Author Topic: The Trump Allegations  (Read 4786 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
The Trump Allegations
« on: January 11, 2017, 10:00:07 AM »
I was hesitant to even post a link to this for fear of continuing the spread of what to me is false information, but I'd be interested in input. While I only had a very, very small interaction with classified reports and documents during my time with a national security clearance, this looks like nothing any intelligence staff, or former intelligence staff (of any country) would write. The language and formatting is all wrong. Honestly, to me, it looks like it was written by a teenager who watched a lot of spy movies and maybe did some googling and wanted to try and imitate an official document. Maybe even multiple people, just because of the varied and informal language and formatting.

As a tangent, I just heard on the TV that supposedly this document was sent to McCain a year ago and he forwarded it to the FBI at that time.

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/3259984-Trump-Intelligence-Allegations.html

Tinfoil on, but this looks like something the SJW "resistance" (or maybe Dan Rather) would put together. I'd be more inclined to believe anything in this doc if it was a verified wikileaks email, versus a "buzzfeed scoop".
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

wmenorr67

• friend
Re: The Trump Allegations
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2017, 10:06:48 AM »
 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2017, 10:16:10 AM »
While I wouldn't be shocked if the Russians (or someone) did have compromising information on Trump, this dossier seems to be third hand information with nothing to back it up and it's been around for awhile.  The only reason it's newsworthy now is that a summary was appended to the recent report on Russian interference - that part is a bit surprising to me.

composed by the unidentified British operative, who is apparently considered trustworthy by US intelligence officials...The operative collected the information from Russian intelligence sources while he was doing opposition research for a project financed by anti-Trump Republicans.
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2017, 10:21:28 AM »
Supposedly, 4Chan has said it's something they created to spoof the spooks ... and the spooks bought it hook, line and sinker.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2017, 10:24:32 AM »
On the one side I smell troll, of the "set the world afire and watch it burn for the yuks," variety.  On the other I smell desperation and strong desire to believe it is true.

If it is troll, it will be the biggest, most fabulous trolling ever accomplished in the history of mankind.  And those who pushed it will have done the equivalent of setting their credibility afire whilst humping a goat on Main Street at noontime.

Worst case scenario if in the unlikely event it is true:
"President Pence."
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2017, 10:36:06 AM »
I read at Zero Hedge that the author and alleged British agent references the World Cup as the "World Cup Soccer Tournament" in this document  :facepalm:

Who knows what to believe?

The document is easily available to be found online but I haven't bothered to read it, probably won't.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2017, 10:36:24 AM »
If you scroll down to, I think, the third highlighted page, you'll see the claim that Putin "feared" Hillary Clinton. Yeah, sounds legit...  ;/

On the other hand, I'm glad to see the word "perversion" is in from the cold. It's been hate speech for a while now.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2017, 10:58:51 AM »
Yeah, it looks sketchy as hell.

No, it's certainly not government. Each line would be tagged  And doesn't look like any professional private intelligence firm I've ever seen. If they copy and pasted the data to keep their source safe, why black out the company comments section instead of delete it, why keep the 'headers'?

This looks like something teens or incompetent adults would make as fake reports. Hell, most teens I know could come up with better looking letterhead. If you read the report, it's not even offering anything except "Source (letter) says that So and So told him that Russia is blackmailing Trump. No word on what the blackmail actually is. Wording isn't professional either. Also tries to use pseudo-Russian words as slang.

"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Hawkmoon

• friend

agricola

• friend
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2017, 08:38:50 PM »
It is incredible how many times people can shoot themselves in the foot in such a short space of time.  Does the anti-Trump crowd really want to legitimize the publication of stuff like this, without it ever being sourced properly?
"Idiot!  A long life eating mush is best."
"Make peace, you fools"

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2017, 09:08:50 PM »
It is incredible how many times people can shoot themselves in the foot in such a short space of time.  Does the anti-Trump crowd really want to legitimize the publication of stuff like this, without it ever being sourced properly?

They don't care. The left have totally flipped their collective lid over Trump's election. It's astonishing.

agricola

• friend
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2017, 09:46:58 PM »
They don't care. The left have totally flipped their collective lid over Trump's election. It's astonishing.

TBH though it isn't "the left" that have flipped out over this; its the political class whose whole reason for being (and being paid money for things) is called into question by the simple fact that Trump won.  A similar phenomenon of wailing and gnashing of teeth has been seen over here in the past 18 months, specifically over Jeremy Corbyn being in charge of the Labour Party despite being unelectable* and bad for the party**.

* in the sense of the word that he has won two leadership elections, several by-elections and was much closer to the public mood over the EU referendum than his Parliamentary party was. 
** in the sense of the word that it is out of debt for the first time in decades, now has substantial cash reserves and its membership is above half a million (compared to 180,000 at the end of Blair's time)
"Idiot!  A long life eating mush is best."
"Make peace, you fools"

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2017, 10:12:58 PM »
Agricola and the glenn greenwald article posted above have the right of it.  The deep state / political class is what is behind this.  The lefties are just part of it.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

HankB

• friend
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2017, 11:59:04 PM »
TBH though it isn't "the left" that have flipped out over this; its the political class whose whole reason for being (and being paid money for things) is called into question by the simple fact that Trump won . . . 

In effect, this is their response: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgF_hP4GO_Q
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re:
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2017, 06:08:15 AM »
The level of zomg reminds me of father in law 1.1's reaction to his pure daughter going out with me

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2017, 06:41:31 AM »
Agricola and the glenn greenwald article posted above have the right of it.  The deep state / political class is what is behind this.  The lefties are just part of it.

Yep. 
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Re:
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2017, 08:56:35 AM »
The level of zomg reminds me of father in law 1.1's reaction to his pure daughter going out with me

The difference being, of course, that his reaction was perfectly justified.  :laugh:
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Hawkmoon

• friend
Re:
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2017, 11:56:09 AM »

The difference being that F-i-L 1.1's reaction may have had some justification.  =D

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Re:
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2017, 11:57:55 AM »
The difference being that F-i-L 1.1's reaction may have had some justification.  =D

THREE HOURS TOO SLOW.  :-*

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
Re:
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2017, 12:15:44 PM »
The difference being, of course, that his reaction was perfectly justified.  :laugh:

Nearly everyone always rationalizes their behavior as being perfectly justified. Yes, the political class is in a apocalyptic fury, or angry or scared at Trump winning. They likely are trying to rationalize their behavior. Hillary might not have been liked by anyone, but she was part of the system and would have respected the game.

Trump probably won't fulfill one in a hundred campaign promises. Few candidates do. But the remote chance that he might upset long established apple carts is enough to freak out the political class.

Standard disclaimer: I firmly believe he told people exactly what they wanted to hear. I don't like the man as a person, I don't trust him as a businessman and generally find his behavior to be abhorrent. I hope he'll be a good president but I'm reserving my opinion. Mattis so far has been the only actual political decision I firmly support, but it's a pretty huge and positive one.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2017, 12:28:38 PM »
It's The Donald we're talking about.  He'll wait until someone directly demands a statement, then bring out pictures and start bragging.

"Dang, the FSB got crappy angles on that.  Here, check these shots out."

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Re:
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2017, 01:25:24 PM »
Standard disclaimer: I firmly believe he told people exactly what they wanted to hear. I don't like the man as a person, I don't trust him as a businessman and generally find his behavior to be abhorrent. I hope he'll be a good president but I'm reserving my opinion. Mattis so far has been the only actual political decision I firmly support, but it's a pretty huge and positive one.

No need for the disclaimer (amongst us, at least). I don't think anyone trusts him. In fact, I'm starting to fear he's the Anti-Christ... simply because the unhinged attacks on him have gotten so off the wall that if he started sacrificing babies on the West Lawn, who's going to believe the reporters saying so?

[Disclaimer: I've got to explicitly state that was tongue in cheek, don't I?]

Tuco

• Fastest non-sequitur in the West.
  • friends
  • If you miss you had better miss very well
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2017, 03:04:49 PM »
It was the hacker Anonymous who hacked the Russian hack investigation.  Pissgate was for the LULZ

rush limbaugh explains pretty good starting at 30:25

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9tKT1GAyQk#t=30m25s

Summary:

Some ANON makes the false intel report.
Sends it to McCain.
McCain runs screaming to CIA.
CIA says thanks, we'll have a look, (get a load of this guy)
CIA says this is unmitigated horseshit, Hey Mr President elect, this is the kind of crap you signed up for.

Media says CIA CONFRONTS TRUMP RE RUSSIANS KNOWLEDGE OF COMPROMISING SITUATIONS HES GONNA GET MANIPULATED RUSSIANS HACKED TRUMPS HOOKERS111!!!11

7-11 was a part time job.

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2017, 03:45:09 PM »
Some ANON makes the false intel report.
I thought it was pretty well accepted that it did come from Christopher Steele?
http://thehill.com/policy/national-security/intelligence/313837-ex-spy-behind-trump-dossier-identified-report

CIA says this is unmitigated horseshit, Hey Mr President elect, this is the kind of crap you signed up for.
This is still the newsworthy part - that they legitimized it at all by including it in the briefing. The media was actually surprisingly responsible during the election, they had the document but treated it as unverified rumors and didn't do anything with it.
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

MechAg94

• friend
Re:
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2017, 03:47:47 PM »
No need for the disclaimer (amongst us, at least). I don't think anyone trusts him. In fact, I'm starting to fear he's the Anti-Christ... simply because the unhinged attacks on him have gotten so off the wall that if he started sacrificing babies on the West Lawn, who's going to believe the reporters saying so?

[Disclaimer: I've got to explicitly state that was tongue in cheek, don't I?]

I figured if the Anti-Christ showed up, he would be universally loved by all the usual media and such.  If Trump gets Israel to rebuild the Temple and starts making his own statue for it, then you can worry.   =D
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge