Author Topic: Not even for boobies  (Read 21099 times)

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
Re: Not even for boobies
« Reply #75 on: June 03, 2012, 02:35:17 PM »

That would be much closer to my own opinions on the subject than this talk of "demonizing the body." Apparently some people, when told not to stare directly at the sun, take this as a declaration that the sun must not be looked upon because it is evil.

Come to think of it, I can't recall anyone saying that boobies are demons. Does anyone know who Raspberry Surprise was talking about?

I don't think anyone accused you of hating on boobs, fistful. As a hetrosexual male, it's pretty much gareenteed that you love boobies.  ;/

However, as a grown man, you and all the other men out there who love the boobies to the point you can't take the occasional flash of boob from a nursing mom without breaking into a sweat of lustfulness, you need to work on control.  ;)

(and yes, to be clear fistful, i'm just teasing you  :lol: )
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #76 on: June 03, 2012, 03:37:16 PM »
However, as a grown man, you and all the other men out there who love the boobies to the point you can't take the occasional flash of boob from a nursing mom without breaking into a sweat of lustfulness, you need to work on control.

I don't lose control. I just slip in and elbow the kid out of the way. ;)

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #77 on: June 03, 2012, 10:47:29 PM »
Have to agree with the folks that say that public breastfeeding is (or should be) a non-issue.  I know a lot of breastfeeding moms (my wife included) and they are all very discreet, although I do tend to avert my eyes for ladies other than my wife.  If a breastfeeding mom fails to cover themselves sufficiently to meet your expectations, it's probably better to just look the other way and move on with your life. 

Breastfeeding involves some spectacular equipment but isn't at all prurient.

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #78 on: June 04, 2012, 08:23:40 AM »
it's probably better to just look the other way and move on with your life. 
And therein lies the problem. Some people just can not do that.  ;/
Avoid cliches like the plague!

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #79 on: June 04, 2012, 10:08:40 AM »
This is what happens when we start our discussion with an article that provides almost no information. It says that some women will protest being "harassed," but with no attempt to explain what is meant by harassment. If we google up their web page, we still get very little explanation, but they are demanding to be allowed to breastfeed anywhere they are legally permitted to be.

http://www.breastfeedingmothersunite.com/2.html

We might pause here to point out that motherhood doesn't grant a right to trespass on others' property any more than carrying a gun does. But that would only draw the ire of the many gun owners who don't understand how rights work.

So, instead, we'll just note that this conversation will continue to be pointless and silly, until we know what "harassment" is supposed to mean. Are these Rosie O'Donnell wannabes claiming the right to expose themselves, or merely to breastfeed discreetly? Or do they demand private rooms in every "public accommodation"?

Until then, I guess it makes just as much sense to accuse makattak of being anti-breastfeeding, or to say that fistful is waging a war on table-legs. Whatever.

FTR, I have no problem with women breastfeeding in public. But I also don't think mothers get to break laws against public nudity which the rest of us are obliged to obey.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #80 on: June 04, 2012, 10:21:16 AM »
This is what happens when we start our discussion with an article that provides almost no information. It says that some women will protest being "harassed," but with no attempt to explain what is meant by harassment. If we google up their web page, we still get very little explanation, but they are demanding to be allowed to breastfeed anywhere they are legally permitted to be.

http://www.breastfeedingmothersunite.com/2.html

We might pause here to point out that motherhood doesn't grant a right to trespass on others' property any more than carrying a gun does. But that would only draw the ire of the many gun owners who don't understand how rights work.

But above, you JUST said that they are demanding to be allowed to breastfeed "anywhere they are legally permitted to be"

If they're legally permitted to be somewhere, they aren't trespassing, are they?
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #81 on: June 04, 2012, 11:01:42 AM »
I said trespassing, because it is more convenient than saying that they are on someone else's property, doing things they owner doesn't want them to do, and for which he/she should have the right to eject them.

If there's a better word for violating someone's property rights, let me know.

Thanks.

280plus

• friend
« Reply #82 on: June 04, 2012, 12:03:12 PM »
"squatting"  ;)

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #83 on: June 04, 2012, 01:54:14 PM »
I'm just not sure how one could phrase a law that had a middle ground without screwing over someone, since no matter how discreate you are about it, you still risk flashing the world since when it comes to the choice of maintaining cover and dropping the baby, no one in their right mind would drop the baby. As I said, there is always going to be exibitionists, and in order to stop them, you end up messing with everyone else's need to breastfeed.

Does this have anything to do with the USAF moms who where photographed nursing in uniform? Because that is, IMHO a ligit "you're in trouble now." thing. Using a military uniform for some purpose/cause without permission has been bad mojo forever.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #84 on: June 04, 2012, 01:55:44 PM »
I don't lose control. I just slip in and elbow the kid out of the way. ;)

That's just wrong  :lol:

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #85 on: June 04, 2012, 02:11:02 PM »
I'm just not sure how one could phrase a law that had a middle ground without screwing over someone, since no matter how discreate you are about it, you still risk flashing the world since when it comes to the choice of maintaining cover and dropping the baby, no one in their right mind would drop the baby. As I said, there is always going to be exibitionists, and in order to stop them, you end up messing with everyone else's need to breastfeed.

Are you talking about someone who's trying to cover up, but they have a momentary, accidental slip? I don't see how that would be a problem, any more than for someone whose pants split or fall down. That would be like getting a ticket for a broken tail light, after getting rear-ended.

