Author Topic: Not even for boobies  (Read 21102 times)

RaspberrySurprise

• friend
  • Yub yub Commander
Re: Not even for boobies
« Reply #50 on: June 01, 2012, 08:07:38 PM »
I didnt think a thread about breastfeeding could make my brain hurt so much... I was so so very wrong.

If you don't like seeing someone breast feed in public the easiest thing to do is to not look.

Why we as a society decided to demonize the form of the naked human body I'll never understand.
Look, tiny text!

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #51 on: June 02, 2012, 01:14:43 PM »
At what point of the chest is it considered to be exposing there breasts? We could resolve this whole issue by simply requiring all women to wear a burqa.
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

Tuco

• Fastest non-sequitur in the West.
  • friends
  • If you miss you had better miss very well
« Reply #52 on: June 02, 2012, 01:30:33 PM »
I just left Panera with my two daughters.  Saw a lady across the room in a booth covered by a blanket/shawl talking with her dining partner.  It has been chilly.

A bit later I looked around and noticed the same woman with a sleeping child on her chest.

I'm wondering if the people adamant against public breastfeeding are shooting at the wrong target.

And maybe, just maybe,there is a parallel between the wanton exposure of lactating breasts and the recent increase in the popularity of open carry of sidearms.

Yes,  I am suggesting that strapping on a Desert Eagle for a trip to Starbucks because "It's my right.  Get over it."  is a lot like mom saying "Yea, it's a tit.  I'm feeding my kid. Get over it"
7-11 was a part time job.

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #53 on: June 02, 2012, 04:54:25 PM »
Yes,  I am suggesting that strapping on a Desert Eagle for a trip to Starbucks because "It's my right.  Get over it."  is a lot like mom saying "Yea, it's a tit.  I'm feeding my kid. Get over it"

Both people exercising there rights stolen from ignorant people.
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

Ex-MA Hole

• friend
    • The Brown Bomber
« Reply #54 on: June 02, 2012, 07:03:04 PM »
I'm floored by some of the responses in this thread.  WTF?  It's a boob.  Oh noez!!!
One day at a time.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #55 on: June 02, 2012, 07:09:21 PM »
I'm floored by some of the responses in this thread.  WTF?  It's a boob.  Oh noez!!!

It's because boobs are awesome, and some people just can't handle that much awesome.  ;)
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #56 on: June 02, 2012, 07:15:52 PM »
It's because boobs are awesome,

Why yes, they most certainly are.   ;)

bob

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #57 on: June 02, 2012, 07:21:10 PM »
It is a bit weird that, on a board where the denizens are vehemently in support of the basic human right of self defense, folks would be against something as basic and innocent as breastfeeding.
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #58 on: June 02, 2012, 07:26:21 PM »
It's because boobs are awesome, and some people just can't handle that much awesome.  ;)
I've always been a big fan.  ;)
Avoid cliches like the plague!

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #59 on: June 02, 2012, 09:17:27 PM »
I've always been a big fan.  ;)

Me Too Me Too. >:D
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Lee

• friend
« Reply #60 on: June 02, 2012, 10:04:53 PM »
Penis' aren't secondary sexual characteristics. [1]  We're not talking about women exposing their vagina's to the public, we're talking about breasts.  So, an male equivalent would be something as scandalous as a man exposing his Adams apple in public.

Ummm...you ever notice those nipplily things on your chest when you have no shirt on?  I'd say the male equivalent is smaller breasts (usually smaller I should add).

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #61 on: June 02, 2012, 10:05:37 PM »
This thread is STILL worthless without pics.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

SteveS

• The Voice of Reason
  • friends
« Reply #62 on: June 02, 2012, 10:10:02 PM »

If you look, the net is full of pictures of boobies...some more awesome than others.
Profanity is the linguistic crutch of the inarticulate mother****er.

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #63 on: June 02, 2012, 11:05:21 PM »

Here ya go.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #64 on: June 03, 2012, 12:24:56 AM »
That'll work. =D
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #65 on: June 03, 2012, 12:35:56 AM »
Exactly. I very much doubt most of America is "sex-paranoid". We are "government paranoid."

