Author Topic: Gay Marriage hurts the most vulnerable  (Read 6440 times)

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Gay Marriage hurts the most vulnerable
« on: August 28, 2018, 11:24:15 AM »
https://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/after-95-years-ny-rules-end-catholic-adoption-and-foster-services-in-buffalo-60894

Yet another Catholic adoption agency has been forced to close its doors because the state requires they place children under their protection with gay couples.

SHOCKING, UNEXPECTED developments in the grinding of those damned backwards "religious" things under the heel of "tolerance".

Oh, the children? Well, who cares. We have HERETICS to oppress!

NOTE: It's interesting that the homosexuals are taking the Catholic church down from within and without.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
Re: Gay Marriage hurts the most vulnerable
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2018, 12:08:51 PM »
So you mean they have to comply with state rules like everyone else? Shocking

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2018, 12:11:47 PM »
Not to mention their blatant discrimination against placing children for adoption with a single male or single female.  If you want to extend that logic, than if one parent dies, the children should be removed from the home.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2018, 01:21:45 PM »
Not to mention their blatant discrimination against placing children for adoption with a single male or single female.  If you want to extend that logic, than if one parent dies, the children should be removed from the home.

Yes, if you follow your twisted and unintelligible strawman version of that logic, you should remove children from their birth parent because the other died.

Can you, perhaps, spot a difference between REMOVING a child from a less than optimal situation and PLACING a child in a less than optimal situation?

So you mean they have to comply with state rules like everyone else? Shocking

Such irony. It's funny how that wasn't the cry from the libertines about gay marriage.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2018, 01:26:18 PM »
Yes, if you follow your twisted and unintelligible strawman version of that logic, you should remove children from their birth parent because the other died.

Can you, perhaps, spot a difference between REMOVING a child from a less than optimal situation and PLACING a child in a less than optimal situation?

Such irony. It's funny how that wasn't the cry from the libertines about gay marriage.

Stop making sense, makattak. You're offending the SJWs.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2018, 01:45:13 PM »
I, for one, recognize that it might be possible to have teh gey marridge without using it to go after the normies. But going after the normies is the purpose of the exercise.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2018, 02:16:26 PM »

So are you saying that a single parent, heterosexual to boot, is not a suitable adoptive parent?

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2018, 02:27:07 PM »
So are you saying that a single parent, heterosexual to boot, is not a suitable adoptive parent?

I believe I used the term "less than optimal".

But, yes. Every effort to find a child an adoptive mother and father ought to be exhausted before moving to less than optimal choices.

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2018, 04:21:39 PM »

statistically, yes.

Being the child of a single parent is directly correlated to worse outcomes. Better than what they came from, sure. But again, they want to place children in homes that have the highest chance of success.

There's not a lot of data on outcomes from same sex couple parents yet, at least not near as much as for heterosexual... but being the child of a single parent is linked to a whole bunch of bad.

IMHO (and there are studies about it), lack of a father figure is one of the chief problems with the urban black community
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2018, 06:39:14 PM »

Being the child of a single parent is directly correlated to worse outcomes. Better than what they came from, sure. But again, they want to place children in homes that have the highest chance of success.

My immediate thought was, "Then why allow adoptions by same sex couples?" But I see that you cleverly anticipated that exact question:

Quote from: Fitz
There's not a lot of data on outcomes from same sex couple parents yet, at least not near as much as for heterosexual... but being the child of a single parent is linked to a whole bunch of bad.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
    • My Book
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2018, 06:41:05 PM »
My immediate thought was, "Then why allow adoptions by same sex couples?" But I see that you cleverly anticipated that exact question:

To be clear. I don’t know about same sex couples. My inclination given what we have seen from sensationalist news stories is negative. But I don’t opine on it because I don’t know that there’s enough data on it
Fitz

---------------
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:

-MicroBalrog

Strings

• APS Pimp
  • friend
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2018, 09:46:37 PM »
Unfortunately, most of what we hear about same sex couples and kids are the lunatic fringe
No Child Should Live In Fear

What was that about a pearl handled revolver and someone from New Orleans again?

Screw it: just autoclave the planet (thanks Birdman)

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2018, 10:02:45 PM »
Unfortunately, most of what we hear about same sex couples and kids are the lunatic fringe

Well...

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2018, 07:58:49 AM »
https://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/after-95-years-ny-rules-end-catholic-adoption-and-foster-services-in-buffalo-60894

Yet another Catholic adoption agency has been forced to close its doors because the state requires they place children under their protection with gay couples.

SHOCKING, UNEXPECTED developments in the grinding of those damned backwards "religious" things under the heel of "tolerance".

Oh, the children? Well, who cares. We have HERETICS to oppress!

NOTE: It's interesting that the homosexuals are taking the Catholic church down from within and without.

So they’d rather stop helping children than comply with anti discrimination laws??? Got it - keeping up discrimination against gays is more important than helping kids to these people
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2018, 08:41:23 AM »
Is there a dearth of normal couples looking to adopt that we are forced to turn over children to individuals with disordered sexuality?

We know what is best for children and putting their needs aside and handing them over to homosexuals in the name of “fairness” is insane.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2018, 09:02:33 AM »
So they’d rather stop helping children than comply with anti discrimination laws??? Got it - keeping up discrimination against gays is more important than helping kids to these people

Try "deeply held religious beliefs" instead.  There are other agencies that gay couples could work with.l   But no, they insist that not only must we accept their lifestyle, but that we must approve it.   
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2018, 09:11:03 AM »

Yes. If they don't keep those gays down no one else will!

Or, you could also not set up a strawman and realize that it is a matter of deeply held conviction: not engaging in the sin of harming those children.

Not helping them is less bad than harming them.

But you don't really care about the children, either. What's important is to rub it in the faces of those nasty breeders that the squares have lost and the state will be using their powers to force them to bow the knee. (See how it works?)

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2018, 10:52:32 AM »
As to Ron's comment above, working in the healthcare field, I can say that there is a shortage of healthy Caucasian children to adopt.  Over the years, we have been contacted many times by (usually) affluent Caucasian couples or single women who want to know if any of our pregnant patients want to give up their baby for adoption and can we put them in touch for that purpose.  Between effective birth control, abortion and women choosing to keep and raise the child on their own, this has really impacted the adoptable infant supply in the USA.  This is why people are doing round after round of expensive IVF attempts, hiring pregnancy surrogates to carry a baby, and looking beyond healthy Caucasian infants as adoption candidates.   The adoption business is pretty competitive now.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2018, 11:15:42 AM »

Certainly not if heterosexual. Homosexual would be A-okay, though, because we can't discriminate against the LBGTXYZ community.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2018, 11:16:31 AM »
As to Ron's comment above, working in the healthcare field, I can say that there is a shortage of healthy Caucasian children to adopt.  Over the years, we have been contacted many times by (usually) affluent Caucasian couples or single women who want to know if any of our pregnant patients want to give up their baby for adoption and can we put them in touch for that purpose.  Between effective birth control, abortion and women choosing to keep and raise the child on their own, this has really impacted the adoptable infant supply in the USA.  This is why people are doing round after round of expensive IVF attempts, hiring pregnancy surrogates to carry a baby, and looking beyond healthy Caucasian infants as adoption candidates.   The adoption business is pretty competitive now.

*cough* Russia meeting, Trump Tower *cough*...
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2018, 11:18:56 AM »

Apparently you don't actually "get it," because the issue isn't not complying with anti-discrimination laws, the issue is choosing not to be forced into becoming a party to something that runs contrary to their religious beliefs.

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
    • My Book
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2018, 01:16:25 PM »
Apparently you don't actually "get it," because the issue isn't not complying with anti-discrimination laws, the issue is choosing not to be forced into becoming a party to something that runs contrary to their religious beliefs.

Peoples beliefs don’t matter, unless of course your beliefs include all manner of perversion, in which case they are sacred .

I, for one, am getting sick and tired of the gay community and their agenda

And it hasn’t slipped my notice that the slippery slope argument from a decade ago is reaching fruition

There are legions of needy children from non-religious agencies that desperately need placement. The fact that this is even a discussion sickens me, and tells me it has nothing to do with what the children need and everything to do with cramming yet another agenda down the throats of people of faith

Fitz

---------------

-MicroBalrog

brimic

• friends
« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2018, 01:32:07 PM »
. The fact that this is even a discussion sickens me, and tells me it has nothing to do with what the children need and everything to do with cramming yet another agenda down the throats of people of faith

Bingo. Its not enough to liberalize marriage/adoption laws, it must be taken steps further to bring social and legal retribution against all of those who don't willfully support the agenda.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2018, 01:54:14 PM »
Bingo. Its not enough to liberalize marriage/adoption laws, it must be taken steps further to bring social and legal retribution against all of those who don't willfully support the agenda.

https://answersforthefaith.com/2017/07/31/gay-activist-were-going-to-punish-the-wicked-christians-who-oppose-lgbt-agenda/

"We’re going to punish the wicked." Mr. Gill said his effort to block religious-freedom bills in Southern states has already paid off. Last year, the Gill Foundation rallied more than 100 corporations, including Coca-Cola, Google and Marriott, behind a front group called Georgia Prospers. Threatening to pull business out of the state, the coalition successfully lobbied Republican Gov. Nathan Deal into vetoing a Religious Freedom Restoration Act.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2018, 01:58:40 PM »

Yeah, cause adoption agencies aren't supposed to be picking and choosing who gets the kids. That would just be weird.