Author Topic: Dear patient, who I will not be surprised to hear that you are dead  (Read 4314 times)

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
Re: Dear patient, who I will not be surprised to hear that you are dead
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2017, 06:36:32 PM »
So we need some ultra-concentrated Narcan.  In big darts.  Maybe just a heavy gauge needle attached to a funnel and a bucket.

You need the bucket. We kind of do that. We will put them in ICU with a Narcan drip until they are clear, or they rip out their IV and go AMA to find another fix, which ever comes first.

bob

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2017, 09:06:26 AM »
We are now sometimes giving multiple doses of Narcan due to the local heroin being cut with either Fentanyl or carfentanil. 

Why do you hate Darwin?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2017, 12:30:51 PM »
DEATH PANELS! DEATH PANELS!

And that is pretty much why we don't want to touch the subject.  On the one hand, people say we are wasting money to keep drug addicts alive, and on the other hand, if you look to control the costs to keep drug addicts alive, people say who are you to play God?

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2017, 01:28:43 PM »
And that is pretty much why we don't want to touch the subject.  On the one hand, people say we are wasting money to keep drug addicts alive, and on the other hand, if you look to control the costs to keep drug addicts alive, people say who are you to play God?

This is a danger of socialized medicine.

If it's your own money being wasted trying to save you, have at it.

When it's MY money that's being wasted to save someone from his own foolish choices, then I'm suddenly interested in whether he"deserves" to be saved.

Which is why we ought to keep the government out of such decisions (and payments!) at all costs. Sadly, that ship has already sailed.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2017, 03:30:52 PM »
At the risk of pissing off Microbalrog further, if you have been diagnosed with opioid (or the like) addiction, then no living saving measures or procedures should be performed at public cost.  If you or your private insurance wish to pay, then go for it...
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2017, 12:47:43 AM »
please pray for her
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."