Main Forums > The Roundtable

Ah. The pot calling the kettle black.

(1/3) > >>

molonlabe:
D.A. calls Blake jury incredibly stupid
Cooley says actor guilty as sin, miserable human being

The Associated Press
Updated: 10:56 a.m. ET March 24, 2005

LOS ANGELES - District Attorney Steve Cooley says Robert Blake was guilty as sin and the jurors who acquitted him of murder were incredibly stupid.

A jury last week found the former Baretta star not guilty in the 2001 slaying of his wife, Bonny Lee Bakley, who was shot in a car outside a restaurant where the couple had dined.

Quite frankly, based on my review of the evidence, he is as guilty as sin. He is a miserable human being, Cooley said Wednesday.

Blakes attorney, M. Gerald Schwartzbach, said the district attorneys attack on the jurors was inappropriate and small-minded.

Juror Chuck Safko said: To hear him say we arent a smart jury is sour grapes. They didnt have a good case. Their case was built around witnesses who werent truthful.

© 2005 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
URL: http://msnbc.msn.com/id/7284990/

Jason:
Why is it that after a person is aquitted of a crime, a DA can run around slandering them?  If I were Blake, I'd sue.

mtnbkr:
That's what I was thinking Atc.  Sounds like slander to me.  Not only for Blake, but for the Jurors as well.  

Chris

Jason:
By the way, I've finally gotten a Mountain bike, Jamis Dakar Sport, upgrading the rear shock though.  Now it just needs to dry out so I can ride!

mtnbkr:
Cool.  I need to get out on mine this year.  We recently got a Burley to drag my daughter around in, so maybe it'll happen.

Chris

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version