Author Topic: I guarantee you'll love this letter to the editor  (Read 4804 times)

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
I guarantee you'll love this letter to the editor
« on: March 09, 2012, 11:28:15 PM »
For those who don't know, weeks back Wisconsin had the first shooting involving a CCW permit holder since the law was enacted. The permit holder went into an Aldi's store carrying his gun, against store policy. An armed robbery went down while he was there, and he wound up having to shoot one of the robbers, as he feared the robber, who had turned, was about to shoot his wife, him or someone else in his direction.

The DA didn't press charges, and most people congratulated the permit holder for likely saving lives.

Not this letter writer, though. But criticizing the permit holder who may have saved lives would likely fall flat, so the writer frames his sentences such that it would seem that it's the gun that's guilty. He can't quite bring himself to say that the permit holder should be punished for shooting a criminal.

Enjoy.

Don't return Aldi gun

Regarding the article "Group wants police to return gun used to foil robbery," first things first.

The gun was taken into the Aldi store in violation of a sign that prohibited weapons. At that point, the gun owner gave up the "right" to that gun. Regardless of the outcome of the incident, the gun should not have been in the store.

Firing the gun put all the customers and employees at risk. The store owner decided to ban guns. Customers had the right to expect the sign to be followed.

If the gun is returned, any sign prohibiting weapons is meaningless. The gun should not be returned. It was something we learned as kids: Follow the rules.

Ray Saron
Brown Deer

« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 11:37:25 PM by Monkeyleg »

zxcvbob

• friend
Re: I guarantee you'll love this letter to the editor
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2012, 12:02:55 AM »
Our hero (Nazir Al-Mujaahid, who looks black to me in the pics) should accuse MPD of racism.  Then the liberals will be conflicted.  If we're really lucky, maybe their heads will explode.
"It's good, though..."

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2012, 12:04:47 AM »
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2012, 12:08:46 AM »
Ray Saron
101 Cowering Sheeple Dr
Brown Deer, WI

Dear Sir;

Please go *expletive deleted* yourself.

Sincerely,

Avenger29
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

DustinD

• I have a title
  • friends
  • I have a personal text message
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2012, 12:43:27 AM »
Customers had the right to expect the sign to be followed.

If the gun is returned, any sign prohibiting weapons is meaningless.
So how did the armed robbery happen in the first place? If the police don't return the weapon will there never be armed robberies and the like in gun free zones in the future?
"I don't always shoot defenceless women in the face, but when I do, I prefer H-S Precision.

Stay bloodthirsty, my friends."

- Lon Horiuchi

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2012, 04:53:14 AM »
 :facepalm:
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2012, 07:11:39 AM »
If the gun is returned, any sign prohibiting weapons is meaningless.

Yep, that's the goal.

Dick, do no gun signs carry the force of law in WI?

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2012, 07:48:02 AM »
Raymond Saron
I don't know if this is the same cheeseball. I will call him if it is.
Frack him for being that stupid.

Our local Aldi is our food haunt, and it is not posted.

Nothing like a clueless *expletive deleted*bag exercising his 1A rights.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 08:27:58 AM by JamisJockey »
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2012, 08:23:23 AM »
Here's an idea.

Was this some kind of personal, non-standard firearm?

If not, and if the police refuse to return it, let some WI gun owners' group chip in - I bet you could get 100 people to chip in $10 apiece and buy the owner an exact replacement.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

agricola

• friend
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2012, 01:25:39 PM »
You let deer write in to your papers?  Thats where you are going wrong, they start with letters like this and before you know it its antlers-first, prison sentences for anyone caught with venison and Bambi getting remade.
"Idiot!  A long life eating mush is best."
"Make peace, you fools"

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2012, 01:26:06 PM »
any sign prohibiting weapons is meaningless

Well, they are! =D

How does the law there handle this? In NV you can be asked to leave a posted place but only if you refuse are there any penalties
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2012, 02:24:49 PM »
Well, they are! =D

How does the law there handle this? In NV you can be asked to leave a posted place but only if you refuse are there any penalties

In WI, you can be fined $1000 -- it's a civil forfeiture, not criminal -- for being armed someplace that's posted.  No "asked to leave" necessary.  But I don't know what the legal requirements are for "properly posted"; like the infamous Texas 30.06 signs, or the signs in MN that must have letters at least 2" high, prominently posted at all entrances, etc.  (Gun Busters sign doesn't cut it)

Last time I was in Wisconsin I didn't see *any* No Guns signs, but that was in November right after the new law went into effect.  
"It's good, though..."

grampster

• friend
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2012, 02:44:12 PM »
I've never seen a no gun sign anywhere Michigan.  I'd ask the writer what he thought about the criminal who had a gun.  I notice he never said a word about that guy's gun, eh?
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

erictank

• friends
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2012, 05:42:36 PM »
I've never seen a no gun sign anywhere Michigan.  I'd ask the writer what he thought about the criminal who had a gun.  I notice he never said a word about that guy's gun, eh?

Apparently THAT gun wasn't a problem, in the letter-writer's excuse for a mind... :facepalm:

Theft under color of law is a *BAD* thing, Mr. Saron. Perhaps if you wish to advocate for it, you ought to experience it?

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2012, 06:33:01 PM »

Last time I was in Wisconsin I didn't see *any* No Guns signs, but that was in November right after the new law went into effect.  

I was in Madison 4 days of the last 2 weeks.  No signs spotted.  Nor, any pooled blood in the streets.  Rain must have washed it away.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2012, 06:51:16 PM »
I was in Madison 4 days of the last 2 weeks.  No signs spotted.  Nor, any pooled blood in the streets.  Rain must have washed it away.
Any ice cream vans selling RPGs and UZIs then?
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2012, 09:38:09 PM »
Any ice cream vans selling RPGs and UZIs then?

Again, I must have missed them.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.