Author Topic: Trayvon speculation that does not suck  (Read 853 times)

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
Trayvon speculation that does not suck
« on: May 29, 2012, 10:13:41 AM »
http://volokh.com/2012/05/28/goerge-zimmerman-and-trayvon-martin-a-likely-scenario/

TalkLeft’s Jeralyn Merritt, a criminal defense attorney, has gone through the discovery and witness statements that have been released in the George Zimmerman trial and has produced what she thinks is the “most likely scenario”  http://www.talkleft.com/story/2012/5/27/44552/1872 of what happened between George Zimmerman and Trayvon Martin on that fateful night. Her conclusion, “Zimmerman should prevail on classic self-defense at trial regardless of stand your ground.”

The details are long and involved, as they should be.  Most of the comments (and boy are there a lot of comments!) are on topic.  (No that was not directed at anybody on this site.  Really it was not.)

Now to see if the trial will follow this scenario.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

SteveS

• The Voice of Reason
  • friends
Re: Trayvon speculation that does not suck
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2012, 06:34:37 PM »
Volokh is one of the better sites for legal analysis. I always thought that the prosecution would have a difficult time, but this article really shows how hard it will be. I am just hoping that, despite the media attention, we can avoid an 'OJ Simpson' style circus.
Profanity is the linguistic crutch of the inarticulate mother****er.

BridgeRunner

• friend
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2012, 08:20:34 PM »
(No that was not directed at anybody on this site.  Really it was not.)

You're just picking on me because I'm a minority. 

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2012, 10:24:40 PM »
You're just picking on me because I'm a minority. 

No....but it sure helps....

=D

Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Lee

• friend
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2012, 10:06:07 PM »
Retreat View Circle? Thats kind of ironic.