Author Topic: Michelle Obama booed at NASCAR  (Read 1939 times)

grampster

• friend
Michelle Obama booed at NASCAR
« on: November 21, 2011, 06:59:01 PM »
One of the most blatant attempts by NBC flacks to cover for Obama: 

Michelle Obama and Jill Biden were booed when introduced at NACAR.  Tonight on NBC, the talking head reported it, showed the video, but they squelched the sound...no sound at all. ???  The talking head then reported that, yes, the crowd did boo, a teeny little bit, you could hardly hear it.  If that was the case, why 86 the sound, NBC??
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
Re: Michelle Obama booed at NASCAR
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2011, 07:14:57 PM »
My laptop has tinny speakers, I couldn't hear the boos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHbgHWIR5kc
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2011, 07:36:54 PM »
The immortal response of Nelson Muntz is appropriate here: "HA-HA!!!!"
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2011, 07:47:53 PM »
The boo's were louder than any applause.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2011, 07:36:08 AM »
Monkeyleg is correct, the booing was quite noticable.  Given the event and what was being celebrated, I think they were out of line.  This despite the fact that I have no great love for the woman or her husband.  Respect the office, not the people in this case.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2011, 07:53:12 AM »
Maybe they wouldn't boo her if she'd drive faster......  =|
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2011, 09:39:40 AM »
Yes, respect the office, but we're reaching the point where the Obama's are loved about as much as Mussolini. Hard to show much respect there.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2011, 10:21:02 AM »
The perception is that it's the Obamas who do not respect the office, hence the response.  Truth is best.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2011, 10:56:31 AM »
Respect the office? BHO's own lack of respect for the office he holds was repeatedly demonstrated by his bowing to foreign leaders; he dishonors the office by his actions on an almost daily basis. Respect has to be EARNED.

Booing? We're the ones PAYING for the office and the office holder's actions - if we don't like what they're doing, we have a right to express our displeasure in a peaceful manner (booing IS peaceful!) just as when we boo bad performance at a sporting event, movie, concert, play, or whatever other event we've paid to enter.

And another question - exactly which offices were Michelle Obama and Jill Biden elected to?

Yes, respect the office, but we're reaching the point where the Obama's are loved about as much as Mussolini. Hard to show much respect there.
This.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2011, 12:14:18 PM »
Kool-aid has those side effects at times.
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2011, 12:31:11 PM »
Monkeyleg is correct, the booing was quite noticable.  Given the event and what was being celebrated, I think they were out of line.  This despite the fact that I have no great love for the woman or her husband.  Respect the office, not the people in this case.

LOL

I don't respect people's "offices" when they don't respect the responsibilities of that office.

I don't believe in the whole "respect the office" bit. That's what people say when they are defending shitty officers
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2011, 12:44:25 PM »
I'm conflicted on this issue. I agree that the office deserves respect, regardless of one's disdain for the occupant. But...I just received an e-mail from a (very conservative) friend, which included another photo of the President failing to salute the flag at a memorial ceremony. I know he is not ignorant of the protocol for our Head of State, as there are professionals who have briefed him. Therefore, I must assume he is willfully ignoring protocol, tradition, and fundamental decency. At what point does our obligation to respect the office/holder fall away in such circumstances?
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2011, 01:41:21 PM »
LOL

I don't respect people's "offices" when they don't respect the responsibilities of that office.

I don't believe in the whole "respect the office" bit. That's what people say when they are defending *expletive deleted*ty officers

That's a nugget of succinct truth, if I've ever seen one.
I promise not to duck.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2011, 04:32:16 PM »
I don't believe in the whole "respect the office" bit. That's what people say when they are defending *expletive deleted*ty officers

Agreed....besides, I wouldn't mind if they eliminated the "First Lady" office, either....if the military can't bring their spouses with them on active duty, why should the CIC?.....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2011, 05:11:21 PM »
We could save several hundred million by sending Michelle back to Chicago.