Author Topic: Genealogy Look up Stuff  (Read 3258 times)

TarpleyG

• friend
Genealogy Look up Stuff
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2006, 01:48:13 AM »
Barbara,

Thanks for the info.  What are you using to look all this up?  I have a product called Family Tree Maker 2005 from Ancestry.com that I use to track everything.  I have hesitated signing up for their online search service for $24/month just because I have been leary of what I'll get.  Be interested to know what you use.

Greg

TarpleyG

• friend
Genealogy Look up Stuff
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2006, 10:28:00 AM »
Well, after Barbara got me started on all this again (I got busy after working on it a while last year and forgot about it), I finally tracked back as far as I could on my mom's side all the way to Abe Lincoln's great-great-grandfather, John, who is also my 6th great-grandfather.   John was married twice.  1st to Rebecca Flowers who is Abe's gggrandmother, then to Mary Robeson who is my 6th great-grandmother.  That make's Abraham Lincoln my half-second cousin, 5 times removed.  Pretty cool even if he was the butthead that started the "War of Northern Aggression."

Greg

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
Genealogy Look up Stuff
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2006, 12:23:48 PM »
I just want to publicly state my appreciation to Barbara for getting me past my ancestry dead end.  I now have my father's family traced all the way back to the late 1700s in South Carolina. Smiley

One thing I've learned is that you cannot completely rely on oral information from relatives Wink

I seem to be at another dead end for the moment, but it is more than 100 years back (and three generations) from where I was at previously.  Seems like most or all of my family has been in America for over two centuries.

Thanks, Barbara Smiley
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Genealogy Look up Stuff
« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2006, 01:38:40 PM »
Thanks! I sent you some more stuff to wade through.

I know there are a few people still waiting. I'll get to you eventualy, I promise. Smiley

Genealogy Look up Stuff
« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2006, 02:30:40 PM »
Well, I see I've created a few new addicts. Smiley

Genealogy Look up Stuff
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2006, 03:53:02 PM »
I have "some" rope, I can buy more...

I gotta a "hangin' gun"...way I figure it, some things need to be put to rest. Once done, celebrate with Good Food, Good Folks...

Just need some nice branches...shovels?  Like the man said " buzzards gotta eat too...".

Who wants to party?

:evil smirk: