Author Topic: Obamacare - I Must Be Doing it Wrong  (Read 11186 times)

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
Re: Obamacare - I Must Be Doing it Wrong
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2013, 08:22:28 PM »
0-care app, I tried to run through it.

Pokey, creepyly intrusive, failed with "Error ID somelongstringofnumbers" on the final "click here to apply".  Would not let me exclude my wife (she's on medicaid now, don't ask.) Oh, and it wanted an "electronic signature".  A what?  Support chat sat and sat and sat.

Oh, yeah.  Each and every email from healthcare.gov got caught in my ISP's spamtrap.   :rofl:

Not Ready For Prime Time.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2013, 07:30:01 AM »
0-care app, I tried to run through it.

Pokey, creepyly intrusive, failed with "Error ID somelongstringofnumbers" on the final "click here to apply".  Would not let me exclude my wife (she's on medicaid now, don't ask.) Oh, and it wanted an "electronic signature".  A what?  Support chat sat and sat and sat.

Oh, yeah.  Each and every email from healthcare.gov got caught in my ISP's spamtrap.   :rofl:

Not Ready For Prime Time.

Why bother applying?  You won't like the result and the gov will know you applied but declined their wonderful offer.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

lee n. field

• friend
« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2013, 09:00:22 AM »
Why bother applying?  You won't like the result and the gov will know you applied but declined their wonderful offer.

Mark me down as pessimistic.  I strongly suspect I make too much for any WelfareCare, and that 0-care will (would) cost 1/3 of my take home pay, the just for me.  "Affordable" it ain't.

I want a number before I generate my rant.

lee n. field

• friend
« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2013, 09:20:47 AM »
Zerocare facebook page

That natives are restless.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #29 on: October 06, 2013, 09:37:21 AM »
Zerocare facebook page

Since you apparently don't need a friendface account to see the page, I took a few minutes to read some of the comments. There are some way too obvious fake accounts on there asking leading questions where somehow, "healthcare.gov" makes it in as the first reply every time. They don't seem to reply to any of the comments where people that weren't low income took the time to compare Obamacare and private insurance, which every time seemed to show that Obamacare was way more expensive as soon as you made a salary that no longer met subsidy requirements.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2013, 12:41:21 PM »
Zerocare facebook page

Money post:
Haywood Jablomie: WTF?? I thought Obamacare was supposed to be FREE! I discovered that it will cost me MORE money than my current plan for LESS coverage! I'm disabled and my current plan costs $398 a month. It pays 100% after I pay $1500 a year out of pocket. Obamacare will cost me $759 and I STIIL have to pay 80% of all charges....and I have a lot of cherges. This is a complete SCAM!
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2013, 12:50:32 PM »
Haywood Jablomie: WTF?? I thought Obamacare was supposed to be FREE! I discovered that it will cost me MORE money than my current plan for LESS coverage! I'm disabled and my current plan costs $398 a month. It pays 100% after I pay $1500 a year out of pocket. Obamacare will cost me $759 and I STIIL have to pay 80% of all charges....and I have a lot of cherges. This is a complete SCAM!
Well duh
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2013, 06:17:53 PM »
Here's the results so far in True Blue Maryland:

Maryland had 174k unique web site visitors, 13,532 accounts created, 566 applications submitted –> 326 enrolled.
.2% of hits enrolled.  2.4% of those creating accounts enrolled. I suspect that the other 12,966 people saw their rates and went "I thought this was FREE!!!" and did not even apply. It just gets better and better.

Had they signed up millions (or even thousands) they would have been all over the news harping about the success of Obamacare.  But given that the numbers a infinitesimally small, they are parroting "Well, there's lots of interest."  They may be interested but it would not appear to be bringing in the numbers it needs to. 

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.