Author Topic: Mexicanos no son felices  (Read 4788 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
Mexicanos no son felices
« on: November 09, 2016, 05:58:42 PM »
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/L/LT_MEXICO_TRUMP?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2016-11-09-12-18-15

Oh, boo hoo --

And if Trump follows through on his promise of increased deportations, "what are those people going to do? They will have to find a way to survive on this side. The possibilities begin to narrow for you," he said.

Yeah, well tit for tat, amigo. Whaddaya think happens to Americans when all those millions of inlegales swarm over the border and take jobs away from Americans? "The possibilities begin to narrow" for us, too.

I had lunch today with the Latino assistant pastor from my church. To my surprise, even though his role is primarily to minister to the Latino segment of the congregation (and most of them are illegals), he even agreed that having all those illegals here is bad for the United States. When even their advocate admits they are a problem, you KNOW it's a problem.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: Mexicanos no son felices
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2016, 06:00:39 PM »
Wait. A president that enforces federal law? Against non-citizens? That way lies madness.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2016, 06:04:50 PM »
I wonder how many will "Self Deport" one step ahead of La Migra....
« Last Edit: November 09, 2016, 09:56:43 PM by scout26 »
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2016, 06:18:43 PM »
I wonder how many will "Self Deport" one step of La Migra....

Next to none, unless he actually starts deporting people.

Gotta add to my initial list: Curtail firing Americans to hire foreign replacements on H1-B visas

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2016, 08:46:40 PM »
This is supposedly the front page of a Mexican newspaper (not hotlinked for obvious reasons):

http://media1.break.com/dnet/media/176/060/3060176/mexican-newspaper-only-needed-one-word-to-report-that-trump-won-the-election-image-1.jpg
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2016, 09:38:56 PM »

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2016, 10:54:27 PM »

Gotta add to my initial list: Curtail firing Americans to hire foreign replacements on H1-B visas
That is what a lot of people fail to mention.  If they actually start enforcing immigration laws and deporting people without the catch and release plan, a number of them will head home on their own. 

IMO, seriously curtail the court hearing requirements and stop releasing them.  Make a big tent prison down near the border and start dumping them there until they are processed.  Maybe set up the tent prison in Mexico.  Mexico might do it for him if he threatens them with taxing money transfers to Mexico.   
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

HankB

• friend
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2016, 11:34:21 PM »

And I'm for abolishing diversity visas.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2016, 11:39:15 PM »
What he should  do is seize all assets owned by businesses that employ illegal labor, and sell them to fund unemployment benefits in their respective counties.

A realistic migrant farm labor immigration program would be a nice give back.
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2016, 01:54:02 AM »
A realistic migrant farm labor immigration program would be a nice give back.

We've got approximately 100,000,000 Americans to put back to work before we start revamping any migrant worker programs.

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2016, 03:17:27 AM »
We've got approximately 100,000,000 Americans to put back to work before we start revamping any migrant worker programs.

Farm labor has always been a special category - better low food prices than trying to make the job economy back on that sector
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2016, 11:35:45 AM »
Farm labor has always been a special category - better low food prices than trying to make the job economy back on that sector

I understand that.

Quote from: Hawkmoon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTx_jDEnvxs

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2016, 08:46:13 PM »
I couldn't help myself:

"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2016, 12:27:03 AM »
I couldn't help myself:

FAKE!  Mexican mustache is not trumptastic enough.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

birdman

• friend
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2016, 10:25:56 AM »
Wait. A president that enforces federal law? Against non-citizens? That way lies madness.

Someone asked me once how trump could get Mexico to pay for the wall.

I said it was simple.  (And All without any new legislation, as there already have been secure border laws past)
1. Build wall (he knows construction, he could probably get some good bids that would complete fast as he knows the effectiveness of early completion bonuses).  Actually, bid it in <$10 million segments to get around the congressional reprogramming threshold, and just allocate the money.  If congress wants to help so that's unnecessary, sure, but it's totally legal.
2. Guard wall.
3. Tell Mexico, you owe us X for the wall.
Mexico says no.
4. Round up 5000 illegals in each border state (20k total), (easy) (hell, just start with San Diego, Tucson, Carlsbad, and El Paso)
5. Rent 400 tour busses for a day trip
6. Dump illegals on the Mexican side of the wall.
Mexico says no.
7. Repeat the next day...and the day after...and the day after...

Mexico would cave in days.
Offer that they can pay for it by enforcing a 50% import tariff on USD remittances to Mexican citizens if the source cannot be verified as a US citizen.

Done.

Then, if you really wanted to make it work:
1. Massively enforce laws against hiring illegals
2. Create a guest worker program with ID and taxes.  AND subject it to a minimum wage...or better yet, just eliminate the minimum wage entirely and thus put everyone on equal footing
3. Make green card or conditional on net positive taxes for 5 years, OR lump sum payment of $100k unless proven to be an actual refugee.  Make H-1B like work visas contingent on lump sum payment of $100k.  Payment can be from a third party (like a company)...this way, the H-1B is only useful for people we REALLY want, and it should level the cost playing field with people here.

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2016, 10:29:45 AM »

I said it was simple.  (And All without any new legislation, as there already have been secure border laws past)
1. Build wall (he knows construction, he could probably get some good bids that would complete fast as he knows the effectiveness of early completion bonuses).  Actually, bid it in <$10 million segments to get around the congressional reprogramming threshold, and just allocate the money.  If congress wants to help so that's unnecessary, sure, but it's totally legal.
2. Guard wall.
Mexico says no.
4. Round up 5000 illegals in each border state (20k total), (easy) (hell, just start with San Diego, Tucson, Carlsbad, and El Paso)
Mexico says no.

Offer that they can pay for it by enforcing a 50% import tariff on USD remittances to Mexican citizens if the source cannot be verified as a US citizen.

Done.

2. Create a guest worker program with ID and taxes.  AND subject it to a minimum wage...or better yet, just eliminate the minimum wage entirely and thus put everyone on equal footing
3. Make green card or conditional on net positive taxes for 5 years, OR lump sum payment of $100k unless proven to be an actual refugee.  Make H-1B like work visas contingent on lump sum payment of $100k.  Payment can be from a third party (like a company)...this way, the H-1B is only useful for people we REALLY want, and it should level the cost playing field with people here.

Man, the best thing about this post is that the conservative version of Aaron Sorkin might use similar fantasy for a new series.  Then again, conservatives don't tend to smoke crack

birdman

• friend
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2016, 10:33:23 AM »
Man, the best thing about this post is that the conservative version of Aaron Sorkin might use similar fantasy for a new series.  Then again, conservatives don't tend to smoke crack

Exactly why do you think it wouldn't work?  I'm actually intrigued to know.

People say "you can't just send 12 million people to another country". Why not, they did it.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2016, 10:57:09 AM »

2. Guard wall.
Mexico says no.
Mexico says no.

Done.

Didn't Obama take all the ZIka virus funding Congress approved and gave it to Climate Change advocates?   Perhaps President Trump (I giggle every time I type or say that  =D =D) can take money from the EPA, UN funding and other loonie spending areas and give to building the wall.

You know, Goose, Sauce, Gander, some assembly required... :angel: :lol: 
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Chester32141

• friend
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2016, 12:05:03 PM »
I believe  it is Trump's plan to charge a fee on money transfers to Mexico ... the way I read it the wall would be paid for in 10 years ...
 [popcorn]
"The best argument against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter...... "

Photos
CBs Hawg Sauce

HankB

• friend
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2016, 12:36:37 PM »
People say "you can't just send 12 million people to another country". Why not, they did it.
Run the numbers.

Take 1000 busses. That sounds like a lot, until you realize that's the number of busses in NOLA that were allowed to be submerged during Katrina rather than used to evacuate people.

Put 40 illegals on each bus. That's 40,000 illegals. Run them down to Mexico and dump them on the other side of the fence.

Have each bus make 3 runs a week. That's 120,000 illegals per week.

In 100 weeks - less than 2 years - there's your 12 million.

Cost? Let's say the cost of operating each bus - including fuel, drivers, guards, etc. - is $1,000,000 a year. Heck, let's make it $2,000,000 a year. PER BUS.

That's a 2 billion dollar a year program . . . sounds like a lot, right?

But that's less than half of what it takes to educate, medicate, and incarcerate illegals in Texas alone. ONE state.

Of course, catching the illegals will take some effort, and not all illegals come from south of our border, but if we LET the ICE agency do its job, I'm sure they'd make some amazing progress, at least for the first year until illegals began to become scarce. (The "pro-illegal" demonstrations should be viewed as an opportunity - half the rounding up would be done by the illegals themselves!)

And wouldn't that be a nice thing?   =D
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2016, 12:59:15 PM »
I believe  it is Trump's plan to charge a fee on money transfers to Mexico ... the way I read it the wall would be paid for in 10 years ...
 [popcorn]
That is what I was thought also.  A big chunk of Mexico's economy is money sent back from the US.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

birdman

• friend
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2016, 03:19:46 PM »
Run the numbers.

Take 1000 busses. That sounds like a lot, until you realize that's the number of busses in NOLA that were allowed to be submerged during Katrina rather than used to evacuate people.

Put 40 illegals on each bus. That's 40,000 illegals. Run them down to Mexico and dump them on the other side of the fence.

Have each bus make 3 runs a week. That's 120,000 illegals per week.

In 100 weeks - less than 2 years - there's your 12 million.

Cost? Let's say the cost of operating each bus - including fuel, drivers, guards, etc. - is $1,000,000 a year. Heck, let's make it $2,000,000 a year. PER BUS.

That's a 2 billion dollar a year program . . . sounds like a lot, right?

But that's less than half of what it takes to educate, medicate, and incarcerate illegals in Texas alone. ONE state.

Of course, catching the illegals will take some effort, and not all illegals come from south of our border, but if we LET the ICE agency do its job, I'm sure they'd make some amazing progress, at least for the first year until illegals began to become scarce. (The "pro-illegal" demonstrations should be viewed as an opportunity - half the rounding up would be done by the illegals themselves!)

And wouldn't that be a nice thing?   =D

Like I said :)

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2016, 07:57:33 PM »
That is what I was thought also.  A big chunk of Mexico's economy is money sent back from the US.

For anyone who has any doubts about this:

http://dineroenminutos.cl/index.php

http://dineroenminutos.cl/servicios-envio.php