Author Topic: Social Network: What's your Age and location / State? And where do you shoot?  (Read 20753 times)

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
Re: Social Network: What's your Age and location / State? And where do you shoot?
« Reply #50 on: September 30, 2011, 11:46:27 AM »

Portland metro area

PSTC or head out to a couple of defunct rock quarries in the region.
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

HankB

• friend
Re: Social Network: What's your Age and location / State? And where do you shoot?
« Reply #51 on: September 30, 2011, 04:13:00 PM »
Mid 50's.

Suburb just west of Austin, TX.

Used to shoot at Hill Country range, but the owner ("Crazy Richard") closed it. Now I usually make do at the closest facility, Red's Indoor Range.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #52 on: September 30, 2011, 04:15:04 PM »
Mid 50's.

Used to shoot at Hill Country range, but the owner ("Crazy Richard") closed it. Now I usually make do at the closest facility, Red's Indoor Range.

What made "Crazy Richard" crazy?
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

Pharmacology

• friends
« Reply #53 on: September 30, 2011, 04:27:24 PM »
Mid 50's.
How is Red's?
I drove by it once or twice the other weekend.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #54 on: September 30, 2011, 04:58:10 PM »
What made "Crazy Richard" crazy?
Once he got a shave and haircut he didn't look quite so much like Charles Manson, but if you let him, he'd talk your ear off about the End Times (which he predicted repeatedly), Biblical holidays that nobody else heard of, the coven of witches and satanists living on a nearby hill, the druids in the caves, the numerous failings of Orientals, blacks, Jews, and everyone else, and of course the 47 pounds of plutonium "they" put on Jupiter . . . and of course we all know why they did that.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #55 on: September 30, 2011, 05:09:53 PM »
Bothell, WA
On the sadly infrequent occasions I get out it's usually to a bit of public land in Snoqualmie Pass. Would very much like to find a decent range in Snohomish county though.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

HankB

• friend
How is Red's?
I drove by it once or twice the other weekend.
Typical indoor range - about 8 lanes, zero to 100 yards, no holster work or "rapid fire."  (I've shot pretty quick when the range wasn't crowded, but since the guy saw I was getting all hits, he didn't harass me.)

eyebrows

• friend
Indianapolis In
Marion County Fish and Game, property in Hendricks county

Hey Wacki, I've been at MCFG for about 5 years, used to do the silhouette and bowling pin shoots regularly. Not so much this year as it's been a busy year for me. What about you, do any of the events there?

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
Once he got a shave and haircut he didn't look quite so much like Charles Manson, but if you let him, he'd talk your ear off about the End Times (which he predicted repeatedly), Biblical holidays that nobody else heard of, the coven of witches and satanists living on a nearby hill, the druids in the caves, the numerous failings of Orientals, blacks, Jews, and everyone else, and of course the 47 pounds of plutonium "they" put on Jupiter . . . and of course we all know why they did that.

So actually his name should be Bat *expletive deleted*it Crazy Richard.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

MrsSmith

• I do declare, someone needs an ass whoopin'
  • friend
SE Ohio (as of this weekend)
Back yard and will have my first match with Ashland Gun Club in 2 weeks.

Pharma, Jamis & Seeker - sounds like a South Texas meet-up is in order!

Side note: Don't know if it would be of interest but I used to work for a NFP org with a fairly large membership. They had a map on their website that allowed members to enter their general area as a thumb tack of sorts. Allowed members to identify others near them. Was nice to be able to contact those nearby and get together if desired. And of course it was voluntary - if someone wanted to be left alone (like Fisty) they just didn't participate. If I recall it was some sort of free Google app. Just a thought.
America is at that awkward stage; It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards. ~ Claire Wolfe

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa

Somewhere in the Middle of Montana

In a natural "bowl" (hills on 3 sides) about 100 yards from the house
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

geronimotwo

• friend
big city turn me loose
make the world idiot proof.....and you will have a world full of idiots. -g2

Stickjockey

• friend
So actually his name should be Bat *expletive deleted* Crazy Richard.

