Author Topic: More young Muslims back sharia, says poll  (Read 1145 times)

Manedwolf

• friend
More young Muslims back sharia, says poll
« on: January 28, 2007, 07:08:42 PM »
Oh, friggin' lovely. Well. UK will be a dhimmi state, I guess. They thought the bombings were bad under the IRA troubles?
Sharia is SCARY dark-ages nonsense...I fail to understand how tolerating intolerance in the name of tolerance accomplishes anything but putting one's own head on the chopping block?

More young Muslims back sharia, says poll

Guardian
Stephen Bates and agencies
Monday January 29, 2007

A growing minority of young Muslims are inspired by political Islam and feel they have less in common with non-Muslims than their parents do, a survey reveals today. The poll, carried out for the conservative-leaning Policy Exchange thinktank, found support for Sharia law, Islamic schools and wearing the veil in public is significantly stronger among young Muslims than their parents.

In the survey of 1,003 Muslims by the polling company Populus through internet and telephone questionnaires, nearly 60% said they would prefer to live under British law, while 37% of 16 to 24-year-olds said they would prefer sharia law, against 17% of those over 55. Eighty-six per cent said their religion was the most important thing in their lives.

Nearly a third of 16 to 24-year-olds believed that those converting to another religion should be executed, while less than a fifth of those over 55 believed the same. The survey claimed that British authorities and some Muslim groups have exaggerated the problem of Islamophobia and fuelled a sense of victimhood among some Muslims: 84% said they believed they had been well treated in British society, though only 28% thought the authorities had gone over the top in trying not to offend Muslims. Munira Mirza, a doctoral student at Kent University who wrote the report, said: "The government should engage with Muslims as citizens, not through their religious identity."

Seriously, how IS this all going to end up? Are we really going to have to eventually get into an all-out war of the freedom-minded (secular and actually tolerant religions) against these fanatics?

This just doesn't seem like it's going anywhere good at all. IMO, the best solution would be to pull the fiscal rug out from under their home bases by getting OFF foreign oil and going nuclear as much as possible, but that'll take a while.

And no, this isn't anti-Muslims, etc, etc...this is just, well...how ARE we eventually going to have to deal with this?

ilbob

• friend
    • Bob's blog
Re: More young Muslims back sharia, says poll
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2007, 02:52:24 AM »
one solution would be to send back immigrants who do not assimilate.
bob

Disclaimers: I am not a lawyer, cop, soldier, gunsmith, politician, plumber, electrician, or a professional practitioner of many of the other things I comment on in this forum.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2007, 03:21:28 AM »
one solution would be to send back immigrants who do not assimilate.

Hatespeech!  Hatespeech!   smiley
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2007, 04:30:27 AM »
Hey, here in the US, you routinely see headlines that say that "More young Baptists oppose dancing" and stuff like that...

You know, I haven't seen much of a shift...

The idea behind the folks doing press releases like that is to try to garner the loyalties of people who go for the "bandwagon." They're the same folks who ask "which candidate will win?" and then vote for that candidate. They don't want to vote for a loser. That's all that matters to them. Sad.

Blog under construction

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2007, 04:41:03 AM »
Hey, here in the US, you routinely see headlines that say that "More young Baptists oppose dancing" and stuff like that...

You do?  I'd really like to see that.  Even if you can show me some, can you show me the movement to outlaw dancing, as Sharia would outlaw vice? 

This notion that we're anywhere near a Christian theocracy in the US is just a non-starter.  Just like the idea that such a govt. would be as bad as the Taliban. 

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2007, 05:43:21 AM »
Okay... Lemme break it down for the humorously challenged... Old joke about baptists is that they're not allowed to have sex standing up, because someone may think they're dancing... I mean, come on... Plus various churches also try to trumpet how many teens they're getting involved - I think they're hoping to catch more.

And as for religion and politics? Heck - look at this one...

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,247998,00.html
Blog under construction

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2007, 07:33:44 AM »
Humorously challenged?  OK, I give up.  I have no idea what either of your posts are trying to say, or how the FOX story is supposed to relate to any of this.  I just took your remarks to be your standard Christophobia.  Don't bother to explain.

mfree

• friend
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2007, 07:48:49 AM »
Let's make an example. Let's pay a UK reporter to go undercover and tell some of these folk that they converted to Islam and then abandoned it for, say, the Anglican church.

Then they can guage the reaction and tell us all about it, *if they can*.