Author Topic: Not even for boobies  (Read 21096 times)

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
Re: Not even for boobies
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2012, 01:06:23 PM »
Wait a minute. You mean breasts can be used to feed babies?

I thought they were just for fun.

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2012, 01:29:26 PM »
Of course. Are you new to planet Earth? How do you pretend not to understand this?

If it helps you, though, I find male toplessness to be questionable, as well. Definitely something we should look into regulating.

You didn't answer the question.

Why is a bit of exposed breast for a woman feeding her kid obscene?
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

Tuco

• Fastest non-sequitur in the West.
  • friends
  • If you miss you had better miss very well
« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2012, 01:39:59 PM »
... there's a curious idea that it's OK for adults to look at the bare breasts of random strangers. The attitude that it's also OK for adults to have sex willy-nilly is part of the same cultural trend...

Does that explain it?

It explains the process used to make the logic jump.
Much information is missing, but I don't require it.
Thank you.

I disagree with the connection between feeding babies and wanton fornication, but haven't got the time to get into it right now.
Maybe tonight, if the thread isn't locked by then.

Carry on.
7-11 was a part time job.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2012, 01:47:29 PM »
I see another on the horizon;
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Jocassee

• Buster Scruggs Respecter
  • friends
  • "First time?"
« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2012, 02:17:28 PM »

What about cleavage...?  Do you think that we should look into that  ???   :angel:

PLEASE allow me to be on the committee in charge of looking into cleavage.
I shall not die alone, alone, but kin to all the powers,
As merry as the ancient sun and fighting like the flowers.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2012, 02:27:48 PM »
Okay, you are assigned as the liason to the AARP for individual judgements on cleavage legality. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
    • My Book
« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2012, 02:28:40 PM »
feeding babies in public will inevitably lead to Sodom and Gommorrah levels of fornication.
Fitz

---------------
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:

-MicroBalrog

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2012, 02:42:31 PM »
Oh noes, women using their bodies to preform basic biological functions that happen to involve a secondary sexual characteristic that's been put on some forbidden fruit pedestal by my own biases!

I'm offended!  Restrict their freedoms!  Regulate!

Freedom (Noun) 1: the quality or state of being free: as  A: the absence of necessity, coercion, or constraint in choice or action

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2012, 02:44:58 PM »
Yet another reason women shouldn't be in the military ;)
Or- this thread is useless without pics.
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/05/31/parental-pride-or-indecent-exposure-photos-military-women-breastfeeding-in/
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2012, 02:57:26 PM »
Oh noes, women using their bodies to preform basic biological functions that happen to involve a secondary sexual characteristic that's been put on some forbidden fruit pedestal by my own biases!

I'm offended!  Restrict their freedoms!  Regulate!

So what's your stance on public urination? (And I'm aware of the pun involved there.)
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #35 on: June 01, 2012, 03:03:54 PM »
So what's your stance on public urination? (And I'm aware of the pun involved there.)

You don't see a difference between waste elimination and breastfeeding?
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
    • My Book
« Reply #36 on: June 01, 2012, 03:05:46 PM »

For starters, eating vs disposing of waste.

2nd, A person capable of deciding to urinate in public is capable of making the decision not to, or to find a discreet location.

A baby doesn't know (or care about) any of these ridiculous taboos involving breasts, and they are hungry and helpless. When it's time to eat, it's time to eat.

Totally different than some dude pissing on a lamppost.
Fitz

---------------

-MicroBalrog

Tuco

• Fastest non-sequitur in the West.
  • friends
  • If you miss you had better miss very well
« Reply #37 on: June 01, 2012, 03:26:18 PM »

I like elephants.
7-11 was a part time job.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #38 on: June 01, 2012, 03:31:02 PM »

we'll put an additive in your food before we do that     you won't like it
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #39 on: June 01, 2012, 03:54:20 PM »
we'll put an additive in your food before we do that     you won't like it

He might not like it, but there will be those who will go out of their way to collect his pee so they can make gunpowder.  :-X

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

SteveS

• The Voice of Reason
  • friends
« Reply #40 on: June 01, 2012, 04:08:08 PM »

Reminds me of the time one of my friends was discretely breastfeeding her baby and some busybody suggested she "go do that in the bathroom."  She asked him if he typically ate his meals in the bathroom.

Chalk me up as one of those people who doesn't see the big deal about breastfeeding in public.  I have yet to see someone that was not discrete, so I really don't understand why this is such a big deal.
Profanity is the linguistic crutch of the inarticulate mother****er.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #41 on: June 01, 2012, 04:40:36 PM »
I disagree with the connection between feeding babies and wanton fornication

I didn't know there was one. I'm pretty sure you know it's the bared breast I was talking about, rather than the breast-feeding itself.

