Author Topic: 'South Park' Creators Could Face Retribution for Depicting Muhammad  (Read 9078 times)

MechAg94

• friend
http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2010/04/20/website-warns-south-park-creators-face-retribution-depicting-muhammad/?test=latestnews

'South Park' Creators Could Face Retribution for Depicting Muhammad, Website Warns

By Joshua Rhett Miller

- FOXNews.com

A radical Islamic website is warning the creators of "South Park" that they could face violent retribution for depicting the Prophet Muhammad in a bear suit during an episode broadcast on Comedy Central last week.

RevolutionMuslim.com posted a warning following the 200th episode of Trey Parker and Matt Stone's "South Park," which included a caricature of the Prophet Muhammad disguised in a bear suit.

A radical Islamic website is warning the creators of "South Park" that they could face violent retribution for depicting the Prophet Muhammad in a bear suit during an episode broadcast on Comedy Central last week.

RevolutionMuslim.com posted the warning following the 200th episode of Trey Parker and Matt Stone's "South Park," which included a caricature of the Prophet Muhammad disguised in a bear suit. The Web posting also included a graphic photo of Theo van Gogh, a Dutch filmmaker who was murdered in 2004 after making a documentary on violence against Muslim women.

"We have to warn Matt and Trey that what they are doing is stupid and they will probably wind up like Theo Van Gogh for airing this show," the posting reads. "This is not a threat, but a warning of the reality of what will likely happen to them."

Reaching by phone early Tuesday, Abu Talhah al Amrikee, the author of the post, said he wrote the entry to "raise awareness." He said the grisly photograph of van Gogh was meant to "explain the severity" of what Parker and Stone did by mocking Muhammad.

"It's not a threat, but it really is a likely outcome," al Amrikee said, referring to the possibility that Parker and Stone could be murdered for mocking Muhammad. "They're going to be basically on a list in the back of the minds of a large number of Muslims. It's just the reality."

Al Amrikee said the website is considering a protest against the "disgusting" show, which also depicted the Prophet Muhammad in an episode on July 4, 2001.

"This is not a small thing," he said. "We should do whatever we can to make sure it does not happen again."

The posting on RevolutionMuslim.com also includes audio of a sermon by Anwar al-Awlaki -- a radical U.S.-born preacher now believed to be hiding in Yemen -- who discusses assassinating individuals who defame the Prophet Muhammad. It also included a link to a 2009 story in the Huffington Post that gave details of Stone and Parker's mansion in Colorado.

A Comedy Central spokesman told FoxNews.com that the network has no comment on the posting.

This is getting a bit out of hand.  I would be worried, but it is just too dang funny.  South Park puts him in a Bear costume to avoid showing him and they still get threats?  In the past, they just showed him as invisible or as a blacked out section.  

Considering they poke fun at Christians on nearly every episode of that show, the Muslims can go pound sand.  
« Last Edit: April 21, 2010, 11:13:20 AM by MechAg94 »
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

taurusowner

Re: 'South Park' Creators Could Face Retribution for Depicting Muhammad
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2010, 11:17:01 AM »
The same thing happened with Family Guy.  I wish one of those shows would just animate Muhammad for real just to go all the way and be done with it.  Anyone who tries some #### because of it can take a 5.56

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2010, 11:39:21 AM »
South Park did animate Mohammed several years before all the flap over his image came to the fore.  A Google search will bring up lots of images of the cartoon visage.

I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2010, 11:48:41 AM »
Was that the first time they did their League of Justice or whatever it is?
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2010, 11:57:04 AM »
Yes, the super-best-friends.

http://www.southparkstudios.com/guide/504/
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

PTK

• friends
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2010, 02:37:16 PM »
Knowing folks who know the creators of South Park, I'm fairly certain they're not concerned. From what I understand, they're pro-gun, pro-freedom, and armed so well they make me look like a four year old girl carrying a doll.
"Only lucky people grow old." - Frederick L.
September 1915 - August 2008

"If you really do have cancer "this time", then this is your own fault. Like the little boy who cried wolf."

Mabs2

• friend
  • セクシー
    • iCarly
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2010, 02:45:11 PM »
Knowing folks who know the creators of South Park, I'm fairly certain they're not concerned. From what I understand, they're pro-gun, pro-freedom, and armed so well they make me look like a four year old girl carrying a doll.
Get them to give me a job.
Quote from: jamisjockey
Sunday it felt a little better, but it was quite irritated from me rubbing it.
Quote from: Mike Irwin
If you watch any of the really early episodes of the Porter Waggoner show she was in (1967) it's very clear that he was well endowed.
Quote from: Ben
Just wanted to give a forum thumbs up to Dick.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2010, 02:52:37 PM »
Get them to give me a job.

Because you want to meet Seaman?

""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2010, 02:56:10 PM »

Sounds good.  I don't watch, since I can't abide disgusting humor, but they seem to be making a lot of good points on a lot of issues. 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Mabs2

• friend
  • セクシー
    • iCarly
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2010, 02:57:04 PM »
Because you want to meet Seaman?

No, I just want a job. :(
Quote from: jamisjockey
Sunday it felt a little better, but it was quite irritated from me rubbing it.
Quote from: Mike Irwin
If you watch any of the really early episodes of the Porter Waggoner show she was in (1967) it's very clear that he was well endowed.
Quote from: Ben
Just wanted to give a forum thumbs up to Dick.

mellestad

• friend
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2010, 02:58:58 PM »
I wish the media companies would suck it up and quit caving to religious extremists.  This whole thing just reaffirms that they can get their way by using the threat of force.  Yuck.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2010, 03:25:50 PM »
What is it that David Blaine mumbles all the time in the super best friends episode?
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
  • A more Elegant Monkey for a more civilized Forum.
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2010, 03:43:58 PM »
They are just misunderstood.  Remember, it "the religion of peace".  Dont get me started on the prophet and his 9 year old bride, or that I think the entire religion is a sham cult.  Just my opinion, YMMV
“We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”

Abraham Lincoln

With the first link the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

PTK

• friends
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2010, 03:48:24 PM »
They are just misunderstood.  Remember, it "the religion of peace".  Dont get me started on the prophet and his 9 year old bride, or that I think the entire religion is a sham cult.  Just my opinion, YMMV

'course, let's just jump to things like that.... since Christianity is just a weird zombie and cannibal cult.  ;)

"If you really do have cancer "this time", then this is your own fault. Like the little boy who cried wolf."

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2010, 03:54:20 PM »
And my "religion", Wiccan, we dance naked around big fires and fly on brooms.  >:D
“We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”

Abraham Lincoln

With the first link the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

PTK

• friends
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2010, 03:55:04 PM »
INTERNET HIGH FIVE for not reacting to that poorly, my man.  MAN I love this forum. =D

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2010, 03:57:01 PM »
And here I was, getting ready to lock this once it turned nasty...

But anyway, yea - let's avoid bashing entire religions based on a subset of their population.

Mmmkay?

PTK

• friends
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2010, 03:58:41 PM »
And here I was, getting ready to lock this once it turned nasty...

But anyway, yea - let's avoid bashing entire religions based on a subset of their population.

Mmmkay?

Soitenly. We seemed to have nipped that in the bud anyway. APS goers are good like that, usually.  =)

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2010, 04:00:25 PM »
Soitenly. We seemed to have nipped that in the bud anyway. APS goers are good like that, usually.  =)

Well, yea. 

But a preemptive strike against threads that involve religion or pets is usually a good measure anyway.  :laugh:

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2010, 04:02:25 PM »
I try to never discuss my pet's religion. ;)

jim
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2010, 04:05:00 PM »
High five back at ya. It's not Islam that I have a problem with it's organized religion in general. But hey, it's my opinion. The south park guys should be allowed to do their thing as should anyone practicing their religion. It's funny though.  I haven't heard anything about a group of Christians, wiccans, buddists, nudists throwing down death threats and in some cases murdering someone due to a depiction that they didn't like.

FWIW. I'd help defend the south park guys if called to, as well as any one else who needed defending, including Muslims.

Abraham Lincoln

PTK

• friends
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2010, 04:08:02 PM »
I'd help defend the south park guys if called to, as well as any one else who needed defending, including Muslims.

"A more Elegant Monkey for a more civilized Forum" indeed!  =D

Seenterman

• friend
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2010, 04:21:01 PM »
This is reason # 392 why I love South Park  =D

They depicted Mohammed in the Super Best Friends episode that aired Season 5 in 2001. I had to look it up after Stan's little speech. I have a feeling Sidney Poitier and Robert Smith may be making an appearance tonight!  [popcorn]

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2010, 04:24:34 PM »
I have a feeling Sidney Poitier and Robert Smith may be making an appearance tonight!  [popcorn]

Baa-bura!  Baa-bura!  Hana ga ooki!
--Lysander Spooner

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2010, 04:36:36 PM »
Those BASTARDS!!  :mad:
Avoid cliches like the plague!