Author Topic: Gawd, I'd forgotten how much I love politics...  (Read 522 times)

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
Gawd, I'd forgotten how much I love politics...
« on: January 28, 2007, 09:20:54 AM »
A friend's girlfriend is running for Alderman in a St. Louis municipality, and I offered to help. This is her first campaign, and she's getting her eyes opened FAST...

A large part of her campaign is based on the ol' Broom trick - reform. Fun part is that it's one of those little areas that are on the far-side of corrupt, so part of the strategy session was "what to do if one of the current police officers tries to pull her over," since we really wouldn't put 'em past flaking her to get her out of the race...

Blog under construction

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
Re: Gawd, I'd forgotten how much I love politics...
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2007, 12:30:28 PM »
Yep, it's always sobering to see what goes on in campaigns.

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2007, 03:09:03 PM »
Yup... Two factions, and the po-po chief is on the other one... Since his moderately cushy job is on the line here, and it also appears that he's been living a LOT higher than his salary allows, and audits may result in a stretch, he may resort to flaking during a traffic stop. She's already getting summonses for phantom parking tickets (kinda hard to get a ticket on Saturday when your car's parked in the boyfriend's driveway 40 miles away...).

Lots of the campaign is gonna be door to door, so I'm figuring that a video camera is gonna have to go along every weekend.

Blog under construction

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2007, 07:42:21 PM »
Since I'm in the area, I'd be interested in knowing who you mean.  PM me if you like. 

But if you'd rather not say, that's fine, too.  I live in Edmundson, so I probably can't vote for her. 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2007, 08:24:46 PM »
Well, it's north of Page... Not a bad sized little municipality, and the current folks seem to have a bit of a family history of bending the law from within.

Blog under construction