Author Topic: Walking dead season 5 (Spoilers)  (Read 54268 times)

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
Re: Walking dead season 5 (Spoilers)
« Reply #250 on: March 29, 2015, 06:50:34 PM »
Many of the walkers seem to have some degree of rot.  coming apart in someone's hands for instance.  There is much suspension of belief in the show, so some kind of slow decay or just a state of decay for the body makes sense.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #251 on: March 29, 2015, 10:34:44 PM »
Aw, come on sound-guys, get it together!  If a guy's hand and foot aren't moving he's not shifting the motorcycle!

Sleeping with the walkers?  WTF?

There must be a lot of rot if one can take the heads off 3 of them with one swing of a chain...

"Fear the Walking Dead" Summer 2015?  If it's a summer filler kind of thing, hope it's as good.

ETA:  Best to do a search before posting:  http://www.ew.com/article/2015/03/09/amc-announces-walking-dead-companion-series 

« Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 11:30:43 PM by Cliffh »

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #252 on: March 30, 2015, 01:55:20 AM »
I guess Carol didn't get her dish back.
""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #253 on: March 30, 2015, 03:30:58 AM »
October.  *expletive deleted*ing october.  I don't wanna wait! Damnit.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #254 on: March 30, 2015, 04:24:13 AM »
it seems like the long term survivors either turn ruthless or sentimental - rick is ruthless - carol too - glenn sasha help the people trying to kill them -
the commercials for fear the walking dead look great
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #255 on: March 30, 2015, 07:23:05 AM »
Carol is the master chess player...

And when did Morgan become Qin Jang Fu, master of the oriental arts of beating the *expletive deleted*it out of people with a stick?
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #256 on: March 30, 2015, 07:25:43 AM »
Carol is the master chess player...

And when did Morgan become Qin Jang Fu, master of the oriental arts of beating the *expletive deleted*it out of people with a stick?

I guess his time in solitary, he picked up some skillz. 

And yes....Carol.  The knife to the chin, daring him to come at her....  :O
Between her banishment, shooting Lizzy, and then the Terminus rescue.  Carol is born again hard.
JD

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #257 on: March 30, 2015, 09:50:49 AM »
Carol. Cookies. Sweet smile. Blade... :O

I missed the smile and the timing, but the image was dead-on.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #258 on: March 30, 2015, 01:32:17 PM »
Looks like the leader of the softies decided she wanted her people to live
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #259 on: March 30, 2015, 01:40:06 PM »
Looks like the leader of the softies decided she wanted her people to live

Indeed.  That last line and the look on her face told me everything.  Born again hard? Maybe. 
JD

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #260 on: March 30, 2015, 01:53:48 PM »
I guess his time in solitary, he picked up some skillz. 

Nice work with the quarterstaff.  Is he going to start robbing from the rich and giving to the poor?

And yes....Carol.  The knife to the chin, daring him to come at her....  :O

At least it was to the chin and not . . . somewhere else.
""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #261 on: March 30, 2015, 04:29:57 PM »
Interesting that Rick gladly became the Alexandria executioner... I wonder if he would have done it so willingly had it not fit his ulterior motives?
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #262 on: March 30, 2015, 05:43:41 PM »
Interesting that Rick gladly became the Alexandria executioner... I wonder if he would have done it so willingly had it not fit his ulterior motives?

I dunno. Charging in with Michone's katana and slicing the leader's husband's throat....I was shocked he waited for permission.
JD

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #263 on: March 30, 2015, 07:16:07 PM »
Exactly. He waited. He has started to regain a part of himself from the world that was.

Rick even a few days ago wouldn't have waited. He would have killed Pete outright. But this time he deferred to the authority/leader figure and then carried out her order.

He's accepted that she is the leader, and that he's now a part of structure of the community.

« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 09:09:38 PM by Mike Irwin »

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #264 on: March 30, 2015, 07:42:47 PM »
Exactly. He waited. He has started to regain a part of himself in the world that was.

Rick even a few days ago wouldn't have waited. He would have killed Pete outright. But this time he deferred to the authority/leader figure and then carried out her order.

He's accepted that she is the leader, and that he's now a part of structure of the community.

On the nose. He was trying to make a point, and he recognized that Deanna got the message.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #265 on: March 30, 2015, 09:09:05 PM »
I'm not so sure that he was even trying to make a point.

I think he's finally accepted that he's back in a community, and that he needs to be part of it, not necessarily the leader of it by force.

What was it he said right before Pete attacked?

"I'll teach you."

You don't need to be the absolute leader of the group to be the teacher. Sometimes it works out better if you're not.

Thinking about it some more, Rick willfully killing Pete, even though Pete's value to the community is beyond measure as a doctor, is Rick showing them that they have to be hard to survive. It's his first lesson. They might have exiled Pete in the past, but it's beyond that.

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #266 on: March 30, 2015, 09:22:38 PM »
I'm not so sure that he was even trying to make a point.

I think he's finally accepted that he's back in a community, and that he needs to be part of it, not necessarily the leader of it by force.

What was it he said right before Pete attacked?

"I'll teach you."

You don't need to be the absolute leader of the group to be the teacher. Sometimes it works out better if you're not.

Thinking about it some more, Rick willfully killing Pete, even though Pete's value to the community is beyond measure as a doctor, is Rick showing them that they have to be hard to survive. It's his first lesson. They might have exiled Pete in the past, but it's beyond that.

This is precisely the point I believe he repeatedly tried to put across. I think Deanna's acceptance of it influenced Rick's willingness to integrate rather than overwhelm. What would he have done had she not said "Do it" but instead opted for banishment?
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 09:27:02 PM by SADShooter »

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #267 on: March 30, 2015, 09:38:11 PM »
I'm torn on that.

I'm 50/50 on his accepting banishment and letting it go.

The other option on that is his accepting banishment with the tacit understanding between him and Darryl that there's some hunting that needs to be done.

Ned Hamford

• friend
« Reply #268 on: March 30, 2015, 10:23:37 PM »
On the nose. He was trying to make a point, and he recognized that Deanna got the message.

I was watching with the wife and absolutely cackling. Call back to the speech given by Rick about how you chose who dies or it is chosen for you. In my mind's eye Rick was transformed into Cartman from the Scott Tenorman episode.  Yes yes, your world and ideology are crumbling around you, your tears are so delicious to me. 
Improbus a nullo flectitur obsequio.

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #269 on: March 30, 2015, 10:57:00 PM »
I'm torn on that.

I'm 50/50 on his accepting banishment and letting it go.

The other option on that is his accepting banishment with the tacit understanding between him and Darryl that there's some hunting that needs to be done.

Valid, but I think creating a firm survival mindset for Alexandria (and getting some hairdresser trim in the bargain) were the key motivations.

The fact that we're having this thoughtful discussion is an homage to the workmanlike talents of the writers/producers of an entertainment with such an outlandish premise.

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #270 on: March 31, 2015, 09:32:10 AM »
Valid, but I think creating a firm survival mindset for Alexandria (and getting some hairdresser trim in the bargain) were the key motivations.

The fact that we're having this thoughtful discussion is an homage to the workmanlike talents of the writers/producers of an entertainment with such an outlandish premise.

Definitely. 
JD

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #271 on: March 31, 2015, 10:23:50 AM »
"The fact that we're having this thoughtful discussion is an homage to the workmanlike talents of the writers/producers of an entertainment with such an outlandish premise."

Say what now?

I was beating a coworker with a table leg.

He was, uh, showing definite signs of zombiism... Yeah, that's it, zombiism...

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #272 on: March 31, 2015, 10:30:16 AM »
A table leg? That was the best you could do after all the creative anti-zombie weapons ideas we've had here? Disappointing. :P

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #273 on: March 31, 2015, 10:52:34 AM »
Dude, I'm in a modern cubicle farm.

It was either a table leg or a Swingline stapler... and it's not even a red Swingline.

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #274 on: March 31, 2015, 11:11:24 AM »
Dude, I'm in a modern cubicle farm.

It was either a table leg or a Swingline stapler... and it's not even a red Swingline.

Reliability issues. Understood.