Author Topic: CIA Is A Collection of Worthless, PC Apparachics: 500 Day Plan  (Read 1598 times)

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
CIA Is A Collection of Worthless, PC Apparachics: 500 Day Plan
« on: December 18, 2007, 01:00:58 AM »
In yet another installment of, "You Can't Make This *expletive deleted*it Up..."

http://www.commentarymagazine.com/blogs/index.php/schoenfeld/1585

On December 6, Donald Kerr, the PDDNI, that is, the Principal Deputy Director of National Intelligence, laid out his agencys 500-day plan to set things right. What is required, first and foremost, he said in congressional testimony, is integrating the foundational elements and removing the barriers  in the areas of policy, management/budgeting, technology and acquisition, information, collection and analysis, and culture. To this end, we need to promote and build an intelligence community (IC) identity or sense of jointness by creating programs that provide for cross-agency work assignments and training.

The 500-day plan enters almost immediately into a discussion of the vital importance of Equal Opportunity and Diversity. It offers high praise for the intelligence communitys Diversity Strategy Implementation Workshop, an event held this past October that was an an important step in the accomplishment of the IC-wide EEO and Diversity Cross-Cutting Emphasis Area Plan (CCEAP) by providing each of the IC Agencies with the mechanisms and direction. . . .

Is it no wonder these tits on boars despise GWB?  Instead of going to Diversity seminars, he wants them to go to such pits as Afghanistan, Iran, & Iraq.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
Re: CIA Is A Collection of Worthless, PC Apparachics: 500 Day Plan
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2007, 06:13:35 AM »
Well, at least he knows a lot of big words ...  rolleyes
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2007, 07:04:56 AM »
CIA does need more diversity, from what I hear.

Hard to get human intelligence pertaining to Islamofascist terrorism when none of your spies are middle easterners.

This letter sounds like a Human Resources group hug though.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2007, 08:45:31 AM »
Umm, isn't it spelled Apparatchik

Just sayin', that's all...  rolleyes

Having myself received a TS/SCI clearance from the above ridiculed agency, I know they're sticklers on spelling and punctuation in the reports I generated.  HUMINT is always in short supply, regardless.
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2007, 10:08:01 AM »
The transliteration "apparatchik" is preferred by most, though some folks would romanize it as apparatčik. (Gotta love diacriticals)

First time I saw it, it was spelled Аппаратчик. 

Second time, it was transliterated as I wrote it by a native-Russian speaker (English 2nd or third language).

-----------

To get further off the OP, I used to give some folks fits by going from pinyin to Wade-Giles in successive documents, just to be ornery.

Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2007, 12:31:28 PM »
To get further off the OP, I used to give some folks fits by going from pinyin to Wade-Giles in successive documents, just to be ornery.

Are those fonts or dialects?
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2007, 02:33:29 PM »
They are both means to transcribe Mandarin Chinese into Roman characters and guides on pronunciation.

Wade-Giles was developed by a Brit way back when the Brits not only conquered half the world, but studied it and named the persons, places, & things worth knowing about.  Think Peking (W-G) vs Biejing (P). 

Pinyin was developed in late 20th century by the Chicoms (& never adopted by the Taiwanese).

The person's goat I was getting was an example the usual, contemporary, Chinese (PRC) xenophobe/chauvinist.  Of course, he thought Pinyin was the way to go, what with its being superior in every way to the "imperialist" W-G. 

FWIW, I have a tin ear for tonal languages.  I couldn't tell you chin, ching from ch'in by ear.
Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

The Rabbi

• friend
  • "Ahh, Jeez. Not this sh*t again!"
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2007, 02:57:28 PM »
Anyway, the CIA has never recovered from the Church Committee.
I see this sort of like the Army.  What the gov't needs to do is tell the Army or CIA, "look, we want this kind of result.  Now go out there and do it.  Report back in 6 months.  If you need anything else, call us."
And then let them get on with the job they were trained for.  Way way too much policy is promulgated simply as CYA.
Fight state-sponsored Islamic terrorism: Bomb France now!

Vote Libertarian: It Not Like It Matters Anyway.

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2007, 03:33:37 PM »
Rabbi, you hit the nail on the head.

Micromanagement of agencies is not in the best interest of anybody, so when the DCI gets tasking, he presses on with what's in his bag of tricks, reporting what he can, via the various INTs he has at his disposal.  Having been a smallish gear in that particular mechanism myself, I wouldn't want his job for a million dollars/year.   undecided
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

The Rabbi

• friend
  • "Ahh, Jeez. Not this sh*t again!"
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2007, 04:06:43 PM »
Gewehr, that is true for almost anything.  I have seen private school boards micromanage the principal out of a job.  You either have confidence in the people you hire, and let them do their jobs, or you dont, and you fire them.  But nothing in between.
Fight state-sponsored Islamic terrorism: Bomb France now!

Vote Libertarian: It Not Like It Matters Anyway.