Regardless, has anyone proposed some new law against exhibitionist breast feeders? I thought that was already covered by existing laws. It's the Million Moms asking for federal - federal! - laws to be passed.

Tuco

• Fastest non-sequitur in the West.
  • friends
  • If you miss you had better miss very well
« Reply #86 on: June 04, 2012, 02:16:53 PM »
exhibitionist breast feeders?

Never seen one, and I spend A LOT of time around mothers with young children.
Please show that this is a legitimate problem....wait wait wait...
(shakes head violently enough to make ears audibly slap against head)
are you saying it's NOT a problem and the million marching moms are waisting time trying to make an issue where there isn't one?
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 04:46:13 PM by Tuco »
7-11 was a part time job.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #87 on: June 04, 2012, 02:18:54 PM »

Are you talking about someone who's trying to cover up, but they have a momentary, accidental slip? I don't see how that would be a problem, any more than for someone whose pants split or fall down. That would be like getting a ticket for a broken tail light, after getting rear-ended.

Regardless, has anyone proposed some new law against exhibitionist breast feeders? I thought that was already covered by existing laws. It's the Million Moms asking for federal - federal! - laws to be passed.

I don't know, but it would be a purpose for a group like this.

Fistful, as to the purpose and goals of this group, i'm just as confused as you.

And yes, i'm refering to accidental slip, and as it wouldn't be as obvious as getting rear ended, I would consider it a ligit reason to not pass any laws against or to hide breastfeeding.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #88 on: June 04, 2012, 02:19:32 PM »
Never seen one, and I spend ALOT of time around mothers with young children.
are you saying it's NOT a problem and the million marching moms are waisting time trying to make an issue where there isn't one?

Yeah, pretty much.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #89 on: June 04, 2012, 02:56:09 PM »

I don't know, but it would be a purpose for a group like this.

Fistful, as to the purpose and goals of this group, i'm just as confused as you.

And yes, i'm refering to accidental slip, and as it wouldn't be as obvious as getting rear ended, I would consider it a ligit reason to not pass any laws against or to hide breastfeeding.

I think we all may be arguing in agreement.

I don't think there is currently any problem that the laws need to address. I think all the rest of you are in the same boat. We're just arguing against changing the current laws to be more lax just as you all are arguing against the current laws being more strict.

So, hey, we all agree!
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

280plus

• friend
« Reply #90 on: June 04, 2012, 02:59:41 PM »
Ah, another non issue to make a fuss over. I recall way back in 1971 the fairly hot lady nursing her baby quite out in the open but still discretely at the apt complex pool. The biggest debate I heard was whether she might offer both chocolate and vanilla. Teenage boys will discuss such things. Thankfully we grow up and never ponder those things again.  :angel:

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #91 on: June 04, 2012, 03:05:52 PM »
Never seen one, and I spend ALOT of time around mothers with young children.

They say they're being harassed, but what do they mean by that? I guess they might have some testimonials on their web site. I haven't had a chance to look, yet.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #92 on: June 04, 2012, 04:20:19 PM »
This:

Does this have anything to do with the USAF moms who where photographed nursing in uniform? Because that is, IMHO a ligit "you're in trouble now." thing. Using a military uniform for some purpose/cause without permission has been bad mojo forever.

And this:

I suspect this event is in part motivated by shoring up the "war on women" narrative. 

Topic over.  Shall I close it now?
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #93 on: June 04, 2012, 04:41:47 PM »

Considering I started the whole thing as a statement about not being willing to intentionally venture into DC for any reason, including the marching of boobies.  The intent was to take a swipe at the plethora of draconian and offensive laws that have been enacted in the capital of the (supposedly) Free World.  That apparently fell flat.  But I must say that the ensuing discussionhas certainly ben entertaining.

Let us bid a fond farewell to the Two Million Boobies.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #94 on: June 04, 2012, 05:25:10 PM »
Four pages and no pics?.....APS disappoints....  :'(
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #95 on: June 04, 2012, 05:44:26 PM »
They say they're being harassed, but what do they mean by that? I guess they might have some testimonials on their web site. I haven't had a chance to look, yet.

TwinPineA was basically kicked out of church for breastfeeding our grand-daughter  =(

Which - feeling about churches as I do - may have been A Good Thing  :P
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #96 on: June 04, 2012, 06:13:08 PM »
This:

And this:

Why? It's not like anyone is angry or fighting. We had a reasonable discussion about a potentially sensitive subject, and we all ended up agreeing.
Hell, I think we should sticky this as an example that it CAN happen!  :laugh:

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #97 on: June 04, 2012, 06:14:22 PM »
Why? It's not like anyone is angry or fighting. We had a reasonable discussion about a potentially sensitive subject, and we all ended up agreeing.
Hell, I think we should sticky this as an example that it CAN happen!  :laugh:

THIS IS PRECISELY WHY WOMEN DONT BELONG IN THE MILITARY

[popcorn]
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #98 on: June 04, 2012, 08:48:35 PM »

Not until at least one side gets a chance to say, "It's for the children!" But which side will say it first?

In about the same way that we believe driving cars is okay for 24-year-olds but not for 4-year-olds. Such inconsistency.

I was talking more like 15-year-olds versus 20-year-olds, and I was talking about something that doesn't seem like a wise idea at any age.