Author Topic: Lefties have a violent anti-war protest  (Read 4780 times)

Manedwolf

• friend
Lefties have a violent anti-war protest
« on: September 01, 2008, 03:26:43 PM »
Um.

About 200 people from a group called Funk the War noisily staged their own separate march. Wearing black clothes, bandanas and gas masks, some of their members smashed windows of cars and stores. They tipped over newspaper boxes, pulled a big trash bin into the street, bent the rearview mirrors on a bus and flipped heavy stone garbage bins on the sidewalks.

One man who seemed to be the leader of the group carried a yellow flag with the motto "Don't Tread on Me." The group chanted: "Whose streets? Our streets!"

Meanwhile, a group of about 100 anarchists pushed a trash bin filled with trash and threw garbage in the streets and at cars. They also took down orange detour road signs. One of them used a screwdriver to puncture the back tire of a limousine waiting at an intersection and threw a wooden board at the vehicle, denting its side. Another hurled a glass bottle at a charter bus that had stopped at an intersection. The bottle smashed into pieces but didn't appear to damage the bus.

Protest war with violence against innocent people and their property. Gotcha.

http://www.wmur.com/politics/17362028/detail.html#-

Also, assault against delegates with apparently, bleach.

Protesters attacked members of the Connecticut delegation when they got off their buses near Xcel Center, delegates told FOX News.com and a local TV station.

A group of protesters came toward the delegation and tried to rip the credentials off their necks and sprayed them with a toxic substance that burned their eyes and stained their clothes, delegate Rob Simmons told KMSP-TV.

One 80-year-old member of the delegation had to be treated for injuries, and several other delegates had to rinse their eyes and clothing, the station reported.

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/09/01/anti-war-protest-at-gop-convention-turns-violent/

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
Re: Lefties have a violent anti-war protest
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2008, 04:22:34 PM »
They're giving anarchists a bad name  angry

My version of anarchy is driving without a seat belt, and fixing my roof without a building permit Wink
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2008, 05:42:40 PM »
Keep it up, kids, every attack is another million votes for McCain.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Bigjake

• friend
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2008, 05:45:50 PM »
The only way that this could've ended better is with a righteous shooting.  You try and douse me with bleach, plan on meeting up with with the business end of my Kimber right quick.

Azrael256

• friend
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2008, 06:42:24 PM »
I wish I had time to go protest things, but this "job" thing I have keeps me awfully busy.

I'll bet these "anarchists" will expect the evil capitalist oppressor paramedics to patch them up when somebody thrashes the crap out of them.

And Tallpine, I think you're more libertarian than anarchist.  Real anarchy means no police, ems, army, roads, coinage, courts, etc.  Canada could invade, and wouldn't be stopped until they hit the Mason-Dixon line and a bunch of good ol' boys organize an army...

Ok, maybe I'm becoming an anarchist.

freedom lover

• resident high school student
  • "Who is the Coon?"
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2008, 02:25:52 AM »
Thing was, I never heard about the protests during the Democratic Convention on the news. I either missed it or the media did not report it. Those buggers are famous for that kind of thing. They also lie and generally exude the morals and views of their elite (mostly liberal) owners. They are biased and serve the advertisers. The truth is not in them. But wait, you already knew that!

John G

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2008, 09:59:02 AM »
Canada could invade, and wouldn't be stopped until they hit the Mason-Dixon line and a bunch of good ol' boys organize an army...

No offense to the Good Ol' Boys, but there's plenty of gun owners in Upstate NY.  Should the Canadian "Army" ever try something on this end, we've got it covered.   grin
I like spiedies and old guns

HankB

• friend
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2008, 11:19:50 AM »
. . . Real anarchy means no police, ems, army, roads, coinage, courts, etc.  Canada could invade, and wouldn't be stopped until they hit the Mason-Dixon line and a bunch of good ol' boys organize an army...
In the same vein, under real anarchy, the northward migration of illegals from Mexico would pretty much come to an abrupt halt at the Rio Grande . . . the area around which would probably be quite noisy for a while. police
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

taurusowner

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2008, 11:51:44 AM »
I think they might have trouble with Michigan as well.

GigaBuist

• friends
    • http://www.justinbuist.org/blog/
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2008, 05:41:02 PM »
I think they might have trouble with Michigan as well.

Hell, they might all get killed in Detroit by accident!

Thing was, I never heard about the protests during the Democratic Convention on the news. I either missed it or the media did not report it.

I caught plenty of it.  There were definitely protesters are the DNC this year of the anarchist type.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2008, 06:10:55 PM »
How could someone tell a protest riot in Detroit from any normal night in Detroit, I wonder?

