Author Topic: It really is not politics  (Read 2002 times)

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
It really is not politics
« on: April 20, 2012, 07:04:06 AM »
Somewhere between parody and comedy.  Or like the train wreck you are unable to not gawk at as you go by.

http://dailycaller.com/2012/04/17/obama-bites-dog/

Why did I not know about this before now?

Why would I want to know about it now?  (Except that it is so much fun.)

stay safe
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Re: It really is not politics
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2012, 07:53:32 AM »
Dog is actually pretty good if it is prepared right.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2012, 09:42:18 AM »
Dog is actually pretty good if it is prepared right.

You know that, I know that, and quite a few folks who visited parts of SE Asia know that without knowing they were eating dog.

But that's not the point - which is "What sauce?"

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2012, 09:45:59 AM »
Will Big Media now defend fidophagy? Will they tell us it was OK, because it was a different culture and that makes it alright?  :lol:
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

grampster

• friend
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2012, 09:59:14 AM »
Nope.  They'll ignore it.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2012, 10:14:12 AM »
Will Big Media now defend fidophagy? Will they tell us it was OK, because it was a different culture and that makes it alright?  :lol:

As they by God should.

The answer should be: This is completely and totally irrelevant to the election, as was the Romney-dog scandal. We are all that much dumber for having considered it.

Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2012, 10:20:08 AM »
Nope.  They'll ignore it.

Probably. If need be, it can always be spun. Like so:

"Small-minded conservative provincials offend dog-eating cultures with their insensitive remarks."

Or,

"Fear-mongering Republicans spread rumors that Obama wants to eat our pets."

Or,

"We've seen horrible racism from this Tea Party movement before, but they're now saying that African-Americans eat dog. Shocking video when we return!"

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2012, 10:21:44 AM »
The answer should be: This is completely and totally irrelevant to the election, as was the Romney-dog scandal. We are all that much dumber for having considered it.

Yes, that's exactly why it's being brought up.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2012, 11:52:20 AM »
As they by God should.

I want those IQ points back NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad:
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2012, 09:48:51 PM »
Of course if it was a republican presidential candidate that had admitted to eating dog they would be getting obliterated in the mainstream media.

Other than that, I agree, it is a non-issue.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2012, 10:45:35 PM »
I want those IQ points back NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad:
Get ready for more.  Obama has nothing to run on.  Anything but the issues will be the order of the day.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge