Author Topic: Amerexit  (Read 4773 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: Amerexit
« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2016, 06:14:35 PM »
Government also sterilized people against their will, intentionally poisoned tens of thousands of people, Dred Scott, etc. That the government previously did bad things before today does it legitimize them today, nor does it mean such deeds were any less wrong when originally performed.

He wasn't making that argument, and I think you knew that.

"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2016, 06:17:17 PM »
Government also sterilized people against their will, intentionally poisoned tens of thousands of people, Dred Scott, etc. That the government previously did bad things before today does it legitimize them today, nor does it mean such deeds were any less wrong when originally performed.

Could any of these happen again? Sure. We recently watched are currently watching Hillary Clinton get away with multiple felonies when other people are routinely convicted of the same crimes.

FTFY
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2016, 09:30:02 PM »
At least the Greater Seattle Forsaken Zone will have excellent coffee, beer and video games as produced by the residents.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2016, 11:02:17 PM »
I have an acre and a half.  I will auction off 3 sq ft spots.  Comes with a view.  High ground too.  First come first served. [popcorn]
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2016, 11:14:25 AM »
I have an acre and a half.  I will auction off 3 sq ft spots.  Comes with a view.  High ground too.  First come first served. [popcorn]

Interesting idea.  I thought of that as a fund-raising idea for a charitable organization many years ago.  Tech/legal prolems got in the way, though, e.g. a subdivision developer's license was required in this state, real estate taxes, etc.  (I was thinking of one square foot parcels, complete with mailable addresses and little one inch easements for "streets," and other wild-assed extensions of the idea.)

It recently popped into mind again as a method of establishing residency in "free states," but I squashed the idea since I didn't want to get squashed myself by the full weight of the law.

Not that I could immediately see any tech/legal reasons against it offhand, but I figured, with all the crazy laws and contrived legal decisions in our current whacky legal system, there must be something either legally or regulatory they could come down on you with.  Sorta like the Kelo decision... who'd have thunk it?

So I parked that idea in my mental bottom drawer until you brought it out again.

I'm not signing this one so nobody will know who posted it
« Last Edit: October 29, 2016, 11:31:30 AM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Triphammer

• friend
« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2016, 11:26:17 AM »
It's possible. A number of RV living snowbirds I've met here in AZ have legal addresses in S. Dakota. Their vehicles are registered in S.D. and there are services that forward mail anywhere  it's requested.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2016, 11:35:11 AM »
^ Huh.  I didn't know that.

<Terry Anonymous poster above rubs chin and looks at ceiling, thinking...>

Is that just a private mailbox service or is there actual real estate involved?

<After rubbing chin, Terry anonymous poster above realizes he needs a shave.>

WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.