Author Topic: Republicans freaking out about scary Trump  (Read 4789 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Republicans freaking out about scary Trump
« on: August 09, 2016, 07:44:12 AM »
http://cnsnews.com/news/article/patrick-goodenough/gop-national-security-figures-unite-against-trump

I will take them seriously once I see their open letter about the Clintons' repeated sacrificing of our national security for their own interests.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

HankB

• friend
Re: Republicans freaking out about scary Trump
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2016, 08:38:19 AM »
Every time I see stories about GOP bureaucrats and politicians from previous administrations organizing to oppose Trump in a very public way (which effectively IS supporting Hillary) I think "RINO Stampede."
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2016, 09:32:23 AM »
Every time I see stories about GOP bureaucrats and politicians from previous administrations organizing to oppose Trump in a very public way (which effectively IS supporting Hillary) I think "RINO Stampede."

Yes, RINOs can be scary.  Luckily, they are near-sighted and not so bright.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2016, 09:51:52 AM »
The RINO stampede is driving me toward the Trump camp.

It's interesting that he may actually really be a nationalist and not on board with the globalist agenda. At first I thought he might be a hillary stalking horse, then I thought he was just trying to muscle in on the action but now I'm thinking he actually has some principles he believes in, nationalism being one.

That also means that if he becomes President he will probably unexpectedly die of a heart attack. They will just kill him.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2016, 09:58:59 AM »
The RINO stampede is driving me toward the Trump camp.

It's interesting that he may actually really be a nationalist and not on board with the globalist agenda. At first I thought he might be a hillary stalking horse, then I thought he was just trying to muscle in on the action but now I'm thinking he actually has some principles he believes in, nationalism being one.

Wishful thinking.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2016, 10:19:48 AM »
^^^^"Wishful thinking"^^^^

It appears that's all we have. 
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2016, 11:05:38 AM »
http://cnsnews.com/news/article/patrick-goodenough/gop-national-security-figures-unite-against-trump

I will take them seriously once I see their open letter about the Clintons' repeated sacrificing of our national security for their own interests.

If they were actually worried, they could have coalesced behind the only candidate in the primary with a chance to beat him. That they chose not to tells me all I need to know about them.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2016, 11:09:41 AM »
Wouldn't it be nice if we could have political candidates we could support, as opposed to having to choose the one we think will hurt less?
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2016, 12:20:00 PM »
After a long and careful cogitation, in which I weighed the likely outcomes and the consequences thereof, it is my considered opinion that we are good and truly *expletive deleted*ed.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2016, 12:26:33 PM »
After a long and careful cogitation, in which I weighed the likely outcomes and the consequences thereof, it is my considered opinion that we are good and truly *expletive deleted*ed.

That's pretty much my view too, but at least with Trump it might be fun to watch.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2016, 12:44:55 PM »
After a long and careful cogitation, ...

Why did I initially read this as, "After a long and careful coagulation ..."?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2016, 12:53:48 PM »
That's pretty much my view too, but at least with Trump it might be fun to watch.

The republic is dead on it's feet anyway. At least with Trump in the Oval office the screaming libtards might provide some entertainment while their heads implode.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2016, 01:17:22 PM »
If they were actually worried, they could have coalesced behind the only candidate in the primary with a chance to beat him. That they chose not to tells me all I need to know about them.

Well...

yeah.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
Re:
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2016, 01:36:43 PM »
The deep state is backing a sickly 70 something year old absolutely corrupt woman. Obviously the Presidency isn't actually a position of true power but is just figure head position the deep state needs to be able to manipulate.

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2016, 01:37:40 PM »
The republic is dead on it's feet anyway. At least with Trump in the Oval office the screaming libtards might provide some entertainment while their heads implode.

Months ago, I was joking with my brothers about voting for Trump "for the lulz".   That may not be so far off the point anymore.
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2016, 02:54:55 PM »
After listening to Hillary in a youtube video going on in the background, I would vote for a pack of howler monkeys over HRC.  Her voice could strip paint and varnish.

