14 PM »
The hip stuff has once again flown past without me noticing. Apparently "sando" is the new hip slang for sandwich. Or it might have been for a while, but I just learned about it at 10 Barrels Brewing today. I still like Sammy. That is all.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
Re: Sando
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2019, 03:36:49 PM »
That's not one of those bearded, flannel wearing, man bun sporting hipster kind of places is it?

bob

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2019, 03:50:30 PM »
The hip stuff has once again flown past without me noticing. Apparently "sando" is the new hip slang for sandwich. Or it might have been for a while, but I just learned about it at 10 Barrels Brewing today. I still like Sammy. That is all.

:shrug:

"Sandwich" has always conveyed the concept, in my experience. Around this corner of the universe, a "Sammy" is a Suzuki Samurai.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2019, 04:27:12 PM »
"Sando"? I thought you moved to Idaho, not Australia.

"Sammitch" is preferred. "Sammy" is way too Tom Haverford.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mQoI_a_toU
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2019, 04:40:44 PM »
That's not one of those bearded, flannel wearing, man bun sporting hipster kind of places is it?

bob

Well, they apparently started in Portland, so does that answer your question?  :laugh:
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

BobR

• friend
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2019, 05:10:42 PM »
Well, they apparently started in Portland, so does that answer your question?  :laugh:

That says a lot more about Boise than I even imagined. A Portland brewery heading to Idaho? I guess Boise is the liberal bastion of Idaho. :(

bob

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2019, 05:22:46 PM »
That says a lot more about Boise than I even imagined. A Portland brewery heading to Idaho? I guess Boise is the liberal bastion of Idaho. :(

bob

Don't tell that to Moscow or Sun Valley.  =D

BobR

• friend
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2019, 05:27:10 PM »
Don't tell that to Moscow or Sun Valley.  =D

But, but, but Moscow and Sun Valley are just little dots on the map, with Boise you have all of the little dots around it joining in on the party. I will be running into the same thing when I move to Pahrump, conservative in Pahrump but a plethora of liberals over the mountains about 60 miles away (Las Vegas). I am not sure outside of a very few states you can get away from liberalism that is growing like wildfire.

bob

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2019, 09:52:30 PM »
conservative in Pahrump but a plethora of liberals over the mountains about 60 miles away (Las Vegas).

Hey! Don't generalize.
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2019, 10:42:28 PM »
One finger snap for sandwich, two for sandwich and beer. Does no one train their wimmin anymore?
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.