Author Topic: Romney calls for increasing minimum wage  (Read 4784 times)

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Re: Romney calls for increasing minimum wage
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2014, 09:17:22 AM »
I'm not a Romney fan either. I did not vote for him in the primaries. I held my nose on election day because I genuinely thought he'd at least be better than 4 more years of Obama. Maybe there wouldn't have been much difference.  

Sounds like me.

Fortunately, I'm somewhat relieved he didn't win because I knew there was a chance he'd be worse. (For example: gun control, immigration, and now minimum wage.) At least with a Dem in the White House the Republicans make a show of opposing those issues. With Romney, I'm sure all of them would have passed by now.

So, my conscience is clear that I didn't knowingly vote for the continued destruction of our country. I'm also relieved because I was not sure Romney would have been better. (And the more he talks, the more sure I am that he wouldn't have been.)
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

MechAg94

• friend
Re: Romney calls for increasing minimum wage
« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2014, 10:24:25 AM »
I'm not a Romney fan either. I did not vote for him in the primaries. I held my nose on election day because I genuinely thought he'd at least be better than 4 more years of Obama. Maybe there wouldn't have been much difference. 
I think their would have been significant differences.  Romney would have done stupid stuff.  We wouldn't have had Obamacare, but Romney might have tried to pass some sort of Obamacare light.  The Repubs probably would have passed some form of Amnesty which would suck.

On the positive side, Benghazi probably would not have gone that way if it happened at all.  I doubt Romney would have been so quick to kick out the leaders of Libya and Egypt like Obama.  Not sure of Romney's stance on Afghanistan after getting Osama.  We seem to be languishing there now accomplishing very little.  Overall, Romney would have done dumb stuff, but I don't think he would be actively trying to destroy the country.

Looking at specifics, there are probably a lot more differences good and bad.  Hard to say what the Democrat media would be harping about or trying to push Romney on if he had won. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge