Author Topic: If a tree fell across Paddy's driveway.......  (Read 16498 times)

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Re: If a tree fell across Paddy's driveway.......
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2008, 11:10:45 AM »
Mmmm, I can smell the smoked brisket, now.

Beef, pork..its all good.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

The Annoyed Man

« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2008, 11:17:52 AM »
Is that the Pacific peeking through past Casa de Paddy?
Looks ... peaceful.

Nope, I'm about 15 miles from the coast.  Those are the 'mountains' in between.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2008, 11:23:29 AM »
I'd have a dually diesel V10 F550 if she'd let me, but the 4WD Ranger is all I'm allowed.

Is that the biggest chainsaw she will let you have, too ?   laugh
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2008, 11:26:05 AM »
Fistful, Budweiser is about to become a foreign beer.  It will soon be owned by a bunch of fat, collectivist Euroweenies.
Good. Euroweenies deserve that thin, flavorless, watery brew.  sad

Thin? Yes.  Watery? Quite.  Flavorless?  Not really.  It has a flavor.  It's just not a very good one.

Then again, I don't much care for beer anyway.  About the only type I've ever had that I could stand was Guinness.
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

The Annoyed Man

« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2008, 11:28:17 AM »
Is that the biggest chainsaw she will let you have, too ?   

I just knew somebody would bring that up.  I replaced the original 16" bar with the 14" you see. It rips. It's light enough for me to use with one hand, and since I'm not felling trees in the Pacific Northwest, serves my purposes just fine.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2008, 11:33:27 AM »
It's light enough for me to use with one hand,

and hold a beer in the other.  grin
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2008, 11:34:23 AM »
So how long did it take you to fill out and file the:

1. California Reduction in Natural Resources Conservation Act Environmental Impact Statement?

2. Master Californial Natural Resources Conservation Replacement Mitigation Plan

3. California Animal Resources Habitat Restoration Plan (aka the 'Kangaroo Rat Plan')

4. Permit to allow a tree to naturally fall?

5. Permit to remove a naturally fallen tree?

6. Appeal for the fine levied for allowing a California Natural Resource (the tree) to decay and fall

7. California Clean Air Act Pollution Impact Statement (for running the two-stroke chainsaw)

8. Exemption request to avoid filling out the California Natural Resources Hazardous Materials Environmental Release Impact Statement (those chainsaws drip oil, don't you know).

9.Noise pollution impact statement (those chainsaws are loud)

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2008, 11:46:17 AM »
Irwin for the win!  grin 

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2008, 12:07:34 PM »
Fistful, Budweiser is about to become a foreign beer.  It will soon be owned by a bunch of fat, collectivist Euroweenies.

I live about thirty minutes from A-B, so you best believe I've heard all about it.  All day, today, in fact.  Oh noes, the jobs!  Oh noes, what will befall the new Busch Stadium?  Oh the noes, they might close Grant's Farm!  Whatever that is.   rolleyes
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Declaration Day

• friends
« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2008, 01:34:30 PM »
And why is everybody dissing Budweiser?  It's a great American company with a popular product.

Only on APS can a discussion about fallen trees mutate into a beer quality thread.  grin

But seriously, just because Budweiser is popular, doesn't mean it's good.  It sells because it's cheap, well marketed and widely available.

xavier fremboe

• friends
  • All-American Meanie
    • The Shop
« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2008, 01:48:04 PM »
Is that the biggest chainsaw she will let you have, too ?   

I just knew somebody would bring that up.  I replaced the original 16" bar with the 14" you see. It rips. It's light enough for me to use with one hand, and since I'm not felling trees in the Pacific Northwest, serves my purposes just fine.
Good thinking!  Frees the other hand up for your boomstick.  Easier to kill Deadites.
If the bandersnatch seems even mildly frumious, best to shun it.  Really. http://www.cctplastics.com

The Annoyed Man

« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2008, 01:54:53 PM »
Mike, you're scarin' me.  I never heard of all that crap.  All I did was remove an obstruction on my driveway.

But seriously, just because Budweiser Walmart is popular, doesn't mean it's good.  It sells because it's cheap, well marketed and widely available.

Fixed it for ya'  laugh

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #37 on: June 12, 2008, 02:31:52 PM »
"All I did was remove an obstruction on my driveway."

WITHOUT A PERMIT???

ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR FRIGGING MIND?
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #38 on: June 12, 2008, 03:12:33 PM »
Are we going to send Paddy some soap-on-a-rope, at his new home?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #39 on: June 12, 2008, 03:27:34 PM »
Mike, you're scarin' me.  I never heard of all that crap.

