Author Topic: Lockdowns  (Read 1081 times)

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
Lockdowns
« on: December 21, 2020, 07:52:24 PM »
What is with the "locking down" of healthy people?

Where is the science that lock downs stop the spread of anything?

It is an understood phenomena that flu season ramps up when we all huddle inside, locked down.

Through the trial and error of centuries humans figured out that isolating the sick and infected from those most vulnerable is the safest course of action.

Everyone else goes along doing their thing, living life.

Locking up the healthy would seem absurd.

The western world is acting as if we are under a biological attack by an enemy or something!

What is with the overreaction and totally different course of action that defies the history of pandemics?

This is posted here because I personally believe this is a political issue, not medical or science.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

HankB

• friend
Re: Lockdowns
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2020, 07:57:43 PM »
Nobody seems to be asking "What lets governors make laws without the legislature?" either. Just some vague hand waving about "emergency powers."

Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2020, 02:31:31 PM »
Semi-naked power grab.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2020, 03:03:58 PM »
Nobody seems to be asking "What lets governors make laws without the legislature?" either. Just some vague hand waving about "emergency powers."

A few have been struck down by the states' supreme courts for exactly that reason.
"It's good, though..."

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2020, 04:13:03 PM »
Semi-naked power grab.

... with "emergency" as the fig leaf.

"When you allow the government to break the law in an emergency, it will create emergencies in order to break the law."
                              - stolen from someone else

""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2020, 09:56:16 PM »
It's not about health, it's about control.

I'm just shocked at the totalitarianism that was lurking subversively and has now surfaced. It's so brazen and no one seems to be in fighting mode yet. We need a modern-day Revere shouting about the commies coming, but they are already here, there, everywhere =|
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2020, 11:05:02 PM »
... with "emergency" as the fig leaf.

"When you allow the government to break the law in an emergency, it will create emergencies in order to break the law."
                              - stolen from someone else

Exactly.  I was going to just write naked power grab, but then decided it wasn't quite accurate.