Author Topic: Heidi Yewman (the Reluctant Carrier), after project interview  (Read 6524 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: Heidi Yewman (the Reluctant Carrier), after project interview
« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2013, 02:21:27 PM »
Let me guess.  Does "doubling down on stupid" sound about right?

(not done reading)

Octupling down.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2013, 03:22:31 PM »
Arrggghhh!!!

Huffington post sucks. I can't get the comment to post because of the retarded popups!

I would love to see all that supposedly threatening commentary.

I commented three times on first installment of your article, never once threatening you and not one of them was let through.

In fact, the only pro gun comments allowed where the ones that pandered to your infantile behavior and allowed return commentors to rant and rave about how the posters "didn't get it!" because they told you to reseive training.

Yes, Heidi, we do "get it." We get it better then you. We understand that you are so lacking in commen sense and critical thinking that you require someone else to tell you what you should and should not do. You're "investigative journilism" prooves your little point perfectly. You had a predetermined attitude, which you justified in written form by intententionally failing to once take into account that there is more going on here then a minimum standard that doesn't require the training you so adimatly refused to receive.
You are right. The minimum requirements for most states that issue conceled weapons permits do not require the minimum standard of training that a person needs to operate a firearm.
However, requiring the government to legislated basic the commen sense it takes for someone to say "If I want a gun, I should get some training." is just pathetic, nor is it a society I wish to live in. Have we, as Americans, really gotten that stupid? Should we continue needing a baby sitter for a government to requlate our every little decision?
Apparently, you do. So much for being an empowered, educated modern woman, capable of making responcible decisions about how to live her own life. You require the government to tell you that you need more training to purchase and carry a firearm. Next, you'll need it to tell you how to manage your money, raise your kids and take care of your reproductive system.
Oh, wait! Why don't you just let them make those hard decisions for you! Then you don't have to think at all!

So, it turns that you're the one who doesn't get it.

Would someone please do me a favor and post that in the comment section? You can use my email and name (it's bluestarlizzard@gmail.com) or your own. IDC, I, for the love of little baby zardoz, must get at least one comment posted on this crap or I might go the rest of the way insane!

My personal hell, there is someone wrong on the internet and I can't COMMENT!
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2013, 03:26:06 PM »

My personal hell, there is someone wrong on the internet and I can't COMMENT!

:rofl: :rofl:

You don't want her to have an anxiety attack, do you?    :angel:

Yup, she does seem to have been isolated from adverse comment.  "Control the narrative, control the narrative."
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2013, 03:37:00 PM »
:rofl: :rofl:

You don't want her to have an anxiety attack, do you?    :angel:

Yup, she does seem to have been isolated from adverse comment.  "Control the narrative, control the narrative."

I would love to be front row center for her anxiety attack. Even better, can I have a bushel of rotten tomatos to throw at her?
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2013, 04:21:20 PM »
I would love to be front row center for her anxiety attack. Even better, can I have a bushel of rotten tomatos to throw at her?

I think I might get more satisfaction out of pointing and laughing when she finally folds up.  Does that make me a bad person?
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2013, 05:14:56 PM »
TTAG covers Heidi carries a gun, Part Deux, and comes to the same conclusion I reached.

Really? Internet rulez: if you don’t post a photo, it didn’t happen. Anyway, it’s over. What should have been an ongoing series turned into a two-part journey into Ms. Yewman’s heart of darkness.....Reading between the lines, this woman needs some serious psychological counseling. Or not; people who don’t want a gun shouldn’t have one. But that doesn’t mean that people that do shouldn’t. Oh, and when it comes to an anti-gunner strapping-up and opting out, Dan Baum did it better.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2013, 06:59:05 PM »
Actually, there was a photo on the original Ms article, supposedly taken by her husband. However, her face wasn't shown, so it could have been anyone.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2013, 04:30:21 AM »
TTAG covers Heidi carries a gun, Part Deux, and comes to the same conclusion I reached.

I have a no-click policy on TTAG articles. Mostly because the guy who runs it is a complete ahole and steals content from other bloggers.  =(
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth