Author Topic: typical perry?  (Read 4386 times)

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
typical perry?
« on: November 03, 2011, 01:17:06 PM »
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Re: typical perry?
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2011, 01:21:19 PM »
I watched the first of 25 minutes and saw nothing remarkable.  Care to actually make a point or link to the bits of interest?
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2011, 03:22:02 PM »
I have seen cuts from this - Perry is either on a strange coke high, or he has been taking 'ludes at every other speech.

He acts like a 12 y/o girl, and it is quite strange.
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2011, 03:43:10 PM »
I'm sure his handlers are trying to get him to be funnier and more "real". It reminds me of the makeover Gore got in 2000 that didn't work.

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2011, 04:01:03 PM »
I have seen cuts from this - Perry is either on a strange coke high, or he has been taking 'ludes at every other speech.
Tangential to this, I would love to see politicians getting regular drug tests.

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2011, 07:26:39 PM »
Tangential to this, I would love to see politicians getting regular drug tests beatings.

FTFY.
Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2011, 07:34:21 PM »
Tangential to this, I would love to see politicians getting regular mind-numbing drugs drug tests beatings.

FTFY.
Oh no, Fixed That For You!
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2011, 12:06:14 AM »
I would love to see politicians getting regular mind-numbing drugs

That seems to happen whenever a decent one gets to Washington.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2011, 11:50:06 AM »
Actually this "Drunken Speech" by Perry has saved Cain's bacon this week.

Folks are laughing so hard at Ricky that Herman is just sliding along, untouched!

Herman should send Ricky a nice Thank You note!

slingshot

• friend
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2011, 12:31:46 PM »
My first reaction was this speech was really silly and a negative for a governor or candidate for president.  But, listened to it again and I feel the speech is actually pretty endearing in a positive way.  Perry just moved up a couple points in my book.
It shall be as it was in the past... Not with dreams, but with strength and with courage... Shall a nation be molded to last. (The Plainsman, 1936)

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2011, 12:53:05 PM »
Perry has lost his audience.  He is still in the race only because it takes a while to spend down all that campaign money.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2011, 02:42:05 PM »
Perry has lost his audience.  He is still in the race only because it takes a while to spend down all that campaign money.
Bingoroonie!

slingshot

• friend
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2011, 09:26:46 PM »
With the last debate slip up, I think he may well have lost his audience.
It shall be as it was in the past... Not with dreams, but with strength and with courage... Shall a nation be molded to last. (The Plainsman, 1936)

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2011, 09:51:59 PM »
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2011, 09:52:52 PM »
Forget his debate performance - Perry lost the majority of the GOP base when he defended his boneheaded decision to sign a bill that gives illegal aliens preferential treatment over American citizens when it comes to college tuition in Texas.  :mad:
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2011, 01:44:27 AM »
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2011, 09:40:22 AM »
Forget his debate performance - Perry lost the majority of the GOP base when he defended his boneheaded decision to sign a bill that gives illegal aliens preferential treatment over American citizens when it comes to college tuition in Texas.  :mad:

Oh, he could have defended it a dozen ways.  State's rights being numero uno that would resound fully with tea party voters.  Calling us all "heartless", though?  Eff him.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2011, 09:50:04 AM »
illegal aliens preferential treatment over American citizens

when?  how?
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2011, 10:55:46 AM »
Losing one's audience is an actor's term, referring to a situation where people stop listening to you.  Yes, Perry lost his audience when he was identified with an unpopular program (illegal alien tuition).  After the recent debacle no one is going to trust him with "the football."  Fairly or unfairly he looks like a bumbler.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2011, 11:37:20 AM »
I suspect this means that Romney has the nomination sewn up, assuming that no scandals or the like pop up for him.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2011, 12:03:59 PM »
I suspect this means that Romney has the nomination sewn up, assuming that no scandals or the like pop up for him.

Not even close.

I'm still pulling for Paul, but I'm a dreamer.

I still think Cain has some significant potential in this race.  And Romney needs to beware it.  And we need to support it.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2011, 12:36:02 PM »
illegal aliens preferential treatment over American citizens

when?  how?

Uh, that is the entire point to the matter, CSD.

Illegal aliens get to attend Texas state schools while paying only in-state Texas citizen tuition.  American citizens from outside of Texas, who are not Texas citizens) must pay out of state tuition.  That is giving an illegal alien preferential treatment over American citizens.

In addition to being a morally vile practice, it happens to be a violation of federal law if the state school takes any $$$from the federal taxpayers.
Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2011, 12:39:23 PM »
Oh, he could have defended it a dozen ways.  State's rights being numero uno that would resound fully with tea party voters.  Calling us all "heartless", though?  Eff him.

He could claim state's rights if the Texas U system took no $$$ from the federales.

But, I agree, eff him for waxing dumbazz with the "heartless" mess.  Illegals were not barred from attending Texas state U schools (as they ought to be, IMO) before that law was passed.
Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2011, 12:42:39 PM »
Not even close.

I'm still pulling for Paul, but I'm a dreamer.

I still think Cain has some significant potential in this race.  And Romney needs to beware it.  And we need to support it.

My opinion is that Mr. Cain may have suffered a fatal blow with the recent harassment allegations.  I will be interested to see if this is so.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2011, 01:43:41 PM »
Most polls of late show the "generic" Republican candidate beating Obama by two or three points. However, when a specific Republican candidate is measured against him, Obama usually comes out on top by the same two or three points.  The best any R candidate does against Obama is Romney, generally with a tie.
Given the supposedly serious discontent with all things out of DC right now, why are the numbers not more lopsided in the R's favor?
The media will be trying their best to make the economy look better than it really is in the run-up Nov. 6, thereby boosting O's chances.  IMO, Obama stands a good chance of being re-elected.  I think we need to get our heads around that distasteful possibility.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.