I trust you do see the connection between the sophisticateder-than-thou (stt) talking point, "Oh, sex between consenting adults is no big deal," and the stt talking point that goes, "Why do the rubes get so worked up? It's just a breast. It's just a breast." (I hate to bring up the Janet Jackson Super Bowl appearance again, but it's just such a classic example.) Both are attitudes which dismiss traditional mores as unreasonable, without providing any reason against them.

Reminds me of the time one of my friends was discretely breastfeeding her baby and some busybody suggested she "go do that in the bathroom."  She asked him if he typically ate his meals in the bathroom.

Chalk me up as one of those people who doesn't see the big deal about breastfeeding in public.  I have yet to see someone that was not discrete, so I really don't understand why this is such a big deal.

I also think that businesses can accommodate breast-feeding without offending other customers. Or even offending other customers and just accepting the loss of business. But then, I'm also crazy enough to think that people could successfully argue for such accommodation without pretending that they have a right to whip them out, regardless of others' ideas on the matter.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #42 on: June 01, 2012, 04:48:30 PM »
Spain=billboard size ad for lotion, fully topless lass. No one died. I did however really want to moisturize. We are way too prudish in this country. You wanna outlaw something indecent? Put a max size limit on spandex and speedos. Leave mom alone.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #43 on: June 01, 2012, 04:52:34 PM »
I find this whole arguement hystarical as my friend who recently had a baby had some issues breast feeding in "public". The problem was not people being offended, but people walking up and staring into her vehical while she was trying to descreatly feed her child.  :facepalm:

Luckly, my friend had pretty much lost her modesty after the whole childbirth thing, and still hadn't regained it, so she just didn't care, other then to point out how stupid and obnoxious people could be.

I think the line is, is she feeding her kid or is she using the feeding of kid to expose herself? And since that is impossible to regulate, we need to just forget about that and move on.
Feeding babies trumps public exposure.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #44 on: June 01, 2012, 04:56:40 PM »
If you're offended by a mom breastfeeding, that's a little thing we like to call "Your Own Damn Problem."

I also point out that traditional social mores have no issue with breastfeeding.

I'll also also point out that I used to wonder about truth of the accounts of hysterical idiots in Victorian England who insisted on putting coverings on their table's legs lest any be offended/tempted by the sight of a wooden stand in for that bit of anatomy. Then I met fistful...

If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #45 on: June 01, 2012, 05:47:50 PM »

I do. However Nick's cry for  FFREEEEDOMMMM!!!!!! only spoke of biological functions. Both are natural functions with a secondary sexual purpose. If you have a problem with the exposure of one, why not the other?

As for babies having to have their food NOW, Fitz, you know very well you can gauge when a child is likely to get hungry and no child will be harmed by waiting five minutes to get fed when he is hungry.

I also will state I have no problems with discreet breastfeeding. In case people aren't aware, there are even wonderful, light covers that allow a woman to breastfeed with very little chance of exposing herself, even while sitting on a park bench in the sunshine.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #46 on: June 01, 2012, 06:04:00 PM »
Of all of the issues one could discuss and start to engage in personal attacks, breast feeding isn't one that would, for me, come to mind. Nonetheless, it seems like some of you are managing to pull it off. So please knock it off.

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #47 on: June 01, 2012, 06:11:45 PM »
Mak: and you wish to empower the Modesty Police to make sure she's wearing her burka and hijab determine when a woman is being discrete enough? Also, where is this "five minute" time frame you speak of coming from, and is the problem of a baby not being able to eat when it is hungry somehow less than the potential discomfort one might experience at the horrific sight of a woman feeding her child? You are also aware that 1. some babies won't feed under a cover 2. they can become dangerously warm depending on ambient temp 3. babies loooove to grab and remove those things.

It's funny, in the "traditional mores" some here are so enamored of, in a situation where a lecherous man was staring at a woman breastfeeding it would be the man who was in trouble. Odd, that.

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #48 on: June 01, 2012, 06:14:39 PM »

Penis' aren't secondary sexual characteristics. [1]  We're not talking about women exposing their vagina's to the public, we're talking about breasts.  So, an male equivalent would be something as scandalous as a man exposing his Adams apple in public.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #49 on: June 01, 2012, 07:52:17 PM »
Penis' aren't secondary sexual characteristics. [1]  We're not talking about women exposing their vagina's to the public, we're talking about breasts.  So, an male equivalent would be something as scandalous as a man exposing his Adams apple in public.

I wasn't aware Adam's apples had a secondary sexual function.

You could compare it to a man baring his butt in public. What's the law on that?

And as for the "modesty police" I'd like similar considerations to inadvertent exposure of concealed firearms to apply to inadvertent exposure while breastfeeding.

Also, babies that can pull a cover off are babies that can wait a few minutes. And I seriously doubt being under the cover of my wife's nursing cover holds any danger of overheating.

As for the man being in trouble for lecherously staring at any woman, I'm opposed to criminalizing thought. I do support social disapprobation for that, though.