Author Topic: "Weapons Cache" - The Tables Are Turned  (Read 1664 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
"Weapons Cache" - The Tables Are Turned
« on: November 23, 2011, 05:06:22 PM »
Not that I agree with the term being used, but I'm tickled pink that it's being used against these dweebs instead of some poor schmuck with a few firearms and a couple hundred rounds of ammo.

Also, I don't remember knives, mace, or hypodermic needles ever found laying around anywhere that Tea Party protests were held.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/11/23/weapons-cache-found-during-zuccotti-park-clean-up-sources/?test=latestnews
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MicroBalrog

• friend
Re: "Weapons Cache" - The Tables Are Turned
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2011, 05:36:39 PM »
Also, I don't remember knives, mace, or hypodermic needles ever found laying around anywhere that Tea Party protests were held.

I'd hope that ever single Tea Partier had a good knife to go with those concealed pistols. Why is that even an issue?
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2011, 05:38:36 PM »
I'd hope that ever single Tea Partier had a good knife to go with those concealed pistols. Why is that even an issue?

Because your average tea partier would probably not be so irresponsible as to leave those items laying around.  On body and under one's control for the win!
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2011, 06:10:11 PM »

"Littering and that's no way to treat a knife" is the sarcastic answer.

The issue of course is that there were likely many concealed weapons at Tea party rallies -- properly carried and not "stashed". I seriously doubt any Tea Party attendees ever even considered using them "against the man". Not to mention I don't think there was a lot of use of whatever drugs you need a needle for.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2011, 06:18:24 PM »
I'm underwhelmed.

They found knives, but people were camping there, and were made to leave their tents and everything else behind. Maybe they were food-prep or other utility knives?
They found mace, but that is something a lot of people carry for self-defense. Or is it banned in NYC?
They found hypodermics, but those aren't usually weapons.
They did mention that some Occupados had been seen with metal pipes wrapped in cardboard.

And who's to say the items weren't left behind by non-political homeless folk, before the Occupation?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

slingshot

• friend
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2011, 09:10:49 PM »
I am pretty underwhelmed too.  But the news media just loves to use the term "weapons cache".  It doesn't sound as though these were illegal.  Maybe they found a cache of Ramen Noodles or baked beans.  The beans could be quite the weapon in NYC.
It shall be as it was in the past... Not with dreams, but with strength and with courage... Shall a nation be molded to last. (The Plainsman, 1936)

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2011, 04:09:19 AM »
They found knives, but people were camping there, and were made to leave their tents and everything else behind. Maybe they were food-prep or other utility knives?

Buried in a planter?  I hate doing dishes too, but not that much.

They found mace, but that is something a lot of people carry for self-defense. Or is it banned in NYC?

NY has some odd size and labeling laws, as well as allowing carry of pepper spray purchased in-state.

j3rd

• Storm Coming
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2011, 07:22:07 AM »
A used hypodermic on the street is a deadly weapon, IMO.