And what about said meddling neighbors/cops?
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #66 on: June 03, 2012, 12:36:54 AM »

I don't get that, either. The whole idea that casual sex and indiscriminate nudity is bad for children, but OK for grown-ups. So Miley Cyrus has to be all sweet and virginal until she gets to be about 18 or 20 or so, and then it is perfectly honorable and good for her to dress or behave scandalously.

In about the same way that we believe driving cars is okay for 24-year-olds but not for 4-year-olds. Such inconsistency.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #67 on: June 03, 2012, 06:40:54 AM »
Avoid cliches like the plague!

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #68 on: June 03, 2012, 08:32:05 AM »
I suspect somewhat over 99% of the women who breast feed outside of the home aren't really interested in flashing the public.

The in your face activists and dolts who don't use discretion are the ones causing the (over)reaction.

What a surprise, the narcissistic and self indulgent being flamboyant are causing problems for those who just want to feed their child.

Over the years in all the times I happened to notice a breastfeeding mother in public I never saw any boobage. Probably because I didn't gawk or stare and the mother was using some discretion. That's how civil society works, I don't stare or gawk and she doesn't leave herself exposed to the restaurant patrons. It is called deference.

Is the point feeding the child or using feeding time as an excuse to try and change the cultures mores about exposed breasts?

I suspect this event is in part motivated by shoring up the "war on women" narrative. 

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
« Reply #69 on: June 03, 2012, 09:53:32 AM »
Ron, thanks for making what I was trying to say earlier clearer.  I have absolutely no problem whatsoever with breastfeeding in public.  Even if they don't use a cover up of some kind, I've seen women be discrete about it.   It's the "whip the breast out and keep it out for 5 minutes before actually starting to feed your kid" types that bother me. 
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #70 on: June 03, 2012, 01:34:50 PM »
I suspect somewhat over 99% of the women who breast feed outside of the home aren't really interested in flashing the public.

The in your face activists and dolts who don't use discretion are the ones causing the (over)reaction.

What a surprise, the narcissistic and self indulgent being flamboyant are causing problems for those who just want to feed their child.

If it is as low as only 1% who are flashing them out who are causing an over reaction it sounds like there are a lot of busybodies who need to find something better to do. Has there been some outbreak of women feeding there children? I've not only not ever seen someone expose themselves while breastfeeding, I've simply never seen a woman breastfeed.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #71 on: June 03, 2012, 02:12:44 PM »
If it is as low as only 1% who are flashing them out who are causing an over reaction it sounds like there are a lot of busybodies who need to find something better to do. Has there been some outbreak of women feeding there children? I've not only not ever seen someone expose themselves while breastfeeding, I've simply never seen a woman breastfeed.

Uh, you realize it's the 1%-ers that are holding a rally, right? It seems the "busybodies" are not as busy as you suppose.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #72 on: June 03, 2012, 02:14:32 PM »
It's because boobs are awesome, and some people just can't handle that much awesome.  ;)

That would be much closer to my own opinions on the subject than this talk of "demonizing the body." Apparently some people, when told not to stare directly at the sun, take this as a declaration that the sun must not be looked upon because it is evil.

Come to think of it, I can't recall anyone saying that boobies are demons. Does anyone know who Raspberry Surprise was talking about?
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 02:22:47 PM by fistful »

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #73 on: June 03, 2012, 02:23:26 PM »
It is a bit weird that, on a board where the denizens are vehemently in support of the basic human right of self defense, folks would be against something as basic and innocent as breastfeeding.

People on this board are opposed to breastfeeding? Who?

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #74 on: June 03, 2012, 02:28:03 PM »

You probably have, you just didn't know it, or really notice. Between a shall, blanket, or whatnot, the womens shirt hitched up or pushed to the side and nursing bra, and you add in a baby, there really isn't much to see. I've seen several women nurse and I still don't think i've ever seen nipple. You generally see more boobage from women in low cut shirts and push up bras then nursing moms.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds