Author Topic: Amateur detecive vs. Airbnb  (Read 648 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
Amateur detecive vs. Airbnb
« on: November 03, 2019, 08:56:16 AM »
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
Re: Amateur detecive vs. Airbnb
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2019, 09:44:07 AM »
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2019, 10:06:40 AM »
Rhetorical question I assume.

Not entirely. The author didn't get a full refund, but she did (apparently) shut down or divert several scammers, at least temporarily. And she has put the story out to the public, which I hope will cause people to either be more careful when dealing with Airbnb, or perhaps even convince people not to deal with Airbnb.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2019, 10:26:45 AM »
I thought the response from Air B&B was the absolute minimum they could get away with.

The scammers are free to retool and scam away under new identities.

The scammers look to me to be more a criminal syndicate. The Feds should be involved imho.

She did a great job though, I agree with you there.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.