Author Topic: Chupacabra Caught  (Read 1418 times)

LadySmith

• friends
  • Veni, Vidi, Jactavi Calceos
Chupacabra Caught
« on: August 02, 2007, 11:37:07 PM »
Im calling BS, but heres the story&

http://www.fox11az.com/news/topstories/stories/KMSB-20070731-khoubp-chupacabra.ccf36b8f.html

Chupacabra caught in South Texas? 
01:21 PM MST on Tuesday, July 31, 2007
From KENS - TV
A rancher from the South Texas town of Cuero is telling a chupacabra tale and she say she has the evidence in her freezer.
Phylis Canion says the animal had been lurking around her ranch for years.
She said it first snatched cats, then chickens right through a wire cage. (It) opened it reached in pulled the chicken head out, sucked all the blood out, left the chicken in the cage.
Canion says two dozen chickens were sucked dry.
The meat, she says, was left on the bone.
Neighbors speculate the blue-colored animal that was doing all that damage was a chupacabra.
The name is translated from Spanish and means goat-sucker because the creature sucks the blood of livestock.
Canion says not one, but three chupacabras were spotted outside the town in recent days.
All of them, she says, were blue-skinned, had no hair and had strange teeth.
Although Canion and her neighbors feel she captured a chupacabra, others like State Mammalogist John Young says she captured a grey fox. When mange goes untreated it causes this type of reaction. they start to itch, lose all their hair, blue grey coloration. and the animal usually dies from it.
But it wasnt mange, but a car that killed the creature that Canion captured. There have been so many stories for so long. The chupacabra is a mythical thing and maybe it is, but this is something&a cross between something. What? I dont know, Id love to find out.
So, KENS-TV took samples of the creature and sent it off for DNA testing.
Those results are due.
Meanwhile, the creatures head, which is in Canions freezer, will go on her homes wall. This one hands down will draw the most attention. Because theyre gonna say you got zebras, you got this, you got that, what is this thing here? Thats what we call the South Texas taz devil.
I heard Phylis Canion on the radio tonight, and she claimed the creature had absolutely no teeth except for a pair of upper and lower fangs in the front of its mouth. Im seeing numerous teeth in the photo of its head. To me, the creature looks like a skinned canine (and thank you very much Charby for making me aware of what those look like.  shocked) What say you all?
Rogue AI searching for amusement and/or Ellie Mae imitator searching for critters.
"What doesn't kill me makes me stronger...and it also makes me a cat-lover" - The Viking
According to Ben, I'm an inconvenient anomaly (and proud of it!).

illinoisdeerhunter

Re: Chupacabra Caught
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2007, 02:03:29 AM »
I'm a little sceptical but...the Okapi was a legendary creature until it was verified in the late 1890's.  Therefore, who am I to question?

http://diglib1.amnh.org/articles/okapi/okapi1.html

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2007, 03:29:32 AM »
Fox.  I actually almost hit a manged out red fox the other day.  But I've seen dead foxes that look like this before.  I'd bet a six pack of one's favorite brew on it.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2007, 05:16:35 AM »
yip. we have had a couple of manged out foxes in MD that have looked like that

http://www.acurse.com/hunt_mbeasts.html

but maybe they are zombie foxes on the quest for Brrraaaaaaaaiiins!
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

nico

• friend
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2007, 05:47:37 AM »
I'm a little sceptical but...the Okapi was a legendary creature until it was verified in the late 1890's.  Therefore, who am I to question?

I saw those at the San Diego Animal Park earlier this summer, and pictures don't do justice to how strange looking they are. 

As for the OP: that's a fox.

Mabs2

• friend
  • セクシー
    • iCarly
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2007, 08:29:19 AM »
Looks very similar to a small breed of mutated/diseased dogs I saw a while back...
I have a pic somewhere...
Quote from: jamisjockey
Sunday it felt a little better, but it was quite irritated from me rubbing it.
Quote from: Mike Irwin
If you watch any of the really early episodes of the Porter Waggoner show she was in (1967) it's very clear that he was well endowed.
Quote from: Ben
Just wanted to give a forum thumbs up to Dick.

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2007, 08:30:36 AM »
Looks an awful lot like a juvenile coyote with an extreme case of mange.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Art Eatman

• friend
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2007, 10:34:29 AM »
ROFLMAO.

Some city folks really oughta stay in town and not be where country critters roam.

Fox?  Coyote?  DeWitt County has plenty of both.

Wild hogs, too, for that matter.  But more copperheads than rattlesnakes.

And fire ants and ticks.  Lotsa ticks.

And some really dumb people.

Cheesy:D:D

Art
The American Indians learned what happens when you don't control immigration.

Strings

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2007, 10:42:09 AM »
Looks almost exactly like the last "chupacabra" someone supposedly shot in Texas... which turned out to be nothing but a fox with mange...

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2007, 04:42:53 PM »
Looks like someone went to the market and picked up a smoked dog...  laugh
Avoid cliches like the plague!

Stand_watie

• friend
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2007, 06:37:16 PM »
I realize I'm preaching to the choir here... but one more vote from somebody who's seen up close many living, and way too many, dead (thankfully my experience with the dead variety has been only dogs and coyotes) dogs, coyotes, foxes and wolves.. that it's a (not even particularly exotic) member of the canine family. A Dog, a Fox, a Coyote, a Wolf, sure.. the teeth look very much like..well, like dog teeth.
Yizkor. Lo Od Pa'am

"You can have my gun when you pry it from my cold dead fingers"

"Never again"

"Malone Labe"

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2007, 04:32:42 PM »
you ever notice how all these blood suckers have a mouth that is pretty damn well incapable of sucking period, let alone another creature dry?
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

crt360

• friend
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2007, 02:15:56 PM »
These are just decoys created by the real chupacabras (from outer space).  The aliens suck the blood out of a few goats, chickens or whatever, then use their eye lasers to vaporize the hair off of some hapless nearby pooch, who later gets shot or run over and paraded around as a chupacabra.  No one has ever seen a real chupacabra . . . and lived to tell about it. laugh
For entertainment purposes only.

LadySmith

• friends
  • Veni, Vidi, Jactavi Calceos
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2007, 02:33:21 AM »
The Texas Chupacabra has been confirmed as being a coyote.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071102/ap_on_fe_st/odd_mythical_chupacabra_1

Brad Johnson wins the prize...let's make it a breeding pair of chupacabras.  grin
Rogue AI searching for amusement and/or Ellie Mae imitator searching for critters.
"What doesn't kill me makes me stronger...and it also makes me a cat-lover" - The Viking
According to Ben, I'm an inconvenient anomaly (and proud of it!).

Mabs2

• friend
  • セクシー
    • iCarly
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2007, 07:07:44 AM »
Yep.
I've seen pictures of similar animals.
VERY hideous and unnatural looking, but turning out to be every day coyotes or foxes.
While I still think there's a lot to the world we don't understand, we haven't found anything very new with this kind of stuff.
Quote from: jamisjockey
Sunday it felt a little better, but it was quite irritated from me rubbing it.
Quote from: Mike Irwin
If you watch any of the really early episodes of the Porter Waggoner show she was in (1967) it's very clear that he was well endowed.
Quote from: Ben
Just wanted to give a forum thumbs up to Dick.

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2007, 08:34:15 AM »
The Texas Chupacabra has been confirmed as being a coyote.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071102/ap_on_fe_st/odd_mythical_chupacabra_1

Brad Johnson wins the prize...let's make it a breeding pair of chupacabras.  grin

Oh great, more mouths to feed...

grin

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB