Author Topic: Every wonder how long it will take a traffic light to change?  (Read 6149 times)

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
Re: Every wonder how long it will take a traffic light to change?
« Reply #50 on: February 26, 2014, 10:38:29 AM »
Try downtown Weatherford TX.  The "courthouse square" sort of tries to be like a traffic circle, even though it's more of a really squashed oval.  The traffic lights, OTOH, doom it to be nothing more than an overly complex, confusing intersection that some idiot stuck a courthouse in the middle of.

I think they did it mostly to make the potholes look pleasant by comparison.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #51 on: February 26, 2014, 10:48:35 AM »
Try downtown Weatherford TX.  The "courthouse square" sort of tries to be like a traffic circle, even though it's more of a really squashed oval.  The traffic lights, OTOH, doom it to be nothing more than an overly complex, confusing intersection that some idiot stuck a courthouse in the middle of.

I think they did it mostly to make the potholes look pleasant by comparison.

Boise City OK was interesting until they put in the bypass a few years ago.
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

brimic

• friends
« Reply #52 on: February 26, 2014, 10:50:56 AM »
Great fun on the bike with little traffic. Absolute PITA with normal traffic in a car

They can be fun on the bike, but some of them have the turns banked too far into the negative.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama