Author Topic: Couple attacked by naked 300lb bodybuilder.  (Read 9024 times)

BryanP

• friendly hermit
  • friend
Couple attacked by naked 300lb bodybuilder.
« on: December 07, 2011, 07:18:59 PM »
Wow.  To quote one of the commenters, if I came home to a naked, 300 lb bodybuilder on my porch I'd pretty much just scratch that day as a loss and go have a drink.

http://news.yahoo.com/couple-badly-injured-bodybuilder-attack-032149667.html
"Inaccurately attributed quotes are the bane of the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
Re: Couple attacked by naked 300lb bodybuilder.
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2011, 07:51:35 PM »
just keep driving. Even if your armed, unless you happen to be carring something massive.

300 pounds of muscle powered by drugs does not go down easy.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2011, 07:52:06 PM »
"22-year-old Ruben Arzu apparently was under the influence of steroids and other drugs, and it took four police officers, two stun gun blasts and four sets of handcuffs to restrain him."

Holy moly, I am surprised they didn't have to just shoot him.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2011, 07:55:18 PM »
"22-year-old Ruben Arzu apparently was under the influence of steroids and other drugs, and it took four police officers, two stun gun blasts and four sets of handcuffs to restrain him."

I'm betting they had 9mm.

Doubt it would do much without a several head shots.

I would think roid rage has simularities with PCP.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2011, 07:57:53 PM »
What caliber for a 300lb roided up & drug fueled bodybuilder? I'm thinking that this might be a scenario where a .44 Magnum might be considered barely enough for self defense :O.
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2011, 07:58:37 PM »

The homeowners cannot shoot him as it is California - oh, wait, you meant the cops!  =D
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

InfidelSerf

• friend
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2011, 08:11:27 PM »
Stupid is as stupid does. 
Seriously I don't care if it's a 90 pound naked man on my front porch.
If I see ANY naked person on my front porch I'm not approaching him, I'm calling the police and suggesting a padded van may be in order.
The hour is fast approaching,on which the Honor&Success of this army,and the safety of our bleeding Country depend.Remember~Soldiers,that you are Freemen,fighting for the blessings of Liberty-that slavery will be your portion,and that of your posterity,if you do not acquit yourselves like men.GW8/76

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2011, 08:45:00 PM »

Welcome to the internet.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2011, 11:14:32 PM »

Maybe it's due to them being Californis LEO's.....but, when I shoot a guy in the head with my 9mm, he tends to notice.....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

BryanP

• friendly hermit
  • friend
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2011, 07:56:07 AM »
All I can say is if I can drive away I will.  If not, then I hope I've got something on me that will get his attention. 9mm will do.  I normally carry 38+P.  Either way I'm going to find out how fast my fat butt can run away.
"Inaccurately attributed quotes are the bane of the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

brimic

• friends
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2011, 10:11:25 AM »
1: Get video camera
2: ???????
3: Profit
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2011, 10:30:52 AM »
Also carrying a rifle in the car might not be a bad idea  ;)
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2011, 10:43:54 AM »
All I can say is if I can drive away I will.  If not, then I hope I've got something on me that will get his attention. 9mm will do.  I normally carry 38+P.  Either way I'm going to find out how fast my fat butt can run away.
I would think in a situation like this, you would be better off aiming low for the gut and legs.  At least that might slow him down enough to be less of an immediate danger.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

brimic

• friends
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2011, 12:39:31 PM »
Also carrying a rifle in the car might not be a bad idea

I keep a rifle in my car just in case such a situation arises....and a kukri knife.

Barack Obama

brimic

• friends
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2011, 12:47:18 PM »
I would think in a situation like this, you would be better off aiming low for the gut and legs.  At least that might slow him down enough to be less of an immediate danger.

9mm? Pfft. Grab a blunt object, a piece of rebar will do just nicely, take a hard swing at the head or knees, he will go down like a ton of Obama if you make contact with either, if he gets a limb in the way to block it, that will get broken, so simply repeat the process.

I swear that people make this a lot more complicated than it needs to be. I think the cops on the scene were the new age type- all high speed low drag until they come across someone that challenges them. I've seen an old school Vietnam Vet cop who couldn't have weighed in at more than 150lbs take down multiple hopped up big brawlers with nothing more than a night stick.

Barack Obama

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2011, 01:14:08 PM »
I swear that people make this a lot more complicated than it needs to be. I think the cops on the scene were the new age type- all high speed low drag until they come across someone that challenges them. I've seen an old school Vietnam Vet cop who couldn't have weighed in at more than 150lbs take down multiple hopped up big brawlers with nothing more than a night stick.
They were probably taught to avoid using physical force that leaves bruises (and broken bones) in police academy - otherwise they could get nailed for excessive force or similar.
But yeah. Nobody is immune to being clubbed like a baby seal.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2011, 02:05:33 PM »
But yeah. Nobody is immune to being clubbed like a baby seal.

I don't know why, but I almost choked trying not to giggle like a school girl at that.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2011, 02:15:21 PM »
Guys. 300 pounds! Forward momentum and ending up squashed like a cockroach can still hurt you even should he be dead.

(and how many beat cops can make a headshot with their sidearms? Really  ;/ )

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2011, 03:50:24 PM »
What caliber for a 300lb roided up & drug fueled bodybuilder? I'm thinking that this might be a scenario where a .44 Magnum might be considered barely enough for self defense :O.

Agree, I would want a 45-70 in that situation, or shotgun with slugs.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2011, 03:52:35 PM »
"911 what is your emergency?"
"Uhm, yeah...I was about to pull into my driveway and noticed a very large...very naked man on my porch."
"....Say again?"
"There's a very large, very naked, very angry looking man on my porch."
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2011, 03:59:34 PM »
As long as the dude was still outside my house, I'd be inclined to call the cops - that's what they're there for.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2011, 04:17:27 PM »

I would think roid rage has simularities with PCP.

My wife the trauma nurse has noticed a trend: the bigger someone is, be it muscle or fat, the more likely they are to survive being shot.  Penetration becomes a Very Big Deal with larger attackers.  I personally met a man who survived being shot with a full mag frmo a Browning High Power: 13 rounds of 9mm goodness didn;t even knock him on his *expletive deleted*ss.  He walked home and called 911.  This guy was really, really fat.  400+ pounds before the shooting, 300lbs after recovery.

Roids are most similar to testosterone, not an hallucinogen.  In the long term, they stimulate muscle recovery.  In the short term, they can increase aggression.  IOW, increase the size of the *expletive deleted*hole both physically and socially.

9mm? Pfft. Grab a blunt object, a piece of rebar will do just nicely, take a hard swing at the head or knees, he will go down like a ton of Obama if you make contact with either, if he gets a limb in the way to block it, that will get broken, so simply repeat the process.

Being less susceptible to GSW trauma but still susceptible to blunt force trauma directed at CNS or joints are not mutually exclusive.

The beat cop equivalent of SWATties who futz around in full view of the objective house's front windows and then stack up like a chinese fire drill at the entrance.  The day these jokers go up against a truly dangerous man, half won't make it home that night.

Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2011, 04:39:11 PM »
My wife the trauma nurse has noticed a trend: the bigger someone is, be it muscle or fat, the more likely they are to survive being shot.

Not exactly astounding.  Don't we use larger calibers on larger wild animals ?  ;)
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2011, 04:56:33 PM »
Not exactly astounding.  Don't we use larger calibers on larger wild animals ?  ;)

Yep, but every once in a while folk need reminding.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2011, 05:22:54 PM »
Yep, but every once in a while folk need reminding.

7.62*39 * 30  >:D