As Clinton orated in her inimitably shrill, scraping-vagina-dentata-on-a-blackboard style for about an hour, I watched every scripted word and every sculpted facial expression until the carefully prepared mask began to slip and the utter horrid madness in her eyes became evident. It’s a madness she’s displayed again and again whenever the mask slips, which is often. She spoke with a hostile insincerity that was positively deafening. The rancid, yeasty stench of inauthenticity wafted from every clogged pore in her lumpy, pantsuit-swaddled body. I do not trust this woman, and I soberly invite you to share my distrust with me.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

MikeB

• friend
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2016, 03:36:54 PM »
These are the same people that told us we had to shut up and vote for Romney/Ryan and McCain/Palin. I'm not a Trump fan and would have preferred a few others, but they are now showing who they really are by supporting Hillary by proxy if not directly. There is a possibility of a good SCOTUS pick or more than one with Trump; with Hillary that is zero.

dm1333

• friend
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2016, 03:55:55 PM »
Washington insiders speaking out against an outsider.  Makes my decision on who to vote for pretty easy even though I think Trump is a bonehead.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2016, 04:04:38 PM »
Wouldn't it be nice if we could have political candidates we could support, as opposed to having to choose the one we think will hurt less?

That situation has been endemic since shortly after the Republic was organized.  I like the idea of Trump in the Bully Pulpit just because he pisses off the entire world generally and the oligarchy particularly.  If you think about the fact that America is supposed to be an experiment with respect the to people being in charge, perhaps this might be the first of that in a long time.  Under the circumstances I hope it comes about.  He did, after all, swamp the other R candidates and outdrew the D's.  You might say the people are speaking a bit.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2016, 04:51:21 PM »
I'd vote Trump just to see the *expletive deleted*ing media start doing their job again.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2016, 05:11:07 PM »
I'd vote Trump just to see the *expletive deleted*ing media start doing their job again.
The media is always anti-Govt when Republicans are in charge. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2016, 05:14:09 PM »
These are the same people that told us we had to shut up and vote for Romney/Ryan and McCain/Palin. I'm not a Trump fan and would have preferred a few others, but they are now showing who they really are by supporting Hillary by proxy if not directly. There is a possibility of a good SCOTUS pick or more than one with Trump; with Hillary that is zero.
The SCOTUS picks are the main reason I favor Trump.  I at least see a chance of getting decent picks from Trump.  Hilary's SCOTUS picks wouldn't care one bit about the Constitution or Bill of Rights.  And the current SC is evenly balanced right now so adding more liberals would result in bad SC decisions for quite some time. 

Also, Trump is collecting all the right enemies to get my vote.  If he were actually some sort of closet liberal, I would expect many of these people to stay quiet. 

“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2016, 05:16:06 PM »
George Washington hasn't run for President in over 200 years so it has been about that long since anyone had that choice.  Welcome to the Representative Republic.  

(and I am sure some of the Whiskey Rebellion guys would disagree with us about Washington.)

grampster

• friend
« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2016, 06:43:48 PM »
I've said ad nauseum that Trump is neither conservative or liberal or R or D.  He's a capitalist with a big ego.  He's played both ends against the middle for years.  Nothing wrong with that in my view.  He's actually been doing what the rest of us have wanted...not letting the government control our destiny.  He's gone around it and through it and used it for his benefit...which also seems to benefit those he employs as well as the businesses that he needs to service his empire.  He's not going to appoint a judge to the SCOTUS who is going to swing left because he knows that goes against his capitalist viewpoint.  The rest of the dreck they are throwing against the wall can go fish as far as I'm concerned.

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2016, 07:49:47 PM »
The media is always anti-Govt when Republicans are in charge. 

I'll take any positive I can find in the current *expletive deleted*it show.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.