Iapetus

• friend
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2008, 09:30:16 AM »
. . . Real anarchy means no police, ems, army, roads, coinage, courts, etc.  Canada could invade, and wouldn't be stopped until they hit the Mason-Dixon line and a bunch of good ol' boys organize an army...
In the same vein, under real anarchy, the northward migration of illegals from Mexico would pretty much come to an abrupt halt at the Rio Grande . . . the area around which would probably be quite noisy for a while. police

Surely under real anarchy, there would be no such thing as an illegal immigrant/alien, as there would be no state for them to migrate to, and no laws to make doing so illegal.

41magsnub

• friend
  • Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2008, 09:59:28 AM »
How could someone tell a protest riot in Detroit from any normal night in Detroit, I wonder?

More chanting

mckormicnavistar

« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2008, 03:49:09 PM »
Azrael256 what the there NY folks let Us Pa folks would take another large bite. Anyway they would have it easier on the West Coast.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2008, 08:19:28 PM »
Azrael256 what the there NY folks let Us Pa folks would take another large bite. Anyway they would have it easier on the West Coast.

Folks generally don't know there's a lot more to PA than just Pittsburgh, Harrisburg or Philly.  Plenty of land through PA that you wouldn't want to invade unless you're suicidal.  Especially roads going through the hills that are just flat out perfect for ambushes.  Don't even need ammo, just drop rocks.

We have nearly a million licensed hunters.  That's a lot of guns.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2008, 05:59:49 AM »
We have nearly a million licensed hunters

Not to mention the un-licensed ones  grin
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2008, 06:11:34 AM »
"Canada could invade, and wouldn't be stopped until they hit the Mason-Dixon line and a bunch of good ol' boys organize an army..."

You do realize that Michigan, New York, and Pennsylvania have, for decades, sold more hunting licenses than any other states?

And that each one of those states sells more hunting licenses every year than the Canadians have total troops in ALL of their armed forces?
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Oldskoolfan

« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2008, 06:36:23 AM »
Actually these people are the extreme right wing, not lefties.  Either way they should respect other people's property.

freedom lover

• resident high school student
  • "Who is the Coon?"
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2008, 10:27:39 AM »
Plenty of land through PA that you wouldn't want to invade unless you're suicidal.

I've been through the Appalachian Plateau before. The place is like a very tiny version of Afghanistan, without the aridness. A few skilled guerillas armed with small arms, rpg's, stingers, and mortars could effectively fight a larger force for a long, long time. Of course, if America stays the way it is, most of the really effective weapons (particularly stingers) would have to be captured.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2008, 10:38:03 AM »
"I've been through the Appalachian Plateau before."

I grew in Central Pennsylvania on the western shore of the Susquehanna River near Harrisburg. That's east of the Appalachian Plateau, but the topography is much like that area, just a few hundred feet lower in elevation.

I went to college in Carlisle, and would occasionally bring friends home. Some of them were from very urban areas, like Philly. I loved taking the true back roads, ones that were no winter maintenance, gravel, one-car wide, and not even marked on USGS topo maps. It would give them a feel for what it's like outside the city, and it was fun to mess with them by stopping the car dead, getting a concerned look on my face, and saying "Man, I am LOST! I hope we can find our way out of here before the mountain folk catch us..."

cheesy

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2008, 10:46:51 AM »
Wow, now that's thread veer!!
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2008, 06:45:51 PM »
Plenty of land through PA that you wouldn't want to invade unless you're suicidal.

I've been through the Appalachian Plateau before. The place is like a very tiny version of Afghanistan, without the aridness. A few skilled guerillas armed with small arms, rpg's, stingers, and mortars could effectively fight a larger force for a long, long time. Of course, if America stays the way it is, most of the really effective weapons (particularly stingers) would have to be captured.

Ayep.  Some roads are dangerous enough from falling rocks.  30 feet of det cord could wipe out an entire hostile convoy. 

The middle of the state, and much of the north, is very broken terrain.  Not many "mountains", but lots of hills and rivers/creeks.  In 2007, 1,070,000 people were issued hunting permits, 164,824 peole have LTCF's, 404,528 firearms were transferred through FFL's.  And we have 20k NG soldiers, near a majority with at least one tour under their belt.  Mind you, we only have a population of 12 million.   
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Modifiedbrowning

• friend
  • Best Avatar on APS
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2008, 07:10:47 PM »

Canada could invade, and wouldn't be stopped until they hit the Mason-Dixon line and a bunch of good ol' boys organize an army...

I don't think they would get very far in Montana.
Give Peace a Chance,
Kill all Terrorists.