Author Topic: Need help from MP3/ipod geeks  (Read 633 times)

Smoke

Need help from MP3/ipod geeks
« on: February 27, 2006, 01:18:17 PM »
So I been collecting MP3s via my computer for some time.  I have ripped most of my CD collection.
I do NOT have an ipod or MP3 player of any sort.

I now need a way to get my tunes into my car.  Mp3 player and an FM transmitter?  Other way?
I like high quality/Low cost.  Somebody educate me......any recommendations welcome.

Are there better player that are cheaper than the ipod?  Is there a better way to do the car thing?
I'd like to keep my stock head unit.

Help an old fart become up to date.

Smoke

RadioFreeSeaLab

• friend
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2006, 03:35:07 PM »
I use an iPod and FM transmitter, but the sound is FM quaility.  Do you have a tape deck? If so, get a tape adapter, and an iPod, and you're all set.  Does your stock stereo have aux inputs on the back?  If so, you might be able to patch in that way.

zahc

• friend
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2006, 05:29:56 PM »
You can buy a CD player that will play mp3s, then burn a CD full of them IIRC I could fit about 120-150mp3s on a CD, back before I got out of car 'audio'.

Many aftermarket CD players also have an auxilliary in connection, so you can just hook up some RCAs and plug them into your mp3 player for good quality.

Of course if you have an iPod you can buy CD players that let you conceal the iPod and control it through the player, but I don't do iPods because they don't play back music properly.
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine