Author Topic: typical perry?  (Read 4387 times)

longeyes

• friend
Re: typical perry?
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2011, 01:48:13 PM »
What about Newt?  Yes, I know, I know, but...

I'd like to believe that given the momentousness of this coming Election we might get a January surprise of shock and awe.  Maybe Allen West decides to run...?  Something like that.

If it's Romney conservatives had better begin to muster its forces to shoulder this guy rightward.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2011, 02:10:26 PM »
Uh, that is the entire point to the matter, CSD.

Illegal aliens get to attend Texas state schools while paying only in-state Texas citizen tuition.  American citizens from outside of Texas, who are not Texas citizens) must pay out of state tuition.  That is giving an illegal alien preferential treatment over American citizens.

In addition to being a morally vile practice, it happens to be a violation of federal law if the state school takes any $$$from the federal taxpayers.

If anyone moves to the state of Texas and spends three years there, they’re eligible for in-state tuition so no free ride,” Perry said.

Perry noted that the Texas legislature nearly unanimously passed the in-state tuition for illegal immigrants legislation in 2001.

how many years do i have to live there for in state tuition?  typically its one.  wheres that preference again?
he says realizing hes defending perry   shudder
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2011, 02:24:44 PM »
If anyone moves to the state of Texas and spends three years there, they’re eligible for in-state tuition so no free ride,” Perry said.

Perry noted that the Texas legislature nearly unanimously passed the in-state tuition for illegal immigrants legislation in 2001.

how many years do i have to live there for in state tuition?  typically its one.  wheres that preference again?
he says realizing hes defending perry   shudder

CSD, you are smarter than that.

1. Illegals, no matter how long they live in Texas, are neither American nor Texas citizens.
2. Americans who move to Texas and live here more than a year are Texas citizens.
3. Documentation of that three years for illegals is, more than likely, held to the lower level of scrutiny the docs of most illegals get from most state officials, if experience is any guide.

And there is still the fact that this violates federal law, which requires that any tuition break given to illegal aliens must be give to out of state applicants.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

• friends
« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2011, 02:27:25 PM »
if i moved here from another country legally how long would i have to live in texas to qualify as in state? assuming i remained a non us citizen?
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2011, 02:28:31 PM »

And there is still the fact that this violates federal law, which requires that any tuition break given to illegal aliens must be give to out of state applicants.

Hold on:

There is a Federal Law, that:
-If you voluntarily claim to be an illegal alien;
-You prove that you are an illegal alien;
-You prove that you have been an illegal resident of a State for 3 years;

Stipulates you are to be given BENEFITS rather than picked up by ICE and thanked for providing all the documentation to toss your *expletive deleted*ss out of the country?

???

???

???

:'(
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

• friends
« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2011, 02:39:37 PM »
And there is still the fact that this violates federal law, which requires that any tuition break given to illegal aliens must be give to out of state applicants

so if i come from outa state and live there for 3 years what rate do i pay?

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2011, 07:34:08 PM »
Most polls of late show the "generic" Republican candidate beating Obama by two or three points. However, when a specific Republican candidate is measured against him, Obama usually comes out on top by the same two or three points.  The best any R candidate does against Obama is Romney, generally with a tie.
Given the supposedly serious discontent with all things out of DC right now, why are the numbers not more lopsided in the R's favor?
The media will be trying their best to make the economy look better than it really is in the run-up Nov. 6, thereby boosting O's chances.  IMO, Obama stands a good chance of being re-elected.  I think we need to get our heads around that distasteful possibility.

A lot of polls exaggerate the number of liberals/democrats in their sample when they do polls.  These polls don't mean a whole heck of a lot right now anyway.
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero