Author Topic: 'South Park' Creators Could Face Retribution for Depicting Muhammad  (Read 9083 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: 'South Park' Creators Could Face Retribution for Depicting Muhammad
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2010, 05:11:56 PM »
INTERNET HIGH FIVE for not reacting to that poorly, my man.  MAN I love this forum. =D

You just INTERNET HIGH FIVEd a Wiccan for not taking offense at a joke you made at the expense of Christianity.   ???

"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Dannyboy

• friend
« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2010, 05:14:29 PM »
I can't believe I'd never seen the Super Best Friends episode until today.  I thought I had seen every episode...more than once.
Oh, Lord, please let me be as sanctimonious and self-righteous as those around me, so that I may fit in.

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
  • A more Elegant Monkey for a more civilized Forum.
« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2010, 05:19:25 PM »
I'm not taking my High Five back. Now. I will be washing and arming my Battle Broom. In case the Christians come after me for being a heathen pagan, and the Muslims for me being a heathen infidel pagan.
 [popcorn]
“We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”

Abraham Lincoln

With the first link the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2010, 05:20:31 PM »
We'll come at you sideways...   ;)

PTK

• friends
« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2010, 05:21:34 PM »
You just INTERNET HIGH FIVEd a Wiccan for not taking offense at a joke you made at the expense of Christianity.   ???

It's your fault.
"Only lucky people grow old." - Frederick L.
September 1915 - August 2008

"If you really do have cancer "this time", then this is your own fault. Like the little boy who cried wolf."

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2010, 05:23:29 PM »
We'll come at you sideways

promises, promises.  I have a Gatling turrent, so I'm covered.  >:D
“We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”

Abraham Lincoln

With the first link the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2010, 05:32:07 PM »
What are you expecting?  The Spanish Inquisition? 

AZRedhawk44

• friends
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2010, 05:54:04 PM »
I believe you meant to say:

NOBODY EXPECTS THE SPANISH INQUISITION!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tym0MObFpTI&feature=related

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2010, 06:11:14 PM »
My link is better-er.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2010, 08:24:38 AM »
So, apparently, Comedy Central censored the word Mohammad out of the new episode (which was a continuation of the this one).  :facepalm:

Jesus Christ those people are a bunch of cowards (not the South Park guys; Comedy Central).
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2010, 10:29:32 AM »
So, apparently, Comedy Central censored the word Mohammad out of the new episode (which was a continuation of the this one).  :facepalm:

Jesus Christ those people are a bunch of cowards (not the South Park guys; Comedy Central).

They censored everything, practically.  Even when Stan stepped forward for his typical "Hey!  I learned something today..." speech at the end of every episode.  I don't think it was Comedy Central... it was South Park themselves doing it.
--Lysander Spooner

PTK

• friends
« Reply #37 on: April 22, 2010, 10:30:54 AM »
I think that was the joke, yep.  :lol:

"If you really do have cancer "this time", then this is your own fault. Like the little boy who cried wolf."

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #38 on: April 22, 2010, 10:38:01 AM »
They censored everything, practically.  Even when Stan stepped forward for his typical "Hey!  I learned something today..." speech at the end of every episode.  I don't think it was Comedy Central... it was South Park themselves doing it.

When I went to check the online version to see if it was censored similarly, instead of having the new episode up there was a screen stating that they didn't have the online version ready yet because Comedy Central bleeped a lot of extra stuff after they delivered the finished episode.

Here's a screen capture:

They may have done the ending, but I'm pretty sure that "Mohammad" was bleeped by Comedy Central.
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

PTK

• friends
« Reply #39 on: April 22, 2010, 10:41:36 AM »
I sense South Park going with a different publisher soon...  =|

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2010, 10:44:55 AM »
I sense South Park going with a different publisher soon...  =|

Nah.  No one is going to be more risque than Comedy Central.  Comedy Central is owned by MTV networks and Viacom.

They "might" look at Cartoon Network in the Adult Swim programming block, owned by Turner.  But unlikely.
--Lysander Spooner

PTK

• friends
« Reply #41 on: April 22, 2010, 10:48:43 AM »
That's what I was thinking. No realistic chance they'd go all-internet broadcast yet, either. Quite unfortunate, really. South Park's draw, for me, was the fact it was out there and yet not censored. Shame.  =(

sanglant

• friend
« Reply #42 on: April 22, 2010, 10:50:59 AM »
Nah.  No one is going to be more risque than Comedy Central.  Comedy Central is owned by MTV networks and Viacom.

They "might" look at Cartoon Network in the Adult Swim programming block, owned by Turner.  But unlikely.
showtime or hbo [tinfoil]

Seenterman

• friend
« Reply #43 on: April 22, 2010, 10:51:30 AM »
Yea the bleeps distracted me alot, does anyone know if South Park censored Muhammed or if that was Comedy Central too? Why would South Park need network approval to stream an episode on their website?

PTK

• friends
« Reply #44 on: April 22, 2010, 10:52:13 AM »
Yea the bleeps distracted me alot, does anyone know if South Park censored Muhammed or if that was Comedy Central too? Why would South Park need network approval to steam an episode on their website?

Contract.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #45 on: April 22, 2010, 11:12:56 AM »
That's what I was thinking. No realistic chance they'd go all-internet broadcast yet, either. Quite unfortunate, really. South Park's draw, for me, was the fact it was out there and yet not censored. Shame.  =(
The draw for me was that they made fun of liberals and lefty ideas just as much as conservatives.  Most shows on TV don't do that, even the ones that people think of as balanced.  They also attack some pretty touchy social issues as well.  Their show on Ritalin and attention deficit disorder years ago was a classic.  The abortion/fetal stem cell/Superman tie in was pretty good also.

Beyond that, if you can get past the disgusting side of their humor, it is a really really funny show. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
« Reply #46 on: April 22, 2010, 01:38:01 PM »
Comedy Central. What a nad-less network.

Abraham Lincoln

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #47 on: April 22, 2010, 02:45:35 PM »
My favorite...
yup graphic, probably not safe for work, or anywhere else for that matter.  :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKgpKH2AH3s
Avoid cliches like the plague!

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #48 on: April 22, 2010, 05:27:34 PM »
But anyway, yea - let's avoid bashing entire religions based on a subset of their population.

What about bashing entire religions based on the entirety of their population?   >:D

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
« Reply #49 on: April 22, 2010, 05:45:02 PM »
What about bashing entire religions based on the entirety of their population?   >:D
Hey, no dissing the Cult of Zardoz, lest angry Zardozians come and wrap you in saran wrap(unbreakable saran wrap, too). Zardoz has spoken. Now fetch my green bread, brutal.