They just call him Bat*bleep* Ricky.
APS #405. Plankowner? You be the judge.
We can't stop here! This is bat country!!

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Edit:

And of course it was voluntary - if someone wanted to be left alone was making an enemies list (like Fisty) they just didn't participate. kept reading and plotting.

"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas

Las Vegas, Nevada

American Shooters, Discount Firearms, BLM land.  There is also a private club/range that I want to join after some other more pressing issues in my life get straightened out.

DD
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.

wacki

• friend
Indianapolis In
Marion County Fish and Game, property in Hendricks county

Hey Wacki, I've been at MCFG for about 5 years, used to do the silhouette and bowling pin shoots regularly. Not so much this year as it's been a busy year for me. What about you, do any of the events there?

I understand being busy.  I'm working 50-60 hour work weeks and doing the night time MBA thing.  :-p

Haven't done any events there.  I may change that though.  I have half a dozen metal gongs I take to the range on the occasional weekend and blow through 500 .22 LR thorugh my Spikes Tactical AR15 and a few hundred of other various pistol calibers.  I love hearing that ping sound.  Instant gratification.

Next time you go to an event feel free to PM me and I'll see if I'm free.  Just try to give me some advance warning as the gf like to plan everything out.

never_retreat

• Head Muckety Muck
  • friend
Stockton NJ
Phillipsburg pistol club.
Parents back yard, and friends farm for the big stuff. Plus a few trap ranges.
I needed a mod to change my signature because the concept of "family friendly" eludes me.
Just noticed that a mod changed my signature. How long ago was that?
A few months-mods

MrsSmith

• friend
mid 40's

delaware co ny

friends backyard

Seriously? From the pic on your band's website I thought you were closer to my daughter's age!
America is at that awkward stage; It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards. ~ Claire Wolfe

wmenorr67

• friend
32, Metro Detroit, don't have a place to shoot at this time.

Hell you are in Metro Detroit.  There shouldn't be a problem of where the only problem is who first? >:D
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
Seriously? From the pic on your band's website I thought you were closer to my daughter's age!

Getting ideas?  ;)
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

MrsSmith

• friend
Um, NO.
No offense to Geronimo, who's happily married with kiddos.

Just giving kudos where it's due....

eyebrows

• friend
I understand being busy.  I'm working 50-60 hour work weeks and doing the night time MBA thing.  :-p

Haven't done any events there.  I may change that though.  I have half a dozen metal gongs I take to the range on the occasional weekend and blow through 500 .22 LR thorugh my Spikes Tactical AR15 and a few hundred of other various pistol calibers.  I love hearing that ping sound.  Instant gratification.

Next time you go to an event feel free to PM me and I'll see if I'm free.  Just try to give me some advance warning as the gf like to plan everything out.

Sounds good. Don't know when I'll make it to another event, between work and my impending wedding in May I've been pretty busy. Most of my downtime gets spent wrenching on stuff around the house. Plus it seems like every time I run into a board member they want me to fix a door or the gate.

I do regularly stop by on my way home from work and put a few magazines thru my Sig p226. Sometimes the fiance joins me and we'll burn up a brick of .22 pretty easy. Shes slowly becoming a pretty decent shot. I've got some spinner targets and we also give that poor ol gong at 50 yards a good work out.
Our house is literally 5 minutes from the range, so drop me a pm one of these times you go and if I'm not otherwise occupied I can swing over there pretty easy. Otherwise just keep an eye out for the guy pinging the heck out of the gongs or some spinners with various handguns(i love that sound too) and wearing translucent green electronic muffs.

BryanP

• friendly hermit
  • friend
Smyrna, TN
Mostly at a state-run range a few miles from here. Not nearly often enough.
"Inaccurately attributed quotes are the bane of the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3lKbMBab18

=D
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.