Author Topic: Belly Bands Again  (Read 699 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Belly Bands Again
« on: July 29, 2019, 09:57:08 AM »
We had to lock the last thread on them because it went off the rails, but I'll try again. Any updates on a good belly band? Millcreek? I'm slowly getting to where I have the free time to start my normal running routine again (and possibly add biking) and would like to get one either for my LCR, or now that I'm in America, I might buy an LCP or maybe preferably, a small, thin 9MM.

So do we have any new info on good and comfortable ones that will pretty much stay in place?
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
Re: Belly Bands Again
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2019, 10:49:26 AM »
You just have to poke that bear again, don't you?  =D   ;)

bob

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2019, 10:54:33 AM »
I think I have tried a couple (Galco and Crossbreed?).  Neither would stay in place for vigorous activity though maybe better at the waistband.  I used one briefly with a Kahr P9 and it worked well enough for just walking around.  It worked for shorts and a t-shirt, but draw speed wasn't all that fast.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2019, 08:04:41 PM »
You just have to poke that bear again, don't you?  =D   ;)

bob

I thought the upshot was they were  the equivalent of Mexican Carry in a rubber band.  And about as effective as the String Holster. >:D

And fun to analogize with fat musicians.

One man's running off the rails is another man's 300mph Levitated Bullet (MagLev) Train. =D

I'm not signing this one so nobody will know who posted it.

:rofl:

REF:
https://goneoutdoors.com/string-holsters-7583384.html
« Last Edit: July 29, 2019, 08:22:10 PM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2019, 09:56:58 PM »
Find someone round and about who will make you a nice custom holster for a small pistol like an LCP made especially for jogging and wearing shorts or running gear.   I'ts not like you are not able to pay for something like that.  It's also not like you have a dense population to worry about if it shows.   

I have an LCP that I pocket carry in certain long pants and selected shorts.  My attitude about that as it isn't necessarily easily accessed nor very accurate, but it's better than nothing.   It's what I carry in the gun free abattoirs.  Actually, when I'm walking to and from my car in a high rise parking garage in down town Grand Rapids, I will have it in the palm of my hand. 

I have another Ruger EC9s carry piece in 9mm that is my normal carry piece and I have a Fobus RU-2 ND that works just fine for concealed carry with normal clothing.  Wouldn't work for jogging.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2019, 07:14:54 AM »
Don't try to use an ankle rig for jogging, either.

Since I'm not going to be chasing bad guys down alleys and over fences, the ankle rig has become one of my deep concealment methods.

It was perectly suitable for a liberal friend's big summertime birthday party (>150 guests) where I figured a lot of hugging and other icky stuff would occur.  But not suitable for chasing down bad guys.

Terry
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2019, 08:08:13 AM »
Find someone round and about who will make you a nice custom holster for a small pistol like an LCP made especially for jogging and wearing shorts or running gear.   I'ts not like you are not able to pay for something like that.  It's also not like you have a dense population to worry about if it shows.   

I have an LCP that I pocket carry in certain long pants and selected shorts.  My attitude about that as it isn't necessarily easily accessed nor very accurate, but it's better than nothing.   It's what I carry in the gun free abattoirs.  Actually, when I'm walking to and from my car in a high rise parking garage in down town Grand Rapids, I will have it in the palm of my hand. 

I have another Ruger EC9s carry piece in 9mm that is my normal carry piece and I have a Fobus RU-2 ND that works just fine for concealed carry with normal clothing.  Wouldn't work for jogging.

I have a Simply Rugged pocket holster for my LCR, and if there were a way to keep the holster+gun from jumping around in my running shorts pocket, it would actually work. OWB solutions would work too. I'm just running on country roads within a few miles of my house, so if I see five people in that time, it's a lot.

I suppose an alternate solution is a more form fitting pair of running shorts that would bounce the gun around less. But I really like loose fitting stuff for running.

My attitude is the same as yours - I'm not looking at a fast draw, I'm looking at "better than nothing".
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

grampster

• friend
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2019, 08:54:45 PM »
Google: Sticky Holster.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw