Author Topic: Katrina  (Read 1922 times)

Nathaniel Firethorn

• friend
  • Extra Thorny
Katrina
« on: August 25, 2005, 05:28:06 AM »
Anyone else here in the impact zone?

- NF
Give up no state. Give up no ground.

http://www.njcsd.org

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
Katrina
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2005, 05:44:27 AM »
No, but having lived through a few myself, I feel for ya.  Looks like she's not too bad, though.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

TarpleyG

• friend
Katrina
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2005, 09:13:56 AM »
I am directly in the path.  Should be just a bunch of rain but we put the awnings down just in case and got gas for the genny.  We have plenty of food and water on hand too.  Now, to get to the beer and sit in the garage with my neighbor and watch the storm.

Greg

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
Katrina
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2005, 10:17:44 AM »
Stupid question, but I'll ask anyways...
Did you fill up your vehicles?  Make sure they have full tanks.  You're certainly going to see some power outages, limiting where you can fill up.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Nathaniel Firethorn

• friend
  • Extra Thorny
Katrina
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2005, 02:22:11 PM »
Flew out about 3 hours before they shut the Ft. Lauderdale airport down. Back again Monday.

Good luck to everyone who remains!

- NF

Nathaniel Firethorn

• friend
  • Extra Thorny
Katrina
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2005, 03:36:18 AM »
Greg, are you OK? What's the situation there?

Saw the news this AM and it looks like it went between FLL and Miami - and is now taking a run at Pensacola...

- NF

TarpleyG

• friend
Katrina
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2005, 05:21:40 AM »
Ft. Lauderdale is fine.  Sweetwater, et al are underwater as usual.  Hell, all it has to do is sprinkle over Sweetwater and they flood.  The Keys are getting hammered right now.  I think the Bay area got hit pretty good too from the looks of the after reports.  No one south of county line was prepared for this thing as all predictions had it coming straight down 595.  Guess they forgot about the 'cone' again.  Some power is out.  Looking down the end of my street, I see the idiots blowing the stoplight at my street and University and then have the gall to honk at anyone who stops.  It's a wonder we have survived this long as a species.

Greg

publius

• friend
Katrina
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2005, 02:34:50 AM »
Speaking of under water, things are looking extremely bad for Nawlins about now. The phrase "vertical evacuation" comes to mind... YIKES!

Art Eatman

• friend
Katrina
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2005, 06:59:06 AM »
Looking more and more like another Camille.  Winds of 175 mph, with gusts to 210.
The American Indians learned what happens when you don't control immigration.

Schuey2002

• friend
Katrina
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2005, 08:00:02 AM »
Wow! She's now a category 5+ hurricane!!

May God be with all that are in her path. As well as those folks that have to ride this one out. Sad

thorn

• friend
Katrina
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2005, 09:56:11 AM »
we got some groups praying for you guys >>> kinda interesting, lady decided we should pray for less damage rather than a change of path- so we dont try to send it to somewhere else!