Author Topic: Shoot it! Burn it! Nuke it from orbit! Do all three at the same time!  (Read 5249 times)

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Re: Shoot it! Burn it! Nuke it from orbit! Do all three at the same time!
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2012, 12:43:01 PM »
Awesome. I love those orb spiders.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2012, 01:26:22 PM »
And from vaskidmark's last link,

I got to : http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=W-y4aY051ZU#!

Argh! spiders are bad enough, but freaking centipedes? Argh! just saying the word sends shivers down my spine...Centipede Argh!
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
  • A more Elegant Monkey for a more civilized Forum.
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2012, 07:54:26 PM »
*expletive deleted*ck *expletive deleted*it *expletive deleted*ck. Evac planet. Bring in nukes and mass drivers. Repeat as needed
“We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”

Abraham Lincoln

With the first link the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2012, 08:26:34 PM »
You guys are so destructive....we have the technology to genetically engineer a virus to steilize all arachnids....

....and, with some minor tweaking, fistful too.....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2012, 08:32:37 PM »
You guys are so destructive....we have the technology to genetically engineer a virus to steilize all arachnids....

....and, with some minor tweaking, fistful too.....

There's a difference  ???      :lol:
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2012, 08:40:53 PM »
http://www.geekologie.com/2012/04/oh-you-know-just-a-giant-spider-eating-a.php

What in the name of all that is sacred and holy possessed you to put your hand ANYWHERE near that thing?!?!?!?!?
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2012, 10:43:32 PM »
There's a difference  ???      :lol:

Well, yeah. Scapegoats are in a totally different phylum.
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

never_retreat

• Head Muckety Muck
  • friend
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2012, 11:01:56 PM »
What in the name of all that is sacred and holy possessed you to put your hand ANYWHERE near that thing?!?!?!?!?
A spider eating a snake does not need a hand in the picture to show "scale".
Its freaking to big. I would use one of these.
I needed a mod to change my signature because the concept of "family friendly" eludes me.
Just noticed that a mod changed my signature. How long ago was that?
A few months-mods

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2012, 12:22:05 AM »
The time I can remember being half way bothered was seeing a giant preying mantis on one of those nature shows eating a humming bird.  They really shouldn't get that big.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2012, 12:23:14 AM »
Jerry Says:
April 20th, 2012 at 7:16 pm

I hear TWRA is planning to reintroduce a similar species locally, to help with feral pig overpopulation.
I don't know.  I think feral pigs are probably better than giant mammal eating spiders. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2012, 09:23:23 AM »
I prefer chemical warfare. At the lowest effect dose.

Let them suffer awhile.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2012, 12:30:18 PM »

So what are you going to when the pest insect population explodes?
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2012, 01:58:02 PM »

You shouldn't talk about fistful like that  :police:
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

seeker_two

• friend
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2012, 03:03:20 PM »

Oddly enough, I think we can engineer another virus to accomplish that....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

rcnixon

• friend
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2012, 05:01:08 PM »
Jeez, just leave the criiters alone.  Spiders, snakes and other phobia-inducing creatures have a solid, useful niche in the food chain.  Face up to you phobias and get over them.  You'll be a better person and your life will be easier.

Russ

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2012, 07:05:12 PM »
Jeez, just leave the criiters alone.  Spiders, snakes and other phobia-inducing creatures have a solid, useful niche in the food chain.  Face up to you phobias and get over them.  You'll be a better person and your life will be easier.

Russ

+1000
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

seeker_two

• friend
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2012, 11:05:46 PM »

Russ

Screw that.....I want exploding insects.....

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2012, 11:22:48 PM »

Russ

We have spiders and webs in our house, and once spent several hours freeing a bull snake that was hopelessly trapped.

Rattlesnakes, however, get shot on sight.

rcnixon

• friend
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2012, 08:25:02 PM »
At times we have an abundace of Agkistrodon Contortrix (Copperheads).  It seems that the squeamish in the neighborhood call me to solve their snake problems.  I ignore the "kill, kill" chants and pick them up on a shovel and re-patriate them to the woods.  I've only had to kill one in the last few years, with the all-purpose shovel, because to was young, lurking in a pile of shoes in the garage and there were pre-schoolers in the house.  It was dispatched quickly and disposed of in the woods, burying the head deeply since a dead pit viper is still dangerous for a while.

Russ