Consider yourself lucky Paddy -- the Treehuggers from down here -- real honest to goodness tie-dyed, chain themselves to a tree ones -- must not have made it up your way yet. Because down SB ways, the oaks are treated better than spotted owls. Everything Irwin said, and that's just if you decide you want to sit down and lean against one while you're out for a hike.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

xavier fremboe

• friends
  • All-American Meanie
    • The Shop
« Reply #40 on: June 12, 2008, 03:34:48 PM »
Okay.  Can someone post a synopsis or PM me about Gunkid, the tactical wheelbarrow, and soap on a rope?  This is the fourth time in two days.  All the old stuff seems to have been disappeared...
If the bandersnatch seems even mildly frumious, best to shun it.  Really. http://www.cctplastics.com

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #41 on: June 12, 2008, 03:43:42 PM »
Gunkid- worthless loser who would haunt internet forums, preaching his fantasies about .22 rifles for SHTF (he called it the "balloon going up". He was arrested a while back...

Tactical Wheelbarrow- a Gunkid invention, what he would use to cart his crap around in.

Soap on a roap- i.e., don't drop the soap in prison (or onboard a ship in the Navy) or you will be assraped.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

xavier fremboe

• friends
  • All-American Meanie
    • The Shop
« Reply #42 on: June 12, 2008, 03:46:28 PM »
Gunkid- worthless loser who would haunt internet forums, preaching his fantasies about .22 rifles for SHTF (he called it the "balloon going up". He was arrested a while back...

Tactical Wheelbarrow- a Gunkid invention, what he would use to cart his crap around in.

Soap on a roap- i.e., don't drop the soap in prison (or onboard a ship in the Navy) or you will be assraped.
Ah.  Much obliged...  If it's not too much, what was he arrested for?

Bigjake

• friend
« Reply #43 on: June 12, 2008, 03:53:06 PM »

xavier fremboe

• friends
  • All-American Meanie
    • The Shop
« Reply #44 on: June 12, 2008, 04:01:01 PM »
Thanks!  I didn't know edgy loners had a poster child.

DJJ

• friend
« Reply #45 on: June 12, 2008, 04:01:45 PM »
So how long did it take you to fill out and file the:

1. California Reduction in Natural Resources Conservation Act Environmental Impact Statement?

2. Master Californial Natural Resources Conservation Replacement Mitigation Plan

3. California Animal Resources Habitat Restoration Plan (aka the 'Kangaroo Rat Plan')

4. Permit to allow a tree to naturally fall?

5. Permit to remove a naturally fallen tree?

6. Appeal for the fine levied for allowing a California Natural Resource (the tree) to decay and fall

7. California Clean Air Act Pollution Impact Statement (for running the two-stroke chainsaw)

8. Exemption request to avoid filling out the California Natural Resources Hazardous Materials Environmental Release Impact Statement (those chainsaws drip oil, don't you know).

9.Noise pollution impact statement (those chainsaws are loud)

Right after you complete "Remedial List Numbering 1A: Too many Fives give me Hives".

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #46 on: June 12, 2008, 05:05:12 PM »
From what I hear, Colorado is not far behind California on rules and regulations  angry

My friends down there say you need something like 50 permits just to build a vacation cabin, and you can't even cut a tree off your land without a permit.  rolleyes

My new neighbor was out here for the past week - he was asking me what kind of permits he needed to build another building.  I told him that he could build anything he wanted, and just needed a permit/inspection for sewer system.  smiley

Bigjake

• friend
« Reply #47 on: June 12, 2008, 05:10:09 PM »
Thanks!  I didn't know edgy loners had a poster child.

Thats their boy.  If he wasn't currently under lock and key, I'd suspect he'd have a Ron Paul sign in front of his trailer and a Chewbacca costume stashed with the assault wheelbarrow.  laugh

Silver Bullet

• friend
« Reply #48 on: June 12, 2008, 06:10:40 PM »
Oh the noes, they might close Grant's Farm! 

I've been to Grant's Farm.  It wasn't really very interesting to me, except for a bird show they had.  Some interesting facts about how an eagle could read a headline (if it could read) from ... a long ways away.

The best part of the show was at the very end, where one of the trained birds stuck his head and a wing through a wooden cutout letter 'A', about 12 inches high, and perfectly mimiced the Anheuser-Busch logo.  I dunno how they trained that bird to do that.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #49 on: June 12, 2008, 07:46:58 PM »
"I didn't know edgy loners had a poster child."

Nah, even the edgy loners rejected that 'tard.

I believe it was Tamara on THR/TFL who was particularly adept at sniffing him out.