Author Topic: A Man in High Heels on a Spaceship  (Read 621 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
A Man in High Heels on a Spaceship
« on: July 27, 2019, 10:57:49 PM »
If you want to know everything that's wrong with Netflix original series, (try to) watch "Another Life". I actually had hope for it since Katee Sakhoff is starring. She's the only good part. I just watched episode 2 and I don't think I can make it through the series, and I will watch some crap just because it's sci-fi.

This is whiny rotten no good SJW teenagers in space on a mission to save the world. The leadership of Earth decided to send a crew of unstable, unlikable 20-something idiots to make contact with a new civilization.  In a military that "doesn't do uniforms - where have you been, man?" With a tranny doctor walking around the ship in tight leather pants and high heels, where mutiny is no big deal - chill out, and who follows orders anyway? Where "scientists" take their helmets off on a new world just because there's oxygen, nevermind microbes. Also nevermind any attempt at all at any attempt at following the laws of physics. Also the "General" who every time the scientist back on Earth attempts to communicate with the alien artifact, tells him to quit after literally 10 seconds because there were no results.

Netflix is going so SJW in all its original series that it's just getting to be too much. Just check out the hundreds of 1 and 2 star reviews on IMDB. They're being generous. Save your energy. Save yourselves. Avoid "Another Life".
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: A Man in High Heels on a Spaceship
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2019, 10:59:33 PM »
 Abby Normal is the new normal
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2019, 11:21:49 PM »
In STAR TREK they NEVER took off their helmets in an oxygen atmosphere .... [popcorn]

Oh wait.   They never had space suits.

See how convenient it was 50 years ago? :angel: :old: :old:
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2019, 11:37:26 PM »
"Oh wait.   They never had space suits."

Amazing how many Goldilocks planets they found.  Of course, settlers and explorers would only settle on such in the first place.  And natcherly, Science Officer Spock would check out unknowns from the Enterprise with his Tricorder.  "Breathable atmosphere and gravity is one to the eighteenth ergs, Captain."
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2019, 08:26:33 AM »
If folks kept their helmets on, Alien:Covenant would have been much duller. There's a lesson there.

In contrast, I just finished season 1 of Dark on Netflix and I'm enjoying it. It's German, so there's some cultural differences in the storytelling and sometimes the translation isn't super smooth, but it has decent characters and an interesting sci-fi/time travel plot.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2019, 08:52:18 AM »

In contrast, I just finished season 1 of Dark on Netflix and I'm enjoying it. It's German, so there's some cultural differences in the storytelling and sometimes the translation isn't super smooth, but it has decent characters and an interesting sci-fi/time travel plot.

I just finished season 2. :)

I really like it. Even for languages that I don't know, I prefer viewing in the original language with subtitles. The subtitles for Dark or pretty accurate (I've seen some horrendous German-English translations) and much better than hearing dubbed voices that don't match character reactions. Though to continue with my Netflix SJW bashing, 80% of the time you see *expletive deleted*ck in the subtitle, the characters actually mean *expletive deleted*it or crap. Netflix really likes to throw the fbomb into every other sentence, regardless of language apparently.

Yes, I know one could make the same complaints about Star Trek and others, but artistic license there can be easily forgiven/overlooked/accepted because of the plots and quality. You guys try and watch a couple of episodes of Another Life and then see if you want to come back and argue with me. :P  :laugh:
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2019, 09:06:10 AM »
To further my rant, I should also say I really liked "The Punisher" and "Shooter". They were really well made and lasted three seasons. However in both of them, in season 2 and 3 respectively, they also went libtard. While the action, acting, and general plot were still good, the bad guys in both series went to white supremacist / proud boys analog / alt-right / evil Christian / old guy conservatives. It really spoiled things for me. Why can't they make  fictitious antifa bad guys?

I've seen the same in some Amazon originals. The bad guys are old conservative white guys.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2019, 09:09:02 AM »
To continue my rant, speaking of foreign Netflix Originals, they seem to mostly steer away from the SJW crap. In fact, they can get pretty darn politically incorrect. Derry Girls is a good example of a show that somehow makes it through the Netflix SJW censors, but were it American, people would be up in arms about some of the hilarious stuff they say about various groups of people. The nun is my favorite.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2019, 07:05:05 PM »
In Star Trek, the transporter's biofilters would take out any bad germs or poisonous substances the away team encountered.

Unless it didn't. (As was sometimes required by the script.)
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain