Main Forums > The Roundtable

How much will your Corona stimulus payment be?

<< < (3/7) > >>

MikeB:

--- Quote from: charby on March 27, 2020, 11:00:36 AM ---Unless it changes, it is $1200 per person, so a married couple would only get $2400. Kids are $500 each up to 2 kids. So a nuclear family at most would get $3400. A single parent at most would get $2200.

--- End quote ---

If it were per tax payer that would be fine, but it's not. A married couple with only one income still gets to have double the income and still get the full amount. And if it is per person then the income should not matter married or not. My point is an individual will have more or less the same expenditures as a married couple not including kids, if the idea is to help people pay bills, then it shouldn't be different if married or not. Most times rent/food/electric/heat/phone/etc. won't vary much for two people vs. one.

It really doesn't matter, since I'll be lucky if I don't get a bill vs a payment and am still employed. I just don't quite understand the logic, but I guess logic and government action mostly don't go well together anyway.

Blakenzy:
Eventually it will be a negative number for the average citizen, because TAXES!!! :lol:

Everything spent today will be sucked out of your pocket tomorrow, with interest :cool:

charby:

--- Quote from: MikeB on March 27, 2020, 11:44:19 AM ---If it were per tax payer that would be fine, but it's not. A married couple with only one income still gets to have double the income and still get the full amount. And if it is per person then the income should not matter married or not. My point is an individual will have more or less the same expenditures as a married couple not including kids, if the idea is to help people pay bills, then it shouldn't be different if married or not. Most times rent/food/electric/heat/phone/etc. won't vary much for two people vs. one.

It really doesn't matter, since I'll be lucky if I don't get a bill vs a payment and am still employed. I just don't quite understand the logic, but I guess logic and government action mostly don't go well together anyway.

--- End quote ---

Even a single person who doesn't pay taxes due to no/not enough income is going to get a check if they filed. You have to file to get the earned income credit. So your point is moot.

Northwoods:
$4400.  It's not limited to 2 kids from what I saw.

AJ Dual:
Looks like we'll be getting $4400, but like everyone else, I'm sure I'll lose more than that to inflation and taxes down the road.  :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version