Author Topic: Berkeley vs USMC: The Protests in Living Color  (Read 1682 times)

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Berkeley vs USMC: The Protests in Living Color
« on: February 17, 2008, 07:21:12 AM »
The guy at zombietime.com attended the protests (the plural is appropriate, you'll see) and photographed the  event.

I love it when protests are photographed and reported on in long format.  It lets you see just how much te MSM filters reality to suit their agenda.

Also, the general goofiness of folks hamming it up to each other in a crowd is interesting.

Here is the link
http://www.zombietime.com/berkeley_marines_2-12-2008/

Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

The Viking

Re: Berkeley vs USMC: The Protests in Living Color
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2008, 08:06:42 AM »
Six to seven years back, I could've been in the anti-military crowd. I'm ashamed of those days.

grislyatoms

• friends
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2008, 08:35:48 AM »
Thanks for the link...

I have to commend the Berkeley Police for keeping their cool. There were a couple pics I saw, if that had been me with the truncheon... I like to think I would have been as cool and reserved. Folks screaming in my face tend to get a reaction.

As per usual programming, the leftists were all about emotionally charged hollering and general ruckus, whilst the right seemed to be calm, collected, and rational.

I wouldn't be able to attend such a thing. Too much noise and nonsense.
"A son of the sea, am I" Gordon Lightfoot

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2008, 09:08:35 AM »
"Berkeley's critics included six Republican U.S. senators who have vowed to cut federal funding for several Berkeley programs, such as the Chez Panisse Foundation, which provides school lunches at Berkeley's public schools"

Say what?

School lunches?

Isn't Berkeley one of the richest area of the nation?
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ned Hamford

• friend
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2008, 09:14:47 AM »
I took part in a protest once.  Was walking down the street and saw some Vets for Peace.  
My first thought, yah, horrors of war, makes sense.
Then I stopped and chatted with them.  
Can't say it for all of course, but the bunch on that street corner that day were a bunch of loons.  Absurd political views and well, less actual veterans than the signs would lead one to believe.

A friend and I, having nothing better to do, went back to our dorms, made up a few signs, and took a spot across the street from them.  
My Sign: End the War... With Victory
Friend's sign...   Baghdad: We could use another Dresden

I remember being quite pleased at how 'our side' would frequently involve folks stopping by and having rational conversations.  Most folks were just wondering what the heck Dresden meant.  
Other side seemed quite upset at the attention we were getting.  Folks just walked by them and frequently walked faster.  Nice looking, clean cut fellows on the other side of the street got some smiles.

After the other side left we soon followed joking about how great that feeling of accomplishment was when it didn't actually accompany real effort or results.

This happed some.... 5-6 years ago along a major street in the Bronx.  At the time me and the other fellow were both contracted with the Army [ROTC].
I thought his sign was in bad taste, but it did draw people in.

Improbus a nullo flectitur obsequio.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2008, 05:30:06 PM »
What a long, strange trip its been.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2008, 01:25:44 PM »
Geeez, when are we going to nuke the site from orbit ??  Just to be sure....

Or can we sell Berkley back to Mexico Huh?
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

CAnnoneer

• friend
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2008, 02:28:17 PM »
I bet most of the pink protesters still hang on their parents' financial teat while taking their time finishing silly majors, torturing guitars, and getting Che tattoos ...

That reminds me of a guy I knew in college. He spent two days waiting to buy tickets for the first showing of Star Wars Episode One, then another day in front of the movie theater. There were news cameras reporting on the geeks, so it so happened he ended up in one of the broadcasts, which was later seen by his father on TV. His father called him up on the phone and said: "I saw somebody that looked like you wasting their time like that. But, I trust my son is smarter than to do that while I pay for his expensive college education with my hard-earned money. So, it must not have been you." Ironically, after all that, the guy did not even like the movie...

The Viking

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2008, 08:27:48 AM »
I bet most of the pink protesters still hang on their parents' financial teat while taking their time finishing silly majors, torturing guitars, and getting Che tattoos ...

That reminds me of a guy I knew in college. He spent two days waiting to buy tickets for the first showing of Star Wars Episode One, then another day in front of the movie theater. There were news cameras reporting on the geeks, so it so happened he ended up in one of the broadcasts, which was later seen by his father on TV. His father called him up on the phone and said: "I saw somebody that looked like you wasting their time like that. But, I trust my son is smarter than to do that while I pay for his expensive college education with my hard-earned money. So, it must not have been you." Ironically, after all that, the guy did not even like the movie...
Can't go around working for a living when there's protesting do be done can we?
It's very much the same here, although some of these folks over here live on student loans/grants instead of their parents...still studying for Mickey Mouse degrees though. I wonder how they plan to support themselves with their silly degrees? We don't need THAT many professors with a degree in Gender Studies...couldn't be that they plan to live on the dole? angry rolleyes. IOW, my taxes...

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2008, 09:30:25 AM »
That is just funny.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2008, 11:24:36 AM »
I know some might disagree, but I almost feel sorry for the cops that have to stand guard out there.  They are one of the few getting paid to be there.  They have to put up with crap from both sides and not react.  If anything bad starts happening, they will look like the bad guys. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Strings

« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2008, 11:41:40 AM »
They're cops in Berkeley: I routinely send them my sympathies, for the garbage they have to put up with!

S. Williamson

• formerly Dionysusigma
  • friends
  • It's not the years, it's the mileage.
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2008, 02:57:25 AM »
"Make out, not war"

BWAAAAA HA HAAAAAA!!!!  cheesy rolleyes

There are some applications that PC is not suited to.
"The chances of finding out what's really going on are so remote, the only thing to do is hang the sense of it and keep yourself occupied. I'd far rather be happy than right any day."
"And are you?"
"No, that's where it all falls apart I'm afraid. Pity, it sounds like quite a nice lifestyle otherwise."
-Douglas Adams