Author Topic: Early Christmas, and snow tubin'  (Read 1458 times)

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
Early Christmas, and snow tubin'
« on: December 10, 2006, 04:52:27 AM »
Wife got me a new toy and gave it to me early.

A) she felt guilt for losing my camera
B) she wanted to make sure I got christmas pics of the kiddies

Took ES (Evil Spawn, part of my campaign of world domination) number 1 to a local tubin' park, where they gouge the adults for exorbient fees to drag you up the hill so you can take 5 second runs down the hill....but ES#1 had a freakin' blast....
Younger brother accompanied us
video:

grin grin grin grin grin grin
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re: Early Christmas, and snow tubin'
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2006, 06:27:53 AM »
No snow here yet.

ES1 had better get used to the east, where snow is rarer and rarer...

It's also pretty flat here.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2006, 07:01:14 AM »
We actually had to drive into the mountains to get it, about 45 minutes to the tube park from our house.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

El Tejon

• friend
    • http://www.kirkfreemanlaw.com
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2006, 08:10:32 AM »
Good times. 

Do kids still use those plastic saucer things?  Those were great either down a hill or behind a car. grin
I do not smoke pot, wear Wookie suits, live in my mom's basement, collect unemployment checks or eat Cheetoes, therefore I am not a Ron Paul voter.

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2006, 09:01:27 AM »
Good times. 

Do kids still use those plastic saucer things?  Those were great either down a hill or behind a car. grin

Yeah plus alot of plastic ones that are long like a traditional sled.
JD

crt360

• friend
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2006, 01:05:19 PM »
That looks like a lot of fun.  smiley

Good times. 

What about the magic carpets?  When I was a kid we had these cheap, heavy green plastic things (basically a 2' x 3'-4' sheet of thick, flexible, indestructible stuff with two holes cut in the front to hold on to) that would smoke any tube, sled, or world cup skier down a mountain.  We spent many hours after the slopes closed, climbing up lower blacks and blues and rocketing uncontrollably down the mountain.  Here in Texas, winter fun pretty much peaked with an iced over street on a steep hill.  All the neighborhood kids would show up with cardboard boxes and ride down until the boxes were just ragged sheets of cardboard and most of the ice had worn off the street.  Some kids would bring skis, trash can lids, wagons, Big Wheels . . . I even remember a kid on a Tonka truck.  It was like open day at the local drag strip.  Man, I wish we had cheap video cameras back then.
For entertainment purposes only.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2006, 01:25:32 PM »
I went to ski hill/slope and snow tubed for the first time last year.. About crapped my pants the first time, then it was fun! After about 2 hours it got old. I am looking at going again this year but only for an hour and they have a well stocked bar at the ski hill.

As a kid we used to use old plastic swimming pools, you could get 5-6 kids in the pool and got like a striped ape down the hills. I grew up on the mississppi river so we never had a shortage of nice steep hills in the bluffs.

I heard stories about people who would pull a car hood such as one off a something from the late 40's early 50's behind a car/truck out in the county. I guess it was fun until the hood came in contact with a bridge or driveway culvert.

Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

cosine

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2006, 05:10:21 PM »
Your kid looks like he's having' a lot of fun. Nothin' like going downhill in a snowtube, is there?  smiley
Andy

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2006, 12:27:29 PM »
In Jr. High, we managed to fit 5 or 6 of us on a toboggan one time.  We hit the first jump and ended up doing a remarkable impression of bowling pins......   If only someone'd had a video camera, we might have ended up 10,000 richer.....  Smiley

Or when my brother and I were piled onto an innertube, being pulled behind our pastor's van while doing cookies in a snowy/icy parking lot.....
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

doczinn

• friend
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2006, 04:36:42 PM »
We hit the first jump and ended up doing a remarkable impression of bowling pins......
Calvin? Is that you, Calvin?
D. R. ZINN