Author Topic: Frustrating day  (Read 955 times)

garyk/nm

• friend
  • shovelbum
Frustrating day
« on: August 24, 2005, 03:53:24 PM »
Please forgive me, I need to rant a little.
We're buying a house. Supposed to close tomorrow and move on Saturday.  Well, we were supposed to close last week and move last Saturday, but the mortgage company can't seem to figure out what they want, document wise, so we got bumped.
Today is my day off, so I decided to get a few things done. Went to U-haul to reserve a truck for Saturday. As I am walking back to my car afterward, I get a call from our "helpful" real estate agent, informing me that we have been bumped again!  Closing now set for next Tuesday!
Understand that I work retail, and Saturdays off are somewhat rare. I have used up all of my goodwill at work to get the last 2 Saturdays off, and all for nought.
Next up on the day's agenda was a range trip. YAY!
Not.
 As I was heading from U-haul to the range, SWMBO calls and in a panic, informs me that her fax machine is not working. Must get faxes! I turn around, head for the barn. Arrive to find that one of the kitties has knocked the power cord loose. Problem solved, off to the range! YAY!
Not.
Half way to the range, notice funny, familiar smell coming from car. Why does my car smell like hot coolant? Upper radiator hose decided that today was a good day to die.
Walked to auto parts store, bought hose and coolant, walked back and made repairs.
Time check: 3PM.
Willy makit? Betty Wont!
Well, you gotta try!
Finally got to the range and had the whole place to my self. Blew up 500 rounds of 9mm, another 500 of 38+p, and about 1000 of .22.  Nothing was safe. Targets, target stands, range litter, cactus; you name it, it got blasted.

Felt MUCH better afterward, thank you!

Thanks for listening, now back to our regularly scheduled programming Smiley

The Rabbi

• friend
  • "Ahh, Jeez. Not this sh*t again!"
Frustrating day
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2005, 04:37:50 PM »
About that same time my older brother, a hospice doctor in Lexington KY, was treating a 52 year old man with advanced kidney cancer.  He had had it for about 9 months and was at home more or less comfortable.  His three kids,oldest about 16, were naturally upset since Dad was going to live for maybe another 2-3 weeks.
Yeah, life gets frustrating sometimes but I always think that as long as I have enough money and good health and my good family nothing is going to be that bad.
Fight state-sponsored Islamic terrorism: Bomb France now!

Vote Libertarian: It Not Like It Matters Anyway.