Author Topic: Garland for FBI Director?  (Read 4868 times)

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
Re: Garland for FBI Director?
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2017, 12:02:37 PM »
It's exceedingly unlikely that anyone can be found to head the FBI who doesn't hold that attitude and, in the unlikely event such an individual could be found and confirmed, it would be impossible for him/her to actually reverse that attitude within the bureau.

Ron Paul's got some free time these days, and seems to like a challenge.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2017, 03:19:54 PM »
NPR reported Garland's close associates say he isn't interested.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2017, 12:25:47 AM »
NPR reported Garland's close associates say he isn't interested.

It was always highly unlikely Trump would even offer it, and even more unlikely Garland would accept.  Short of Congress impeaching him he has a guaranteed job for life where he's at now, and likely more power over time than FBI director would provide.  If he took the post at the FBI he could be fired at any time by the POTUS (whether Trump or otherwise), and it's only a 10 year nominal term.
Formerly sumpnz

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2017, 03:25:23 PM »
David Clarke - Just to see all of the Establishment's heads asplode.

Not FBI Director but apparently he is movin' on up.
he's leaving the Milwaukee County Sheriff's office to take a job at the Dept. of Homeland Security.
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2017, 12:20:10 AM »
Huh. Looks like Lieberman rose to the top as of now. I would never have guessed that in a million years.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/05/18/joe-lieberman-emerges-as-trumps-top-choice-for-fbi-director.html
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Re:
« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2017, 07:07:50 AM »
I may disagree with Lieberman on a host of issues, but from his history, I believe him to be honest.

Which says a lot, actually.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Re:
« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2017, 08:01:53 AM »

I may disagree with Lieberman on a host of issues, but from his history, I believe him to be honest.

Which says a lot, actually.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

I can't listen to the man talk with out thinking about the dad from ALF.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiEOxaoP9cw

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2017, 08:12:09 AM »
I can't listen to the man talk with out thinking about the dad from ALF.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiEOxaoP9cw

I had never made that connection, but even without the link, I can hear it!  :rofl:
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought