Author Topic: OMG stop the presses, Bachmann shoe gate!  (Read 4791 times)

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
OMG stop the presses, Bachmann shoe gate!
« on: August 25, 2011, 10:08:12 AM »
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/08/25/michele-bachmanns-style-shoes_n_935928.html#s339019&title=Bachmanns_Backless_Sandals

Put simply, Bachmann's choice of footwear repeatedly violates the most basic rules of fashion and upends her personal style, which has been marked by dressy separates, form-fitting shapes and demure necklines. But from the ankle down, Bachmann likes to show a little skin -- many of her shoes are either sandals (often worn with pantyhose -- argh) or peep toed orthopedic-looking stacked heels. Neither option does her any justice, and both are decidedly dated. The day of the chunky, strappy sandal has passed, especially worn with stockings.
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

AZRedhawk44

• friends
Re: OMG stop the presses, Bachmann shoe gate!
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2011, 10:09:30 AM »
teh whorors.

This obviously invalidates her candidacy.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2011, 10:37:04 AM »
They're right.  If she were really a populist she'd be campaigning in flip-flops. =D
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

41magsnub

• friend
  • Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2011, 11:07:18 AM »
I knew I didn't like her for some reason.....   =D

This is still better than Hillary's Mao jacket looking pant suits.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2011, 11:18:23 AM »
That utterly tears it --- I will not support her and I will not vote for her.  Such rotten fashion sense should be shunned and punished.  Bamboo under the fingernails would be too kind.

Nuke her from orbit! --- it's the only way to be sure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [tinfoil] [popcorn] [popcorn]
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

HankB

• friend
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2011, 12:21:14 PM »
Maybe in the spirit of bipartisan cooperation, one congressperson to another, Barney Frank will offer some personal insights . . .
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2011, 12:28:04 PM »
Wait. I thought wearing heels was objectifying wimmens.

BridgeRunner

• friend
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2011, 12:37:07 PM »
She wears shoes? Unpossible. Everyone knows conservative women aren't allowed to wear shoes.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2011, 12:55:44 PM »
Wait. I thought wearing heels was objectifying wimmens.

Wearing heels is objectifying women.

Women working enslaves women to the corporate workplace.

Women not working enslaves them to the family.

Women wearing 'modest' clothes enslaves them to patriarchy.

Women wearing 'immodest' clothes objectifies them.

Every single role a woman can take in a society is some form of capitalist slavery. As such there's no actual freedom as the classical liberal historical consensus tells us - in fact all of it is forms of capitalist slavery.

As such, what moral argument do you ACTUALLY have to say that George Bush is morally superior to Pol Pot? Does not America enslave women?
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2011, 01:11:46 PM »
As such, what moral argument do you ACTUALLY have to say that George Bush is morally superior to Pol Pot? Does not America enslave women?

Don't forget, men are enslaved by the capitalist system that steals the value of their labor.

And, according to our libertarian friends, requiring children to go to school enslaves them.

So, men, women, and children are all enslaved in America. Bush is better than Pol Pot though, he didn't KILL THEM.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2011, 01:22:19 PM »
She wears shoes? Unpossible. Everyone knows conservative women aren't allowed to wear shoes.

That's what I'm sayin'. Now if she'd lose the shoes and get back in the kitchen, she'd have my vote. Come to think of it, wouldn't we be better off if all the politicians were kept busy in the kitchen?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2011, 01:40:08 PM »
Come to think of it, wouldn't we be better off if all the politicians were kept busy in the kitchen?
When you put politicians in a kitchen, you don't get Rachel Ray - you get Lucrezia Borgia.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2011, 01:41:25 PM »
Don't forget, men are enslaved by the capitalist system that steals the value of their labor.

And, according to our libertarian friends, requiring children to go to school enslaves them.

So, men, women, and children are all enslaved in America. Bush is better than Pol Pot though, he didn't KILL THEM.

But Bush invaded Iraq and tolerated the murder of thousands of Americans through denied health care coverage!

You see, since there's no possibility that freedom exists anywhere, we should abandon 'freedom' as an outdated, capitalist moral category.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2011, 02:47:11 PM »
Did APS morph into moveondotcom while I was at lunch? :mad: [tinfoil]
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2011, 03:31:15 PM »
Did APS morph into moveondotcom while I was at lunch? :mad: [tinfoil]

I think your sarcasm detector is busted...
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2011, 03:39:48 PM »
I think your sarcasm detector is busted...

What are you talking about!? I'm perfectly serious.

Also, have you tried the kool-aid? I had some with my lunch and I've been feeling so much better about the state of the country.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2011, 04:04:42 PM »
When you put politicians in a kitchen, you don't get Rachel Ray - you get Lucrezia Borgia.

As long as it keeps them us out of trouble.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2011, 04:55:51 PM »
This can only be resolved if Rick Perry gives up his cowboy boots and campaigns barefoot.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2011, 02:02:55 PM »
Shoe gate?
How about corndog gate?

http://www.businessinsider.com/michele-bachmann-corndog-picture-2011-8

Edit: I heard that Bill Clinton says that he thinks Bachmann is well qualified to work in the Oval Office.

(yes, I'm probably going to hell)
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 02:07:50 PM by brimic »
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama